Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

Ben Shereshaw's Mercury

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Ben Shereshaw's Mercury

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 12:05 PM
aerowoof

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ben Shereshaw's Mercury

pick up a short kit for this on rcg,orginal plans show 72" span and Ignition engine.want to do it r/c with 3 channels.rcommendations for glow power and electric power would be welcome.thinking soething in to .19-.25 size glow and maybe a power 25 brushless for electric.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:19 PM
cd_webb
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ben Shereshaw's Mercury

This one is rated for a .40 4-stroke. A .19 two stroke could be a little light weight, but the .25 might do it. If I was doing it (and I do have the very same plans here on my build list), I would go with something in the .30 range. Mine will either have an O.S. .40 4-stroke or a Saito .45.

The electric option, in my case, is a Hacker A30 14L. My guess is about 2.5 to 3 lbs. when built. Start yours first and be my guinea pig, please!
Old 02-04-2012, 03:06 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: aerowoof

rcommendations for glow power and electric power would be welcome.thinking soething in to .19-.25 size glow

For what ever its worth I power my 80 inch playboy with a modern OS .35AX that is absolutely superb on that airplane. I choose the modern engine also because of it outstanding idling characteristics after very long idle periods.

I can make a launch and then go to full power for the vertical then back to a low idle and it remains in idle's up to 36 minutes long which is when it runs out of fuel on a three ounce modern Hayes tank.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C6ow...3&feature=plcp

John
Old 03-26-2012, 03:03 AM
bogbeagle

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpRYvH_34RE&list=UU4HLk42VM0CCjglQ2KPcYdA&index=2&feature=plcp[/youtube]

You might like to see some video of my friend's Shereshaw Commodore in action. Footage was taken a couple of weeks' back in East Yorkshire. There's a Glenelg and an Alert, too.

Or, you might care to see a "Bigger Stuff" and "Madcap".

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj3BUQajDbw&list=UU4HLk42VM0CCjglQ2KPcYdA&index=1&feature=plcp[/youtube]