Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Polecat rc plane

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 06:14 PM
lightning rod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polecat rc plane

Hoping someone can help me, Back in the late 70's early 80's my brother purchased his very first plane called the"Polecat" 3 channel plane if anyone has heard of this plane please let me know I'm attempting to scratch build one if could find out what the dimensions are☺Thank you in advance!
Old 02-04-2016, 07:17 PM
Joe Nagy
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi lr,

Greetings from the ever warm Valley of the Sun.

I am a rabid kit collector, and have a very large collection of RC kits; among them I have 2 different ones called POLECATs: one is an Old Timey Free Flight short-kit from the 30s-40s, by Klarich. The other is probably the one you want, and is a sort of pod and boom fuse/straight high wing model by Bob Violet Models from the 70s, with about a 60" flat bottomed airfoil, sheet tail surfaces, the forward fuse is a pod shaped 4 sided ply box structure, and the boom to tail is formed from 4 sheet balsa strips. Cute little ship, for 10-15 motors or nowadays...electric. Both kits are packed away in storage lockers, so I am only recollecting by memory.

Also, I believe there was a pylon racer from the 70-80s called the Polecat....?...., maybe some of the other readers herewith may recall it better than me.

I hope this has been of help to you, the little Prather Polecat would be a great beginner RC, especially if converted to our modern electric power systems; will close, best regards from Glendale, Arizona,

Joe Nagy.
Old 02-04-2016, 09:43 PM
lightning rod

Thank you for your response Joe, If I could make it worth your while financially could you possibly photo copy the plans
Old 02-06-2016, 11:40 AM
Joe Nagy
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi again lr;

Sorry to keep you a'waiting, but I wanted to get over to my storage lockers.....[actually hidden caves in da Superstition Mountains nearby, and guarded by my fierce attack trained 3-headed Rotties, and similar Rattlers.....have to be careful myself sometimes]. ANyways, short story long; I located da Pole Cat Trainer, designed/kitted by Terry Prather of Prather Products, not by Bob Violet, and she is in mint condition, save for a few marks on the kit box.

I will tell you what: I can make for you a copy of da plans, or better yet, why don't you buy da kit, as I am willing to sell it to you; email me for details, [my email address below]. Doesn't get much better den dat, rite?

Will close for now, and await your return Private eMail, and go on from there, best regards from Glendale, Arizona,

Joe Nagy. email: [email protected]
Old 02-06-2016, 06:21 PM
lightning rod

Joe you have no idea how much this means to me! Thank you so much! How much do you want for it? ☺Thank you again☺
Old 02-10-2017, 03:54 PM
PlaneJames
My Feedback: (14)

Finished scratch building mine of the summer. How do I post a pic?
Old 02-10-2017, 04:25 PM
lightning rod

Congratulations! Wish I could help with posting a pic😯
Old 03-04-2018, 02:08 PM
Kan90

Default Copy of plans

Hi Lr,

The Prather Polecat was one of the first kits my father and I built together back in the early 80s.

Searching the web has led me to your thread.

Much like yourself, I have an interest in building another one and was wondering if there was any way I could obtain a copy of the plans from the kit you acquired?

Not sure if you ever built any other Prather aircraft products, but I can say that the Prather Panther was one of my all time favourite sport models!

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 03-04-2018, 02:35 PM
PlaneJames
My Feedback: (14)

Default Plans or kit

I have a wedding coming up and am really busy. PM me with your contact info. Pretty sure I can help you out.

James
Old 03-09-2018, 03:22 PM
049flyer
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hello Gents!

It would be a very nice gesture if someone would post the plans to outerzone so others could enjoy Polecating!
Old 08-12-2018, 06:00 PM
Kan90

Default Still trying to find Prather Polecat

Hi,

Still trying to obtain a kit, plans, copy of plans or even a good quality picture of the plans for a Prather Polecat.

PlaneJames: Not sure if I am working the PM system incorrectly as I have tried sending a couple of messages with no replies.

Thanks.