Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

1969 American Aircraft Modeler R/C equipment roundup

Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

1969 American Aircraft Modeler R/C equipment roundup

Old 12-14-2013, 09:17 PM
maxpower1954

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1969 American Aircraft Modeler R/C equipment roundup

Lots of good technical info, and a few systems I didn't know about. Russ Farris

http://www.airplanesandrockets.com/e...969-aam-p2.htm
Old 12-15-2013, 01:32 AM
Joe Nagy
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Russ;

Happy Holiday wishes to you from the ever warm 'Valley of the Sun'.

OMG! Did your posting ever bring back memories of 'anudder time, anudder place', as back in '69 my brother Steve and I first got into RC after many years in FF and CL. We had our models pretty well built by this time in '69; Steves' a CG Falcon 56 with OS 40. mine an AAMCO A Ray also with a OS 40, both covered in the then miraculous TF Monocoat. And we both ordered our first Radio systems from the same LHS in London, Ontario just before XMas, mine came in first in late Jan 70, a Kraft 4 ch Series 70, with the then micro KPS 12 servos, Steve's came shortly after and it was an Orbit 4 ch. Both radios were on Mode 1, [AM rite stick, RE left stick], I still have my old Kraft radio system stashed away in its original foam factory shipping box.

We both originally wanted to have Single Stick radios, but the LHS dealer, and also our RC Flight Instructor later, said NO WAY, if you boys do not order Mode 1 radios, you will have to get them elsewhere, his reasoning being that he was an old Reed radio flyer and I guess each control had a separate switch, and he said you must separate elevator and aileron controls, ala digital having them on separate sticks, so we are still Mode 1 flyers. There are still a lot of Mode 1ers, but the Mode 2 boys often give me a wary puzzled look at the field.

Anyways Russ, per old Bob Hope's song, "Thanx for the Memories", and Gee Whiz!, where did the last 44 years go?, damn, but '69 seems like almost yesterday. You know, I heard something just recently that goes: 'the past does not really exist but only in memory or history, and that the future also does not exist except in our imagination, and the present, well, if you could read it on your wristwatch it would read now', made me think, and I'm still thinking on it....hmmmm. Will close for now, again, Happy Holidays and best regards from Glendale, Arizona,

Joe Nagy.
Old 12-15-2013, 02:41 AM
ukengineman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lots of names that I remember from my early days in R/C; Orbit, F&M, Min-X, Kraft, Citizen-Ship etc. My first digital proportional outfit was an F&M Digital 5