Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Blue Bird .46 engine???

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 08:11 AM
-*GUNXTM*-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blue Bird .46 engine???

Hi I have a Blue Bird .46 rc plane engine, can't seem to find any info on the engine, was hoping some one here may know something abot them, from what I can gather they were built also under the name (BRATENGINES) Cheers.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:00 AM
modeltronics
My Feedback: (27)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Blue Bird .46 engine???

What would you like to know? It is a nice sport engine. More of a RPM engine than a torque engine. Carb can be a little problem but can be made to work.

Pete
Old 07-31-2010, 12:22 PM
downunder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the .28 and .51 Bluebirds, both bought new off Ebay. The 21, 28 and 46 are all AAC while the 51 is ABC. IMO both of mine are very well made engines and very easy handling. I haven't had any carb problems with either of them. The owner of my LHS told me that the Bluebirds were the only engines he used when they were available here in Oz and he had the pick of anything in the shop. You're correct that they were also sold as Brat in America but I have no idea why they had to be renamed. My .28 came in the original box with instructions and their running in procedure is completely different to what's usually suggested for that type of engine, rich, rich, rich . Sorry Dar....wherever you are .
Old 07-31-2010, 11:46 PM
-*GUNXTM*-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info guys, it has great comp and is in nice condition, i'm not a plane man so I have no use for it, just nice to know a little about it, is up for sale if interested, comes with bech stand and prop make an offer.