Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

Karft Single channel tone w/ Code-A-Matic

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Karft Single channel tone w/ Code-A-Matic

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 12:50 PM
jaymen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Karft Single channel tone w/ Code-A-Matic

Here is an old Karft tube system for single channel, it has an Aristocraft Code-A-Matic keyer option that plugs in, a Citizen-Ship single tube receiver, compound escapement, and the transmitter has a transistorized converter that makes 135 volts from a 4.8 volt Nicad pack. There is documentation for the converter, Transmitter, and Code-A-Matic. Some corrosion on the inside from leaking batteries, but not too bad. I will be listing this on the FleaBay if no body here is interested, so feel free to PM, or email me if you are interested.

Jay
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29828.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	1822656   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68716.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	1822657  
Old 11-24-2012, 06:01 PM
GallopingGhostler

Received 80 Likes on 63 Posts
Default RE: Karft Single channel tone w/ Code-A-Matic

That's a nice legacy system there, Jay. I'm not interested in it personally. I have 2 Ace Pulse Commander systems already with Adams actuators, KRD sequential throttle servos and superhetrodyne transistor receivers. That is about as early as I'd want to go. Those systems were and still are reliable.

I used to remember the 45V and 90V "B" supply battery packs roughly the size of 6V lantern batteries for tube radios, and the 22.5V flash batteries a little larger than a 9 volt with same type terminals, used in series for the RC tube receivers. I see someone has created a multi-vibrator setup to synthesize the "B" supply. In high school I had planned to build myself an R/C tube system, even had the coils, tubes, and other components. As a project it never succeeded when I purchased an Ace system with Baby Twin actuator on 26.995 MHz (Brown), Fall of 1972. It cost me all of $70. Shortly after, Hobby Shack was selling their Cirrus brand 2 channel dry digital systems for a little over $70.

Enjoyed the pictures, thanks for sharing.