RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Glow Engines (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/glow-engines-114/)
-   -   Are Laser engines in UK out of business? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/glow-engines-114/8901152-laser-engines-uk-out-business.html)

NorwayRC 07-02-2009 01:19 PM

Are Laser engines in UK out of business?

Tried to open Laser engine's home page. All I got was this message:

This Account Has Been Suspended
Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible.

See link:
http://www.laserengines.com/

Hope this is just temporarily :(

carrellh 07-02-2009 01:38 PM

RE: Are Laser engines in UK out of business?

It might only mean they forgot to renew their domain name.

David Bathe 07-02-2009 01:40 PM

Yeap, they've definately forgotten to pay! It's happened to me!

NorwayRC 07-02-2009 02:04 PM

Sure hope you are right!
They should not scare their customers like this :)

Hobbsy 07-05-2009 08:38 PM

http://www.laserengines.com/uk.htm

w8ye 07-05-2009 08:39 PM

Apparently they paid their internet bill?

Hobbsy 07-05-2009 08:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes it does. This one is a real jewell and is on a Kombat 60 with the 60 inch wing option.

mike109 07-20-2009 08:51 AM

G'day Dave. What size is your Laser? Or do you have several. I was in the UK a couple of weeks ago (been away for about 5 weeks) and tried to buy one from the web site but as someone has pointed out, the site was off the air for a few days. When I came back to Australia I ordered a 100 which should turn up any day now. After visiting the UK I just had to have a real UK engine and with the fall in the UK pound relative to the AU$, the Laser 100 is now about the same price as a Saito 100 here so I figured it was a good time to buy.

Do you run any nitro in yours. I gather they run find without any and if this is the case, I will run FAI fuel in mine as it will not be used on a regular basis.

On a side issue, I bought an Irvine 40D from a certain auction site yesterday. It is said to have had only two short runs and will need running in. Do you have an Irvine 40D (an original diesel not a conversion) in your excellent stable?

Bye for now

Mike in Oz

Hobbsy 07-20-2009 09:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Mike, the Laser pictured is a .70, I run it on Fox 5% fuel with 20% 50/50 syn/castor blend. I do indeed have an Irvine 40 Diesel as well as a Q40. The Diesel and the Q have a few thousandths inch smaller bore than the standard 40 but have the .46 crank. AMB also has at least one 40D.
PS, I used to have a Laser 1.80 V-twin but sold it last year, it howled like a Chevy V8 when at full song.

The 40D is wearing an MVVS 3245 muffler I got from Dar. The prop is louder than the exhaust.

mike109 07-20-2009 07:54 PM

Thanks Dave. I think my Laser 100 will end up in a TopFlight Cessna 182. Not sure where the 40D will go just yet. I am building a Sig Something Extra. I wondered if it would be OK for that. I am not going to fly it violently (I can't) but just putter around.

Mike

AMB 07-20-2009 09:04 PM

Yup guys have 5 Irvine 40Ds and a Q 40, 3 or 4 are wearing Davis heads but thats all on Diesel site for those who want to check it out martin

NEVER GOT THE BUCKS UP FOR THE LASER A JEWEL OF A 4 STRK I guess what I have spent on my Saitos a 40, 3 56s, and a 72 and a few ASP 52s and a 1.2 would have more than covered it

mike109 07-20-2009 10:07 PM

G'day AMB The Lasers used to be very expensive here in Oz but thanks to our dollar rising against the pound, the 100 is about the same price here as a Saito 100. I have a Saito 100 and it is a great engine but I bought the Laser as I like to try different engines and a friend has a Laser 150 in a quarter scale Tiger Moth and loves it. I had no need for a larger engine than the 100 and I figured it would be a good fit for my Cessna. Time will tell.

Cheers

Mike

DarZeelon 07-21-2009 12:42 AM

As Jim noted, the web-site is apparently up again and fully functional.

Martin, please read the comment on the first page...

The recent devaluation of the British Sterling has resulted in a marked price reduction of Laser engines...

It may be a good time for you to get your own Nikasilâ„¢ Laser engine, on which the prop makes more noise than the engine, for about the price of a Saito.

In the long run it should cost less to use, because it will readily run on 85/15% mix of methanol and a good synthetic lube.
No nitro is needed and no more that 12% is allowed.

Contact Neil Tidey ( [email protected] ).

fiery 07-21-2009 02:09 AM

My 300V runs inverted in a GP "Patty Wagstaff" Extra. While no 3D machine, it hauls with authority.

No nitro, just 85meth/15synth (motul micro). Plenty of lube - valve covers are always full of oil (well, it is inverted :eek: )

OBG managed by a McDaniels unit and 4.8 volt NmHi pack. Prop is a Wooden Xoar, 22 x 8.

32Oz tank with twin pick ups.

No pumps, regulators etc ... runs fine.

And then there is the noise .... it sounds soooo sweet taxying out to the strip.

I must post a pic one day.

Dynamo 11-25-2017 05:03 AM

I just visited their web site intending to place an order but every engine they have is listed as "Out of Stock". I have half a dozen of their engines and they are truly excellent engines.

Acetronics 10-10-2019 12:12 PM

Hi,
for two days, no way to reach their site.
Has someone any Info ???

Alain

the pope 10-13-2019 06:08 PM

https://www.modelflying.co.uk/forums...th=132459&p=54

Jesse Open 10-17-2019 05:24 PM

Tired of waiting. Will have to order an ASP.:)

Jesse Open 10-29-2019 02:03 AM

Looks like good news, the Laser website is back up and running.