Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Enya .60 Mk III

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 09:42 AM
RCDENT
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Enya .60 Mk III

I'm running an Enya .60 on a vintage R/C plane and I love the engine! Only problem, it seems to slobber fuel and oil on the front of the plane much more than modern engines. Someone suggested that it is because the engine uses a non-shielded front bearing and that the bearing could be replaced with a "sealed" or "shielded" type from a bearing supply house. Is this reasonable? Can such a bearing be obtained from MRC?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Dewey Newbold
San Antonio, TX
Old 07-14-2003, 02:01 PM
ENYA SUPPORT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Enya .60 Mk III

It is possible that the bearings do need to be replaced. You can get the new bearings from us, and typically they still have the "seal" in place. Sometimes the "sheild" on the inside of the front bearing is removed to allow oil to get to that bearing.
Old 07-14-2003, 05:47 PM
RCDENT

Default Enya .60 Mk III

Thanks for the info. The engine is nearly new, having been purchased "N.O.S." on Ebay and just broken in. Maybe the problem is not related to the shield or seal? Are the bearings sold by MRC now different that what originally came on the engine?

Thanks again,

Dewy Newbold
Old 07-16-2003, 12:21 PM
ENYA SUPPORT

Default Enya .60 Mk III

I have replaced bearings in these engines before, the bearings do come with the "seal" on them. I would then take it off so that oil could get to the bearing. I've had engines leak from the front housing before, I would then tighen the prop nut just a bit more, and the leak would go away. Just make sure you are getting the crankshaft pulled fully against the back bearing.
Old 07-17-2003, 10:12 AM
RCDENT

Default Enya .60 Mk III

Thanks for all your info. These really are wonderful engines. They still seem to idle and transition nicer than many of today's offerings. How about making a limited run of them as a "Classic" or "Heritage Edition"? Make a few updates like socket head screws instead of Phillips and add something like a gold colored cyl head to make the appearance distinctive. I bet you would sell some! They seem to bring about $100 on Ebay in new or near new condition.
Old 07-17-2003, 04:30 PM
ENYA SUPPORT

Default Enya .60 Mk III

Believe me, I have been asking for a .60 from Enya but to no avail. I believe that if we were to re-introduce the Enya .60, we wouldn't be able to keep them in stock. As a matter of fact, I'm going to do a post and survey how many people wold like to see an Enya .60 again. We'll see what happens.