Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

Looking for Demoiselle 22 plans

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Looking for Demoiselle 22 plans

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 01:40 PM
LeoBrazil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Looking for Demoiselle 22 plans

Hello, my american friends.
I'm a 16 yo Brasilian engeneer and i've always loved rc vehicles. I'm looking for the Santos Dummont's Demoiselle 22 plans, and i looked everywhere but i found myself unnable to find those plans. Actually, I've found a blueprint, but it wasn't precise enough...
I'm calling for help to anyone that can give me the most precise blueprints possible, so please guys, gimme some help here, cause i'm really ancious to build my own Demoiselle 22 ;D

Thanks a lot.

Leonardo, from Brazil.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:02 PM
pd1

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Leonardo,I don't know if this will help, but try this link.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gold...lans-free.html
Old 01-07-2014, 01:05 AM
Joe Nagy
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Leonardo;

Happy New Year's greetings to you from the always warm 'Valley of the Sun'; [Phoenix, Arizona, USA].

On seeing your request, I did not know what a Dem. 22 was, I remember the great movie, 'The Magnificent Men and their Flying Machines', of about 35-40 years ago, and the the French pilot flew a Dem. So I looked up on the 'net: Dem. 22, and what showed up was the movie version, so I was on the rite track. Possibly the best RC version of the said Dem was published by Flying Models Magazine in their September, 1969 issue, a beautiful model designed by Vern Zundel, at 1/4 scale, and powered with a .29 glow engine. The plan # for this model is CF173 and is still available from FM Magazine. The plans even show how to construct wire spoked wheels for the model.

If you would like, I could scan the above FM article for you to look at, and possibly you would want to contact FM and purchase a set of plans, or download their plans catalogue.

Also, if I remember correctly, Model Airplane News magazine featured a small Free Flight plan for the Dem, a long, long time ago, maybe some of the other readers herein can remember when.

Well, that is all I have to contribute rite now, let me know if I can be of further assistance. There, a'nudder problem almost solved, who's next! Take care, and best regards from Arizona,

Joe Nagy.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:58 AM
propjaw
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is a Great plan for the Demoiselle! Flying Models Plan Service. Thanks Joe!
Old 01-10-2014, 09:06 AM
Michaelj2k

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Go to Outerzone and use the keyword search Demoiselle. There's two plans there.