Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

deBolt Viscount plans

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 04:24 PM
heggen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default deBolt Viscount plans

I built the Viscount years ago but didn't have the skills to fly it (crashed it) so am hoping someone has plans on whereabouts of plans. Can anyone help out?
Old 01-23-2013, 06:15 PM
dennis
My Feedback: (90)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: deBolt Viscount plans

Walter Umland has been given the rights to the Debolt line of kits and plans. I don't think that he has progressed to the point of actually getting anything ready yet. try builtrightflyright.com to go to his website. You won't see any R/C on the site or Debolt items but you will be able to contact him for info.

Dennis
Old 01-25-2013, 10:47 PM
heggen

Dennis, spoke with Walter. Very nice gentleman. He doesn't have possession of the RC stuff yet but will be in contact with the one who has with hopes for an answer of the availability of the Viscount plans in the near future. Thanks for the contact info.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:41 AM
beppeVRCS

Heggen,
I hope this will help!
Beppe
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Pn37028.pdf (2.10 MB, 61 views)
Zu65510.pdf (1.23 MB, 38 views)
Jo30929.pdf (2.24 MB, 34 views)
Old 01-29-2013, 07:00 PM
heggen

Thank you, Beppe!
If Walter isn't able to come up with the full size plans, can what you have be copied? The Viscount was the first multi-channel airplane low wing that I built when I was 18 years old. I had a Kraft 10 channel reed system with Annco servos and an OS Max 49 in it. When building the fuselage upside down on the plans, I built in left thrust by mistake. I didn't think it would be that big of a deal so I tried to fly it, but right after take off it was hard left and into the dirt. Now nearly 50 years later I still would like to build another one and also fly it. I got the building and flying thing down pretty good now after 60 years of building and flying model airplanes so success should be pretty much assured this time.
Another one that is going to get built is the Blackwell Models Raider 10 for which I have plans. Saw one fly during about 1962 and couldn't get it out of my mind - and it isn't even that good looking of an airplane, just functional. Love the vintage stuff that flys on the wing!
Again thanks for the plan download. They bring back great memories of the trials of learning R/C in the 60's.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:31 PM
engrv7

Heggen,

I have, in the past, purchased a plan set for the deBolt Viscount from Fran Ptaszkiewicz in Tonawanda, NY. The plans he offers are the original "in the box" plans. His material states that they are Factory Surplus from DEMECO. They are not copies or reproductions. You might give him a try. Contact information below......

Fran Ptaszkiewicz
23 Marlee Drive
Tonawanda, NY
14150-4321
(716) 695-2099

If you have no success with Fran, get back to me and I will try to find you a copy.

Stan

PS I purchased a set from Fran about 3 years ago for $5.00... (that's right $5.00). Surely his prices have gone up.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:42 PM
heggen

Thanks, I will give him a try.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:31 PM
glasair

Look for a Midwest Pattern Master an updated Vicount by deBolt for Midwest
Joe
Old 01-30-2013, 06:27 PM
heggen

Looks like I got what I need for plans. Spoke with Fran and had a very interesting conversation. He too, like Walt is a very nice gentleman. What a great hobby we are in and these two guys make it all the more enjoyable.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:50 AM
engrv7

Great Heggen,

I'm glad you got what you were looking for.

The deBolt Viscount was also my first Multi-R/C, 10 channel reeds with a Veco .45 for power.

Cheers, Stan
Old 02-08-2013, 07:01 PM
heggen

The plans for the Viscount arrived in the mail yesterday. Now, if I didn't have a few other things on the bench, I could start building the Viscount. Maybe I will cut out a rib template so I can cut ribs in my spare time.
At the time I ordered the Viscount plans, I learned that the deBolt Acrobat plan was also available so I ordered it too. I read up on it and learned that it is a easy build and a good flying airplane.
There are so many fun airplanes to build and fly. I just wish there could be more time.
Is there anyone out there building or flying any of the deBolt models? It would be fun to share stories and pictures.