Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

vintage r/c recievers

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 09:25 AM
bob mann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vintage r/c recievers

I am looking for a reciever that will work with my Citizen ship single channel Tx. Model TTX transister tone transmitter (27.045 )I know they used to make a brick( batt. pak. reciever, excap. all role up in one) but I would take any thing that will work. call or email Bob Mann 425 775 4892 or [email protected] thanks.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:24 AM
All Day Dan
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: vintage r/c recievers

Bob, I used to have the first two super hets that Citizen-ship made. The first was the SSTR, which was very large and then the JSH, which was much smaller. You can find them on Ebay every now and then. Dan.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:02 PM
phil_g

Its an ideal candidate for a conversion to 2.4g Bob. Much more reliable, lighter airborne weight and exactly the same S/C experience.
Check the "2.4 Conversions" page of http://www.singlechannel.co.uk
Cheers
Phil
Old 05-26-2012, 01:12 PM
ggeezer

Hi Bob,
Do you want a superhet or will a regen do?

Orv.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:35 PM
bob mann

I no i dont want one with a relay ,one on 27mh I dont want to change the cystal if i can help it call 425 775 4892 if any buddy can help some of this is a little greek. Bob
Old 05-28-2012, 09:23 AM
grotto2
My Feedback: (2)

According to the manual, that transmitter is relatively low power, meant for park fliers that don't get too far away. I personally don't like the button setup on it. There's better single-channel transmitters like the Ace Wee One.

Are you really attached to that transmitter in particular for sentimental reasons? If not, consider taking your time and shop the bay for a system you can use, then turn around and sell that one.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:53 AM
srickert

Have just viewed the forum , see that you are looking for a reciever , Citizenship SSH Superheterodyne on 27,045 also have an Onterion 021 on the same It is 1/2 the size of the ssh call if you are intrested

Steve

912-531-0220
Old 06-04-2012, 10:18 AM
jaymen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are better off in any case with a superhet, but like mentioned, if you are flying in a small area, and the plane stays close, and you are not near a major metropolis and interstate (CBers) a regen relayless receiver could be OK.

If you use a superhet, be sure to replace the Tx and RX crystals, or at least get their frequency checked as all these vintage radios have old crystals which typically have drifted at least 2 kilohertz or more and cause them to not have good range and glitch.

I sell a reproduction ACE Pulse Commander Receiver that can be modified to drive an escapement, or a 100 ohm relay, it works on 2.4 volts.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:03 PM
Frank Schwartz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want a s/c transmitter with lots of oomph..see if you can find a World Engines Mule...I don't have one any more, but I remember it worked great and I never got out of range even with the plane a speck in the sky..
Frank Schwartz