RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Glow Engines (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/glow-engines-114/)
-   -   Help with webra TN carb (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/glow-engines-114/10910549-help-webra-tn-carb.html)

cremation101 01-15-2012 04:49 PM

Help with webra TN carb

1 Attachment(s)
I got this webra speed 50 and it runs great. I just cant figure out how the carb barrel is supposed to close so the engine will stop . Instead of having to pinch or pull the fuel line. It will run about 4k for a moment then load up a bit down to just over 3k.

What is the third screw with a spring under it for?

cremation101 01-15-2012 04:51 PM

RE: Help with webra TN carb

Oops, I dindnt mean to put the same pic three times.

Any one have an idea?

Hobbsy 01-15-2012 05:29 PM

That is the speed adjustment screw and appears to be screwed in too far. Back it out whiel putting a little pressure on the throttle and watch the barrel close. It should be less than 1/32nd" open at idle.

jaka 01-16-2012 08:09 AM

Hi!
It's not the speed adjustment screw!

You have the older typ of TN carb and the small screw adjusts the throttle drum position. You must turn it out so you can close the throttle drum with the throttle servo. Simple as that!;)

Mr Cox 01-16-2012 08:37 AM

I think you are both referring to the same thing, i.e. the "idle speed" or "throttle stop" screw...

The screw needs to come out a bit.

Hobbsy 01-16-2012 11:21 AM

Jan, you just did a repeat of what I said, when you change how far the barrel goes closed you change the idle speed. Simple as that.

cremation101 01-16-2012 03:28 PM

Thank you, gentlemen. I went and tried it after reading. It's working good now. Don't have time to go and run it but i got the barrel closed by turning the screw with a spring out a little. :)

Dauntae 01-17-2012 02:52 AM

I've got that exact same engine and that same carb on it too, Also have that carb on a speed 60 and they run well. Neither of the Webra's like any nitro however (they tend to over heat with nitro) I run them on FIA fuel (0% nitro) and they run great on it and it's much cheaper than the other fuel too. Have fun with that Webra, I love these engines. Need to find a good airframe for the 50 though.

Dauntae

jaka 01-17-2012 08:47 AM

Hi!
Webra engines can of course be run on nitro fuel! 5% nitro is just perfect! But of course they run nearly as good on 80/20 fuel (FAI fuel).

NM2K 01-17-2012 03:50 PM

I have to pull my older Webra .50 GT out and look at it. It has a TN carb, but which model is a good question. No more Dynamess carbs for me. Once was too many.

A while back I said I wish I had a Webra .32 (right now). I did have two Webra .32, but both were NIB and both were sold to customers. So, I wasn't lying. I did "have" them, but they were just passing through.

Ed Cregger