Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Ya
    Last edited by Cashpoboy; 04-18-2014 at 09:59 AM.
    \'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\' \'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'Fortunately, I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\ '\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by speed lover View Post
    My faves (so far) are my little WEST .25 and my PROFI .76 also my IRVINE .72 is pretty sweet running too. But to look at the Fitzpatrick just awesome.

No doubt Fitzpatrick is a beauty. What a work of art. Wow!
    \'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\' \'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'Fortunately, I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\ '\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Forster .29 (converted from ignition to glow)
    Ohlsson and Rice .29 blue head
    K&B .049
    McCoy .049 diesel
    Fox .35
    Fox .15
    Fox .35 Rocket Redhead (with Johnson Automix throttle glued on with 24-hr epoxy)
    Fox .35 combat special
    Fox .45
    Fox Hawk .60
    Fox Eagle .60
    Enya .60
    Veco .61
    OS.91 FX
    OS 1.60 FX
    NORTHEAST R/C MODEL CLUB
    http://www.nrcmc.org/

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    So far, Irvines, Kraft 61, OSessesses, Thunder Tigers and the rotary valve Testors .049. Thought I should give an update over 4 more years of experience.
    Club Saito # 677-Team Boca Bearings-Star Collectibles Muscatine-Glowhead Brotherhood #19

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    My first - a McCoy .049 diesel on a Firebaby. Given to a pen pal in England, when I enlisted in the AF at 17. Fred was a master machinist, and promptly made a proper countra piston for the McCoy. Said it was the hottest diesel he had ever seen at the time (1954).

Enya .40TV (used). Learned to fly R/C with that engine, and it was still running great when I dug the last hole, or plowed the last trench with my trainer. Liked it so much I bought a new one, and flew it a half dozen times on a Rat Scat 40, until the aileron servo stripped a gear in knife edge flight at full throttle! Still have both engines, and another airplane set up for the new one, but only flown a few flights.

OS 46SF. Bought new, and installed on a Kadet Senior that I flew for ten years, and well over a hundred flights! It still ran great when a test payload shifted in flight, and blocked the elevator servo! Bought another new 46SF, and flew it for a while before hanging up my R/C airplanes for good. Still have both engines.

Fox 40 ABC Deluxe. The only R/C engine I always hand started, because it would consistently start on the first flip.

Bill
    BadAir

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I love engines that start with one flip. Of my collection, most of my 2-strokes start with one flip on a good wet prime. The 4-strokes... Not so much.
    GlowHead Brotherhood #3
    Using Dynamite, Enya, Fox, Jett, K&B, SH, Super Tigre, Thunder Tiger, and Traxxas engines.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I've been flying since the 50s. Here's my list of favorite glow 2 stroke engines

Fox .35 stunt
    Tom C

Sig Brotherhood # 120
    Kadet Brotherhood #155

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Back in the late 50's I had a Fox 35 that was on a Ringmaster, and it was an absolutely wonderful engine. It liked "Missile Mist" and a 10-6 prop.....
    Later favorites are a Fox bushing 40 that was hell to break in, but pulled a Sweet Stick well. A Picco 45, ST 60, OS 15, 20, 40 FP, 40 FSR, and any Enya I ever owned. I'm working with a Fox 74 that I have had for 20 years but never ran.... it is starting to become that "old pair of shoes" that feel real comfortable, and is headed towards that "favorite" list.
    Clarke

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Fox used to make a Perry carb adapter that they used on the old Tower Hobbies 60 engines they sold at the time.
    I had one of those and it never ran right. Ran good on a stock Fox carb though.
    Glow Head Brotherhood #15

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by TomCrump View Post
    I've been flying since the 50s. Here's my list of favorite glow 2 stroke engines

Fox .35 stunt
    A one flipper for sure. But not much power, though very light for its size and power. Also tended to overheat if you did not run it at or close to a four stroke mixture.
    Glow Head Brotherhood #15

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I had my Fox in a Veco Smoothie. It ran at the 4 stroke mixture until I raised the nose. I enjoyed that feature.

These days, I have moved from CL to RC, and I prefer Four Strokes, in glow. Thats why my two stroke list is so short.
    Tom C

Sig Brotherhood # 120
    Kadet Brotherhood #155

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    My favourite engines have shifted a bit over time, and each era has its own favourites, depending on the application. A few favourites would include;

Veco .19BB RC
    Cox Conquest .15 RC
    Norvel .049, .061, .074 and .15
    MVVS .15
    Super Tigre X.11 2BB RC (not the older blue head ones...)
    Enya 09, CX11 and SS15 (true ABC)
    Last edited by Mr Cox; 04-25-2014 at 08:11 AM.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Tom... I too had a Smoothie, but ran a McCoy 35 in it, that I still have. When I went RC in the late 70's I shelved all the control line stuff. I went RC 4 stroke for a while, electric doesn't make enough good noises for me, so I'm digging out the two strokes again. I'm discovering many changes in this hobby, the most apparent are ARF's and lack of kits. Just dug out another couple of engines I'd forgotten about.... two old Rossi's.
    Clarke

Have a lot of engines. I fly Picco .40, Tigershark .40, Jett .46, Rossi .45 and O.S. FS .60. and .90 currently. Used to run MVVS .40, great engine til I broke it. Of the ones I haven't run, I like the Fitzpatrick .61, HGK .15, Ross inline twin, HP inline twin, G-mark .30 twin, Monza .40 and the pfeffer .036.

Max

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Enya, Moki & SuperTiger 2 cycle engines are my favorite. O.S. Max & Thundertiger are ok too. I like Saito & Enya 4 strokes engines even better.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    My first glo engine was an OK Cub .049 Kit bought in 1950, though it was hardly my alltime favorite. At that time it was sold as a set of parts from which the engine could be assembled and cost about $1.00 less than the assembled version.

Thru my CL years my favorite is probably the long shaft, rear inlet Fox .59 which I flew on a Super Duper Zilch. Next was the venerable Fox .35 Stunt which I flew on the Kenhi Bobcat, Wildcat, and Panther, as well as numerous Ringmasters.

From my RC days my alltime favorite is the ST Bluehead ABC which I flew on a Super Kaos and later on a Curare. There is just something about the sound of a piped Bluehead that still gives me the same chills as that of a Merlin in a Spitfire or P51. Runnerup here is the OS 61 FSR ABC. With reference to some of the above discussion, the FSR was not a true ABC. Believe me, I have replaced enough piston/liner sets to know whereof I speak. I still own one which is now fitted with a real ABC liner from Speed Specialties, now somewhat of a rarity.
    Gary

\"With enough power, a brick\'ll fly just fine\" ... Anon.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I flew an old Balsa USA Smoothie today.
    The ultimate responsibility of pilots is to fulfill the dreams of the countless millions who can only stare skyward...and wish.

"It's a new day for Auburn" - Gus Malzahn

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by blw View Post
    I've been tempted to build one, and finish it in the white, with metallic maroon trim scheme of my old control line version.

How do you like the way that yours flys ?
    Tom C

Sig Brotherhood # 120
    Kadet Brotherhood #155

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    W8YE bought it at a swap meet. We think it was built in the 90's. I recovered it and it flies well. I always liked the looks. Unfortunately, my Evo .45 TPS sits too high and has trouble drawing fuel past half a tank. I have the old ASP 40 that came on it and I may change out engines, or retire it.
    The ultimate responsibility of pilots is to fulfill the dreams of the countless millions who can only stare skyward...and wish.

"It's a new day for Auburn" - Gus Malzahn

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Rossi 15 Mk2.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    My favorite 2 stroke is my old SuperTigre ST60 that I got back in about 1983, hands down. Just a jewel of an engine... not the most powerful, but the most well mannered, reliable engine ever. I'd bet I've got over 100 gallons of fuel through that engine, and it's still all original except for the spraybar/needle valve in the carb. Hangar rash claimed the original needle. It's still flying now, in it's 3rd airframe, in a SlowPoke 40.

Close second would be my SuperTigre S61K Ring... almost as good as the old ST60.

Next would have to be my very first engine, an Enya 19TV (model4006).

I used to have an OS FSR 60 that I sold mounted to an airplane... I still regret selling that engine... all it needed was a new set of bearings. UGH... why did I do that???

Worst engine I ever had was an OS FP40... guaranteed flameout every time... would run great on the ground, run out the whole tankful of fuel, then refuel and it would flame out in the air every single time. Never could get that engine to run right. It got sent to Indy RC in their trade-in program (who remembers that deal?) for a new OS 46SF ABC. Another good engine.

I've got a bunch of engines I've acquired my 30 some years of flying R/C, but those are the notable 2 strokes.
    Brian

>>>The Sky is not the Limit....The Ground is!<<<

Club Saito member #605

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    An OS40FP that doesn't fun well is very rare in my opinion.
    Club Saito # 677-Team Boca Bearings-Star Collectibles Muscatine-Glowhead Brotherhood #19

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by JNorton View Post
    I could not agree more. I own four and not a dog in the bunch.
    John
    I agree also. I bought a Tiger Pro .46 for my Grandson...one GREAT engine!
    I never met a engine I did not like !

http://www.lambertsrc.com/

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by blw View Post
    I had a Smoothie & it really flew nice! Capt,n
    I never met a engine I did not like !

http://www.lambertsrc.com/

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffie8696 View Post
    An OS40FP that doesn't fun well is very rare in my opinion.
    Yes. I had one of the lemons... hopefully they made it into something useful, like a beer can.

I've got 1 of each of the FP series... they are all great engines... except for that one.
    Brian

>>>The Sky is not the Limit....The Ground is!<<<

Club Saito member #605

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast