richardgerardi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SK ENGINES and JB ENGINES

Does anyone have experience with these engines sold by Kangke USA. Thanks
Old 09-24-2009, 12:56 PM
Turk1

Default RE: SK ENGINES and JB ENGINES

Yes I am.They both are from same manufacturer.JBA series are latest generation engines and even JBA F series are best.But I think,Kangke still cant provide F type JBA s.
SK engines are mediocre power but very easy running,reliable good engines not screamers and parts are cheap.But JBA series are rather screamers and more powerful.F type are especially for 3 D having a new design carb.I sold my 5 SK 50 s and replace them with JBA 56 F s.Strongly recommend.Only problem may be SK carb o rings.Better you should care of those o rings before use.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:44 AM
richardgerardi

Thanks Turk. Will try one soon.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:19 PM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 2 SK .91s and a .50 and a JBA .56. All are good running engines. The SK engines are tuned for lower rpm and large props.

SK engines are also unusual in they are ringed, but have a taper bore like an ABC engine. As such, they should never be run in a rich 4-cycle. You break them in with short 2-cycle bursts. The .90s run well with a 15-6 prop. The .50 (actually a .525) likes a 12-5.

The JBA .56 is a strong engine. I have it and 2 OS .55AXs. They run even to a couple of hundred rpm difference on all the props I tested. The JBA does respond well to a Jett tuned muffler, whereas the OS does.
Old 12-25-2018, 04:03 PM
chogg
My Feedback: (1)

I had an sk50(52) on 46 size Sukoi. I loved it. I flew it into the ground, bent the crank, didn't realize the crank was bent. When I installed it on another plane and ran it a crack developed in the case from the bent crankshaft. I would certainly buy another one though . If I still had it I would buy another case, crankshaft, bearings and reassemble it cause I do that kind of stuff.