Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Parts numbers, to place an order

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 05:18 AM
SCORPIO_2727

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts numbers, to place an order

I acquired 2 secondhand ASP glo engines. Strange that both these earlier .46 and the earlier .91 have conrod problems. The problems in both cases is excessive play in the big-end bushing on the conrods, so much so there is a very distinctive jerks of the prop as the piston passes through top dead centre. Perhaps the previous owner used no percentage of castor oil at all, and not using enough synthetic lube in his fuel mix. My problem is I need parts numbers so I can place an order with a supplier over here in OZ. "Yes, I can get you the parts, just give me all the parts numbers". Of course no exploded view of the parts, with numbers, for each engine came with the engines.

Can anyone please, please, tell me the parts numbers for: the ASP .46 conrod, the ASP .91 conrod, the prop washer and the 2 prop nuts for the .91

Strange, that despite the abuse both these engines have suffered, other than the conrods, both are otherwise still in very good condition. Regards Glen
Old 12-30-2008, 07:48 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Parts numbers, to place an order

ASP engines have been made for more than 25 years and there are many different models
Please specify engine model and version eg Mk1, Mk2, 'Series 3', or 'Series 3' 's'

If you cannot do that then you are going to have to describe the engines

Is the head colored like red or black

Is the crank case one piece or does it have a bolt on front bearing housing

Is the head round or squarish
Old 12-30-2008, 08:08 AM
Ken6PPC

Detailed pictures might help someone on these boards identify your engines.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:37 AM
SCORPIO_2727

Thanks for the 2 responses. After posting this thread, I had a squiz at Just Engines web site to discover "marks" and "Series". Ah ha, I have a can of worms here. Unfortunately, at the moment I'm at work, on night shift, so will have to come back later in the day with engine descriptions and possibly pics of the engines. I do recall that both had plain aluminium heads, the crank cases were one piece (with back plates), but as to round or square heads, that I fail to accurately recall. I'll be back (now that reminds me of one of your famous generals). Glen
Old 12-30-2008, 11:53 AM
w8ye

Glen, someone will be here. Pictures are better

The "S" version had the squarish head.
Being as you are aware of Just Engines the best we can most likely do is try to decide which version you have? But its sounding like the "XL"

Then you can tell Jennie
Old 12-30-2008, 12:00 PM
SCORPIO_2727

Thanks: and where would I be without Rc Universe and those that give input and feedback to same.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:05 PM
w8ye

The MK I & MK II had the bolt on front bearing housing on the crankcase
Old 12-31-2008, 01:18 AM
SCORPIO_2727

Sorry no picture yet waiting on son to down load pictures. Without a photo I will try to describe the 46 engine. It has one piece crank case, round head, locking cotter for the carby is located in front of the carby, the muffler is in the same style as a old OS 45 FSR and the back cover plate has no relief for clearance for piston when at bottom dead center.The recess for the back plate is round. From the posts above this oboviouly not a Mark 1 or 2 ASP 46 and not having Squarish head rules out the S version. The connecting rod is apprx. 35 to 35.3mm long center to center and the Crank pin is 6MM in diameter with the gudgeon pin having a 5mm dia. So could it be the series 3 engine?
Now the ASP91 appears to be a later model having a squarish head, double lock nut on crank shaft, a one piece crank case, back plate has relief at the top for clearance for piston, Carby is retained in the crank case by two bolts with one either side and the muffler is a three piece affair with a baffle plate inside. Could this be a ASP S91 A2?
If any clues to the identy of these two motors it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:14 AM
w8ye

the 46 sure sounds like a series 3 which will be a dead ringer for a OS 46SF except for the way the carb is held in The 46 rod # is 40204

The 91 is the "S" model which is currently sold
This is the current 91 "S" version
The Rod part # S91204

There should be no problem for Just Engines to fix you up.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:33 PM
SCORPIO_2727

At last I can post a reply. Last night I could not. First up, many thanks to w8ye and Ken, particularly to w8ye who obviously knows model engines. My questions have been answered and now it's time to contact Just Engines before the Aussie dollar drops any further on the exchange rate. Example; an arf kit I ordered, au$236 but out of stock. New shipment arrived, new price au$436. I suppose I can always use Aussie dollars as lead weights to correct a c.g problem. Your assistance much appreciated. Many thanks from Glen down under. The best in the New Year to you all.