Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

First OS Wankel Engine manual (Side Inlet Port)

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

First OS Wankel Engine manual (Side Inlet Port)

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 01:07 PM
Nikolas K

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First OS Wankel Engine manual (Side Inlet Port)

Hello!

I am sorry if there have been already other similar posts for old manuals, but I would like to ask if any one from you guys here has the instructions manual for the first OS Wankel, the Side Inlet Ported one from the late 60's and if yes please send it or post it here.
Thank you in advance.

Nikolas
Old 06-23-2010, 07:32 PM
Stuntpilot51

Default RE: First OS Wankel Engine manual (Side Inlet Port)

It should be the one at the second from the bottom of this page,

http://www.osengines.com/manuals/index.html
Old 06-25-2010, 03:20 AM
Nikolas K

ORIGINAL: Stuntpilot51

Not exactly. The second one from the end is the PI Type I. I want the manual for the older one, the Side Inlet ported. Like the one in the photo.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ay75511.jpg
Views:	2009
Size:	240.8 KB
ID:	1458118  
Old 06-25-2010, 11:44 AM
Motorboy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Nikolas K

Not exactly. The second one from the end is the PI Type I. I want the manual for the older one, the Side Inlet ported. Like the one in the photo.
To handle and use the Wankel engine are not difference between older and newer Wankel engine. To a older Wankel engine you need 20% castor oil in fuel and 10-15% nitro and a glow plug OS "R" ( "R" not in production, try OS "F" 4 stroke engine glow plug, in the last newest engine are using OS "F" glow plug).
See this link of my Wankel engines: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_59..._1/key_/tm.htm
Old 06-25-2010, 02:24 PM
Stuntpilot51

It took me awhile to see the slight difference in the intake port. I wonder why this is'nt listed in the O.S. manufacturing timeline.

Maybe because it's a Graupner/O.S.

I did find this though, holy crap that thing is worth some bucks.

http://www.christies.com/LotFinder/l...jectID=4223392
Old 06-26-2010, 01:13 AM
Radial power

...I wonder why this is'nt listed in the O.S. manufacturing timeline. ...
Actually, It is listed in the OS manufacturing timeline. Go to the year 1970 and there it is.

Radial.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:52 AM
longdan

I did find this though, holy crap that thing is worth some bucks.
That auction is for 4 engines in total. I doubt very much that the wankel by itself would be worth that, given that you can buy a brand new one without the inherent cooling problems of the original, and get a warranty and parts support for about US$450.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:03 AM
Stuntpilot51

ORIGINAL: Radial power

Actually, It is listed in the OS manufacturing timeline. Go to the year 1970 and there it is.

Radial.

If you notice the carb is mounted slightly forward of the main case, as Nicholas says, his is a slightly a different engine. I mentioned that in my first post.

Longdan,
I missed the others in the description.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:09 PM
Radial power

Radial.

If you notice the carb is mounted slightly forward of the main case, as Nicholas says, his is a slightly a different engine. I mentioned that in my first post.
Maybe I'm blind, but to me this looks identical to the photo by Nikolas K. The carb looks exactly the same to me...

Radial.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:05 PM
Motorboy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Radial.

Maybe I'm blind, but to me this looks identical to the photo by Nikolas K. The carb looks exactly the same to me...

Radial.
The oldest Wankel engine has inlet port at the front wall. Better to buy the last version of the Wankel engine (The newest wankel engine in production) since the engine are more powerful and will go well with syntetic oil as older engine was not designed to run at syntetic oil, not all fuel with pure castor oil + 10-15% nitro are available in hobby dealer. The other are the glowplug, the plug who are designed for 4 stroke engine will works well in the Wankel engine. Cause are difference compression ratio. The older glow plug "R" was hotter than glow plug "F" and will works in older Wankel engine. Now the "R" plug are out of production, the alternative are glow plug "F" and battery connected to engine when the engine are idling (in case the "F" are unseful in older Wankel engine). The spare parts for older engine are out of production, then the older engine will be a letter press or displayed in a glass clock.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:40 PM
Radial power

I know how the peripherial inlet OS wankels look like: I own a PI type I that I'm building a plane for.

The photo I posted, on the other hand, is of the very first type, the one with side induction.

I was only trying to prove that the very first type is indeed listed in the OS manufacturing timeline. That's it

Radial.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:03 PM
Nikolas K

Radial Power is correct. The engine listed in the OS manufacturing gallery is the same with the engine on the photo I posted. It couldn't be different:
OS has manufactured 3 types of Wankel. One, the first, was the one you see in the photos, manufactured from 1970 till 1981. Next was the PI Type I, which was manufactured from 1981 till 2007 and the third one, the last generation, is the PI Type II, manufactured from 2007, which continues to be manufactured.

However, the manual I want is for the first one. Anyways, I communicated with OS Japan and they sent it to me!