Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

Super Tigre G61, G75, G90 Comparison

Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Super Tigre G61, G75, G90 Comparison

Old 12-02-2008, 06:55 PM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Super Tigre G61, G75, G90 Comparison

I agree with Panda man. My G90 ran good with an apc 14x7 (only cause I didnt have a 14X8 handy at the time). It ran best in my TF gold corsair side mounted with a slimline pitts muffler. Had a nice deep growl to it, sounded great and was the perfect combo in that corsair.
Edwin
Old 12-02-2008, 07:01 PM
Kweasel
My Feedback: (29)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Super Tigre G61, G75, G90 Comparison

ORIGINAL: XJet

ORIGINAL: ricardinho

hey guys just retired my supertiger 75 after 3 hard years of flying. i had it on a 60 size big stik and loved it. it started getting alot of dead sticks and was losing power. so i took it apart and seen lots of metal in the cylinder and the piston looked beat.
That's none too impressive - three years?

Even if that was a lot of hard flying I'd expect at the most to be looking at a new ring and bearings. That there's obviously been some serious issues is pretty poor.

My oldest engine has five years worth of flying on it (and I fly *really* hard) totalling some 400+ hours. It's still almost good as new - but it's not a SuperTigre.

Three years could be an exceptionally long life depending on where the engine was operated and how well it was maintained. A sandy runway will damage a cylinder very quickly. A bearing that is corroded or stuck with dried oil won't last very long either.