Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Jetco Models

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Jetco Models

I found this inside the box of another old kit. Notice the prospected date of production for each kit. Some were not done in 1958.

And, they did not always make aircraft

Wm.
    Thousands of Laser Cut parts, thousands
    And plans too

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Jetco Models

I know that they never did the Cessna 310, but I'm pretty sure that everything else shown was produced. Their kits wern't great but they really did do interesting designs. The PT-19 was one of my most successful ships in the late 60's.I'd love to find another Satellite Saucer. It was origionally presented as a Mechanix illustrated plan and was so popular thet they kitted it. It wasn't fantastic at anything but it was interesting and fun to fly as a kid.
    dennis

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I built a Sabre Stunt when I was 12 yrs old. I have a NIB one now. Terrible kit by today's standards. The plywood looked like three ply mahogany. It was quite a project for my age at the time. When I was about 9 or 10 I built a number of Jetco Hawk's, a rubber powered free flight model.

Those were certainly the days!
    TonyF - Team Horizon, Team BJ Craft, Team Contra Drive, Neu Motors
    2010,2009 US Masters Champion,2011 Masters Also-Ran

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dennis:

I do not remember the Cessna 310 hitting the local stores either.

Wm.
    And plans too

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok guys and gals....here is the Piper Super Cruizer....I want to see the others in the advertisement! I personally would like to see built "Jetco" models....please.

Steve

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just sold a Sabre Stunt kit at a Stunt contest a couple of weeks ago. My Dad was big into Shark 45's He had two of them. I'll find some pictures here eventually,
    Chris...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi CBL,
    Good old Jetco!
    Years ago I built a Thermic 50X, a Thermic C and a Trooper!! Got a Thermic 72, Thermic 36 and another Trooper NIB just waitin!! I remember the PT-19 by Chuck Hollinger in the model mags when I was a kid!! Back in the late 80's early 90's I was flyin' in So Cal New Port Bch area and one day at the Estancia Bluffs some guy namded "Chuck" came out and was doin some flyin' with us. One thing led to another and I got to thinkin' so I asked,"Are you Chuck Hollinger??" "Yeah, that's me!!" Chuck also became a member of our "So. Cal Electric Flyers" Club. We flew a lot at Mile Square park (before it became a Golf Course!!) in the morning before the gas guys started up and also at Estancia Chuck said he still had the opriginal PT-19 hung up in his garage!! I moved from So cal to NC in 96 and lost track of a lot of my old flyin' buds. Sure miss those daze, some great flyin' and great people!!

Blue skyz,
    skybill-out AMA-87838

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I cut my teeth on Jetco kits and they have a special place in my memories. My third "paper covered model" was the Jetco Falcon that I built when I was 6. I built all the structure myself, but had to have "some help" on the covering. The only covering I put on by myself was the top of the fuselage, and even in my 6 year old mind I didn't think that it came out very well. Ah, memories!

If anyone happens to have an extra Jetco Luscombe Silvaire kit in their collection that they'd part with, please let me know. I do have the Keil Kraft Luscombe kit (which I believe is the same as the Jetco kit), but I'd really like to find one of the actual Jetco Silvaires.
    "Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away."

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I know most of those kits, plus others in the Jetco line, were available. I remember seeing someone with a built-up Jetco Mooney Mite showing up at the old field around 1963. People thought it was going to be overpowered with a Max .30 RC, but he was an expirementor, liked to play around. The plane was filled with all kinds of electronics to try to get what was then called Kickin' Duck, a psuedoname for Kick Induction. Used a bunch of relays and other circuitry to get independant operation of rudder, elevator, and throttle from the pulse proportional single channel we played with back then. He also had played around to get ailerons on a CAR (Coupled Aileron-Rudder) set-up. Small plane, big engine, never saw it fly. Too heavy for the small wing.

Did see a number of their CL and FF planes fly.

I still have a couple flyable Jetco planes, and a number of NIB Jetco kits. One is a small all wood profile 19" ws bipe, called either the Hornet, Yellowjacket, or Dragonfly, not sure right now, overpowered with a Co .010, an Eaglet embryo rubber, and a Top Kick A-1 Towline glider. Had an opportunity to meet the designer while in the AF. In kits, have the Talon A-2 glider, Tornado 1/2A free flight, and a couple more rubber power kits.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: 50+AirYears

I know most of those kits, and a Top Kick A-1 Towline glider. Had an opportunity to meet the designer while in the AF. In kits, have the Talon A-2 glider, Tornado 1/2A free flight, and a couple more rubber power kits.

Neighbor on south side of my place had one of the Top Kick by Jetco. He somehow got a radio inside it and we then walked to park to try it out. Was fellow there with the Talon awaiting us to show up. I took my Mini-Mambo and it fired right off and flew while they were awaiting wind to come up. We began at 3 PM and were done by about 5PM, and the wind did not come up until about 6:30PM that night. Never ever saw the other two fly.

Wm.
    And plans too

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

For Silvaire above:

Please note: I saw a Luscombe Silvaire kit for sale on eBay this past weekend, with a high reserve, I remembered your request, sorry to be late, however it was a No Sale. Its eBay # was 370449430571, you may want to check it out, & see if it was relisted for sale. Best regards, & Happy thanksgiving to Everyone from Glendale, Arizona,

Joe Nagy.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I was impressed, and a little startled back when I was trimming my Top Kick. I got the last little adjustment in place, gave it a toss from shoulder height, and thought I was going to be shown why one should always set the dethermalizer timer, or light the fuse, on these things even on test glides. It did one complete circle, and passed almot 6' above my head. I apparently launched into the tail end of a small thermal that had just broken free of the ground. Luckily, it only traveled about another half circle before dropping out and coming down. Thought I was going to lose it. I almost never seem to launch into lift at a contest.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Joe Nagy

For Silvaire above:

Please note: I saw a Luscombe Silvaire kit for sale on eBay this past weekend, with a high reserve, I remembered your request, sorry to be late, however it was a No Sale. Its eBay # was 370449430571, you may want to check it out, & see if it was relisted for sale. Best regards, & Happy thanksgiving to Everyone from Glendale, Arizona,

Joe Nagy.
    Thanks for mentioning this Joe. That kit is the fine Pat Trittle designed Luscombe kitted by Dare, and like all of his designs that I know about, it is a fine flier. It is still in production too.

Of course I have a couple of the Dare kits - as well as one of every other Luscombe Silvaire kit that I have ever been able to find.

The Jetco Luscombe is one of the few holes left in my Luscombe kit collecting quest. Another one I am looking for is the 1/5 scale kit once offered by JMD Models.
    "Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away."

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

There was a 1/5th scale Luscombe? That would be sweet! Do you know how accurate it was?

Jim

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: buzzard bait

There was a 1/5th scale Luscombe? That would be sweet! Do you know how accurate it was?

Jim
    JMD Models made a 1/4, 1/5 and a small electric Luscombe Kit. (I've got the 1/4 scale kit and the small electric one.) JMD also made some beautiful Globe Swift kits. The larger kits were a partial kit that included a fiberglass fuselage, cowl and wheel pants, a formed windshield, balsa wing ribs, landing gear, and some small stuff. The owner of the company, Jack Dunkle, owns (or did own) a full scale Luscombe. The work in his kits was beautiful and they were quite accurate.

JMD stopped offering any airplane kits long ago and concentrated on only making exquisite scale bodies and gear for small electric helicopters. The JMD website has been down for quite some time now and I believe that they are no longer in business. If anyone knows otherwise, I'd appreciate an update.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I anyone would be interested in selling a Jetco Sabre Stunt or Shark 45 can you please IM me.

Plus looking for engine/parts for Fox, Webra, K&B engines.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: computermonkey

Plus looking for engine/parts for Fox, Webra, K&B engines.
    Have you gone to the MECOA web-site and mentioned such?

Wm.
    And plans too

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello, found the website a few weeks ago. Looks like you have to be a member to post. Just haven't joined yet. Doesn't look like they are to active in the Tulsa area.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The Mecoa group is a Sou. Calif. centered group, aligned with "somebody". But can be accessed by anyone world wide.

And yes, you must register to POST in the want-ad section but not to read anything.

Wm.
    And plans too

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Built the P-51 but never finished it.....wonder what happened to that....but later in life built the Sabre - loved that planked fuse. That was the last U-C kit I built, moved on the RC and still going......
    # 93 in Club Saito; Carl Goldberg Ultimate Brotherhood # 12; Pulse brother # 2;Hellcat Brotherhood #8;P-47 Thunderbolt Brotherhood #18

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: tailskid

Built the P-51 but never finished it.....wonder what happened to that....but later in life built the Sabre - loved that planked fuse. That was the last U-C kit I built, moved on the RC and still going......
    I think the P-51 (or F-51) survived in to the modern era. A friend of mine is building a C.L. version for McCoy.

Wm.
    And plans too