Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Saito 45 Case

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 02:58 AM
mundo330
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saito 45 Case

I have an older Saito 45 I had loaned to my Dad. He crashed it and broke the case lug clean off, leaving holes in the case. Does anyone know of any place to get NOS cases. I always loved this little engine and flew many trainers on it in the early 80s. Maybe someone has a trashed 45 with a good case they would like to part with???
Old 12-11-2009, 11:15 AM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Saito 45 Case

Here is the link for the .45 special http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...odID=SAI45S15C

I should know for sure if this is what you need, but I can't remember right now. I'm sure W8YE will let us know.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:25 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

the 45 Special looks more like a current production Saito engine.

A possible difference may be the size of the cam box. If there is a problem, you will need a cam box cover for the 45 Special or a 50

The 45 special had the high lift cam?

The other difference between a 45 MK I or II and the 45S is how the carb is attached to the back plate. There is a single crossways screw on the MK I & II whereas the 45S has two screws like current production.

Old 12-11-2009, 04:05 PM
donkey doctor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello; I replaced a broken lugged engine case (45 mk 11) with a 40 case that I bought at Webster;s in Seattle. That engine went on for years after that, I still have it. I likely still have the broken beam case around here somewhere I would try a 50 case if I could find one cheap enough. I have luck with interchanging parts, all the main dimensions are the same (maybe not all). I have 4 45's, fine engine!