Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

Hallco 103 airborne reproduction.

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Hallco 103 airborne reproduction.

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 11:57 AM
jaymen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hallco 103 airborne reproduction.

Here is an airborne unit that replicates the Hallco 103. It uses a JBR Ace/ Dorffler clone type pulse proportional receiver set up for Galloping Ghost Rand Packs, and has a replica of the original 6 transistor switcher as supplied in the Rand GG-Pack. The original Hallco 103 airborne weighed in at over 7 ounces, while this rig comes to only 5.5 ounces. The weight savings is due to the use of the switcher which requires only 3.6 volts as opposed to the 4 cell 4.8 volt battery the Hallco used, and the receiver and switcher both use lighter, more modern components for even more weight reduction. Because all the components to make a reporoduction of the Hallco are no longer availlable, and given I already have the parts to build the JBR receivers and switchers, this was the next best solution other than finding an original, which is next to impossible.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92187.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	269.2 KB
ID:	1831580  
Old 12-18-2012, 07:40 PM
crigotti
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hallco 103 airborne reproduction.

Wow, cool. You're having fun Jay.