Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

GP Giles / OS 1.60 / VP-30 / Bisson Pitts Install Pics

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

GP Giles / OS 1.60 / VP-30 / Bisson Pitts Install Pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2003, 01:47 PM
visioneer_one
My Feedback: (506)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GP Giles / OS 1.60 / VP-30 / Bisson Pitts Install Pics

Here are some more pics of my (finalized & flying) OS 1.60 / VP-30 / Bisson Pitts combo.

maiden flight was last weekend. I ran a Zinger 18x6 prop and Red Max 5% nitro / 20% synth oil fuel for the first flight. Fueled up, fired up and took off. It performed well, but went rich and died unexpectedly when I went to WOT. The resulting off-field landing caused minor damage to the wheelpants and landing gear.

(I'd set the needle at home the day before - I tuned the engine so it ran consistently a little on the rich side. Problem is that I live on a mountain - there's a 1,000 foot altitude difference between my house and the field. Oops!)

Repaired the damage and flew it again this weekend. This time I switched to an APC 16x8 prop and leaned the main needle slightly. I also added one ounce of Klotz castor to my existing gallon of Red Max - just to assist in the removal of heat during the breakin process.

The engine ran great! I still have the engine set a little on the rich side (with a nice smoke trail), but there was plenty of power available.
Old 07-07-2003, 05:42 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default GP Giles / OS 1.60 / VP-30 / Bisson Pitts Install Pics

Isn't the little hole in the pump supposed to be facing down? Mine is installed in the opposite direction.
Old 07-07-2003, 06:53 PM
visioneer_one
My Feedback: (506)

Default pump vent

The instructions recommend that the pump be mounted with the vent hole facing down, but for space reasons I had to mount it this way. It is working fine so far.
Old 11-02-2003, 12:21 PM
unit 2

Default RE: pump vent

Getting ready to order vp-30 for 91-fx, just wanted to ask what you thought of yours. Also do you think they would work an a 46-fx ok.