Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Citizen ship radio

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 01:12 PM
john schicker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Citizen ship radio

Hi to all .I have a model transmitter APT 3 channel on 27.095 and would like to know if there would be a receiver with a crystal lying in someones radio department as i would like to get it going .also what dose APTstand for .looking forward for some help ......john
Old 01-02-2014, 03:13 PM
maxpower1954

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

APT stands for Analog Proportional Transmitter. Unlike my Citizen-Ship DPT (Digital Proportional Transmitter) it will not work with a modern AM receiver. I'll let Jaymen and Grotto go into analog systems, because I have no working knowledge of them. Best to you and Good Luck!

Russ Farris
Old 01-03-2014, 04:02 PM
HighPlains
My Feedback: (1)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd say the go to guy on this would be Jean-Marie Piednoir, who goes by JMP_blackfoot. He has worked some with analog servo design some years back, and we kicked around the idea of adapting a HPI RF-2 receiver to build the airborne around. That is actually a Futaba design, for 27 MHz, the thought being that after it receives the RF signal, you tap into the audio output and build the necessary filters to drive analog servos.

The C-S analog sets from around 1965-66 were actually very fast GG sets in the way they transmitted data (pulse width and rate changes controlled rudder and elevator, while turning off the pulse caused low motor and full on ran the motor to full). When making a throttle change, the rudder and elevator moved to neutral, so fail save (loss of signal) drove the throttle to low and centered the controls. The RF link seemed to have some weakness, so as long as you flew up-wind, and high enough all was good.