Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

K&B TORPEDO .45R/C carb part

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 02:55 PM
sledge_78
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K&B TORPEDO .45R/C carb part

I have a vintage K&B TORPEDO .45RC(green head). Can anyone tell me where I may find a carburetor part for this engine? I need a fuel inlet high speed needle valve body. The one on the engine is broken off, and it needs to be replaced. An extra needle valve could be used also. If anyone has one of these parts and wishes to sell it, or knows where I can purchase one, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Sledge_78
Old 10-18-2009, 06:59 PM
beppeVRCS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: K&B TORPEDO .45R/C carb part

If you plan to use the engine on a plane, however, my suggestion is to buy an O.S. 25LA carb and adjust the diameter to fit into the K&B.
It works perfectly (as a typical O.S. Carb), it idles nicely, has good transition, etc. A friend of mine with a lathe made the mod on the O.S. carb and I'm very pleased with it. It's even better (and less expensive) than a Perry carb (we tried both). You can also use a remote needle valve, if you want (FOX or O.S.).
If you still want the original Torpedo carb, write me at [email protected] .
Beppe