Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Thunder Tiger F-75s

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 02:24 PM
estradajae

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunder Tiger F-75s

Hello everyone!!

Since I'm a near-future owner of a TT F-75s, and since it will be my first 4-Stroke I want to make some "dumb" questions...

1. Which is a "normal" tank for this engine (volume and flight time).

2. What about coolpower on a 4 stroke? (it seems that here in germany where I live ist the thing you may get easily). I can buy here fuel with Aerosave and Aerosynth...but it cost too much a liter from the oil cost 20 Euros...and 5 liters of fuel cost a bunch....so I don't know what to think !!... Castor oil seems for the people here very old history... someone at the field said that he could gave methanol, in big quantities...but I cannot get castor oil...and for 20 Eu a liter of aerosave, would rather buy a gallon of coolpower for the same..

3. Propellers: I've already bought a Graupner 13x6, from the ones that look like an APC, I wanted to get the ones with the square tips, but they are discontinued.... and it seems impossible to get one, even though I live in the same town where the Graupner factory is located!!... you wouldn't believe how expensive are the APC propellers here (8 Euro for a 13x6)... does anyone have propeller tests?

4. As it ist proved that with some engine manufacturers may be a little "misleading" with breaking in procedures, and there are proved better ways to do that (for example I've tried Dar's running in method for ABC twice, with excelent results!).... does it exist a "better"way to run in the 4 strokers like mine??

The plane is going to be a SU-31 from Black horse, which seems to be the very same from Phoenix... anyone have this combo??

Thank you for looking at!!...

Cheers

Jorge
Old 04-29-2009, 03:03 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Thunder Tiger F-75s

The Graupner 13-6 will be fine

Use tanks just like with two stroke

Cool Power is bad news. You can get Castor oil at the pharmacy/chemist/drugstore to put in the Cool Power

Four stroke adjusts a lot like two strokes but will back fire and throw the prop if lean some times