I have a Saito 100 with my H-9 Corsair. It's my first Saito and I don't have kind words for this motor. Motor has between 15 - 20 tanks through it. It either dies at idle or the plane walks. The airfield I attend is filled with Saito user and each with their own set of advices. Glow plug is fine, fuel is Power Master 20/20, fresh can.
1. Prop: I started out with a 15 x8 prop, down to a 14 x 6 and and now a 13 x 6 still dies at idle or walks
2. Advised to taxi with glow attached and remove right before flight. Plane flew but on low speed pass dead sticked.
3. Advised to put weight on tail wheel, taxi and remove and fly. He said Saito's aren't to Taxi, Horizon even advises to put it on run way and fly it
4. Lower tank: Since motor is not pumped, fuel is syphoning into carb and choking it. Lower tank to resolve issue.
5. Install motor up right.. again because it is not pumped carb being choked.
6. On board glow
I've given this motor plenty of chances, this is over 6 weeks. Too much effort for one motor. So I'm done! I am going to get a YS. I know they can be fickle to tune, but two of my friends are expert tuners on YS, so I'm not worried.
Size wise the YS 110 is about the same, but I'm afraid it may have too much power for my Corsair. I've heard that the YS 63 has almost the same power at the 100.