Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Laser Services

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 08:53 PM
rrengineer
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Laser Services

Any of the laser cutting services out there putting out a short kit of the Sr Falcon?
Old 01-30-2017, 08:31 AM
buzzard bait

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't know of any that do, but Eureka has a foam wing and stab kit. Lazer-Works has a "Senior Skylark".
Old 01-31-2017, 04:43 PM
rrengineer

Eureka?
Old 01-31-2017, 05:07 PM
buzzard bait

Click on the following, go to Foam Wings, then go to Replacement Cores.

http://eurekaaircraft.com/

I had them do a custom set for a Big John bipe and with the shipping, it cost me, but they were perfect. I sent them a photo copy of a rib for the airfoil and after I made up the sheeted core wings the old wing tip blocks were a perfect fit. I had never done a foam core wing before. Weight was within a fraction of an ounce of the old scratch built wings. Prices are very reasonable but the shipping definitely adds to the cost.

Jim
Old 01-31-2017, 05:48 PM
rrengineer

Thanks. I see they do a Strikemaster too. I had a Midwest Strikemaster back in the day and remember how well it flew. Now you have given me two projects to look forward to.
Old 01-31-2017, 06:39 PM
buzzard bait

Great, you're welcome
Old 02-04-2017, 04:42 PM
BobHH
My Feedback: (18)

RR, send me your e-mail address. I did kit the Sr Falcon back when I had Early RC. I still have the laser cut files as well as the plans. You I could send over to Eddie at Lazer-Works to cut it for you.

Bob
Old 02-04-2017, 04:54 PM
rrengineer

Bob,
I still have your Falcon 56 kit unbuilt in the box inline to build, but have always wanted a Sr Falcon.
Mike MacLean
[email protected]
Old 02-04-2017, 07:06 PM
BobHH

Mike, I send the file. The only problem that will work you is the leading and trailing edge stock. I had a custom shaper bit made to cut both together as per the original kit. Unfortunately that bit went with the business when I sold it. Still you could make it up from some square stock just a bit more carving. Have fun and good hearing from you again!! Btw, here my prototype from my kit. I need to build another sometime too. Had a gent talk me out of her a few years back. A great sport flyer!!! Ultracote with Rustoleum trim!!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	SrFal.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	2199702  
Old 02-05-2017, 01:30 AM
rrengineer

Thanks Bob. It's great to talk to you again too. I sure miss your Early RC kits as I am sure many others do too. I remember some time back you explaining about painting Rustoleum on top of the Ultracote. Did you rough it up in the area you painted before shooting it? Thanks for the Sr Falcon stuff. I know what a great flier it is and you just don't see them at the field anymore.
Mike
Old 02-05-2017, 03:35 AM
BobHH

Yep, just hit it with some 00 steal wool and denatured alcohol. Works great! Good luck!

Bob
Old 02-12-2017, 04:55 PM
fireman7875
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been lurking again for a little while. I also miss Early RC Models. I built most of them at some point. Bob, I also sold my Sr Falcon a number of years ago and still miss that plane. Oh well, a good excuse to build another one day.

Brian
Old 02-12-2017, 05:05 PM
BobHH

Hello Brian, it's been a long time! Have not done much in the way of vintage models for a while. I have been playing with some pylon racing but that too has slowed down!!

Bob
Old 02-12-2017, 06:30 PM
fireman7875
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BobHH
Hello Brian, it's been a long time! Have not done much in the way of vintage models for a while. I have been playing with some pylon racing but that too has slowed down!!

Bob
Yes it has! I haven't done any flying in a few years. Still have some stuff around. I'll get back to it one day. Just have too many hobbies right now. I'm starting to miss it though. I might start a little CL flying.

Brian
Old 02-12-2017, 07:10 PM
BobHH

Yep same here. I've got a 62 Thunderbird Sports Roadster I want to do a ground up restoration so I've been collecting parts and stuff. My Daughter graduates in the spring so maybe I'll have some money sometime!!!! I even picked up a Brodak Thunderbird to build for controline but it is still on the shelf!! Still have about 5-6 vintage radios that work great just pulled the batteries and put in storage!! Where does the time go??

Bob
Old 02-16-2017, 09:36 PM
TFF

Wow! A 62 Thunderbird Sports Roadster. Thats rare. I have a 63 hardtop my grandfather bought new, my dad got it as a second car in 70, and it was my first car, 82. Mine is tired and I wanted mine to be like the tripower in high school, so it was upgraded with like setup, but needs to be put back stock.