Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

Os Fs 1.20 4 Stroke Pumped With Choke

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Os Fs 1.20 4 Stroke Pumped With Choke

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2003, 05:30 PM
homeputer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Os Fs 1.20 4 Stroke Pumped With Choke

First I need to know how to hook up tank to engine, there is no in -out stamp on the pump,
next the engine runs at idle and mid range, but all the way opened up the engine stops,
with the pump is the reason you do not need pressure from the muffler because the return from the pump adds pressure to the tank.
I bougt the engine and lazy ace used and running perfect on lazy ace bipe,
now in a 1/4 size spacewalker, I must have not hooked it up right and now no flying with this plane, also I have a easy filler so need to know how that is plumbed into the fuel line's.
Thanks for any help Ray
Old 07-06-2003, 07:39 PM
Rudeboy

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Check this thread out: OS Surpass manual]
Old 07-06-2003, 09:29 PM
homeputer

Default oS fs 1.20 PUMPED WITH CHOKE

Thanks for the info, I have had the engine off the airplane and looked eerywhere with a mag. glass for the in out and could not find it. but this info will work out fine, Say do you have the addy for the supass manual? the 1983 one which is what I think I have, Again Thanks..Ray
Old 07-07-2003, 12:26 AM
homeputer

Default os fs 1.20 pumper

HOW DO i HOOK UP THE EASY FILER, to the vent, if I would use the vent for the tank there would be no vent, so would it go to the return from the engine??..Thanks..Ray
Old 07-07-2003, 12:52 AM
Rudeboy

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

The return line from the pump to the tank would be most advisable in my opinion... however, that pump pumps a lot of fuel. I really have no idea how much at full throttle, but it is a lot. And I don't know if that "easy fueler" is able to pass enough fuel in this application.

But then again, I could be completely wrong, and have you worrying about nothing.
So my advice is to hook everything up like it would be in the plane, run the engine, and see if all the fuel lines stay put. It is a gear pump, and they can develop quite some pressure...

What do you mean about the "addy"? Are you talking about an extra note included with the engine telling you how to re-adjust the pump?
Such a note was included with my engine. The note was actually supplied by Graupner, in German (my engine came from Germany).
In my original OS manual it states to keep your hands off that regulator screw, because you will never get it right again. Now that might be a little over the top, but still, I left it the way it was. I had a lot less experience with engines back then (this was my first four stroke engine). I'm pretty convinced I could dial that regulator in with the experience I have now, but I just never had to.

Anyway, the "addy" I have wouldn't be much good to you, because it is in German... unless you happen to know German of course...

Oh, one last thing, my engine is only about 12 or 13 years old, not 20 like yours, so I don't know if OS made some changes to the design during that time. If it turns out I have misinformed you in any way because of this... I apologise here and now...