Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

Monocoupe 90A Ikon west

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Monocoupe 90A Ikon west

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 04:09 AM
cutarug

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Monocoupe 90A Ikon west

I have been give an IIkon West kit of a Monocoupe some parts are missing but I have the plans so I can cut these of the plans. But the instruction book is missing and it is hard to identify parts as they are not shown on the plans. Would any one have the instruction book for this and could it be scanned to PDF so I can print it out.
It would be great if someone could help me out here.
Old 09-23-2017, 04:57 PM
Joe Nagy
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re IKON N''West Monocoupe kit: Got Instrucion Book 4 U

Hi cutarug;

Greetings 2 U from Wickenburg. 'Arizona; da 'Roping Capital of da World'

I noted you request for the instruction booklet for this kit, checked my vast kit inventory, and found I have said kit too, located in safe storage within the confines of my secret kit cave, guarded by vicious 2 and 3 headed pit bulls and similar rattle snakes. You must be brave to enter dis cave; well at age 73. I'm brave I guess, as at this age you have to be brave to survive the realities of old age. Short story long! The kit does have an instruction booklet, + a large 18" x 12" or so double sided photo instruction sheet, and I would be happy to copy and email said copies 2 U possibly tomorrow or next 24 hours anyway. Do U need the photo instruction sheet also, let me know, [my email address below]/please email me yours OK.

I noted the weight of dis kit, it's heavy, I hope it builds into a lighter aircraft, as I would like to power mine wid electric, but then there are some big>huge electric motors available now, so the electric conversion should be a snap.

Will close for now, dere folks, a'nudd'r problem solved, Who's next? I enjoyed helping U out, best regards from the ole wild western frontier town of Wickenburg. Arizona, USA,

Joe Nagy. eMail: [email protected]
Old 09-24-2017, 03:41 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Nagy
Hi cutarug;

Greetings 2 U from Wickenburg. 'Arizona; da 'Roping Capital of da World'

I noted the weight of dis kit, it's heavy, I hope it builds into a lighter aircraft, as I would like to power mine wid electric, but then there are some big>huge electric motors available now, so the electric conversion should be a snap.

Joe Nagy. eMail: [email protected]

Joe

I had a G-38 on the nose of my 90A. It balanced perfectly, but was over powered., for my sedate flying style. I'm guessing that the model was in the 18 pound range. It flew very well.

I felt that the original landing gear was weak. I suggest that any prospective builder should use something else. I purchase a gear from TnT, designed for the Kange Monocoupe.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mf96398.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	2233387   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tv39054.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	2233388  

Last edited by TomCrump; 09-24-2017 at 03:46 AM.
Old 09-29-2017, 12:25 PM
Joe Nagy
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default YO cutarug! Do U want copy of Ins Book Or NOt?

You requested said Instruction Booklet, I emailed U herein that I have same, all ready to email 2 U, requested UR email........No Response! I don't know what da Problem is? Last CHance effort: if I don't here from U, the Hell wid it, I will put said Ins bk back into kit, and da kit back into storage. Please do not waste My/RCU time and space herein. ......?.... in Wickengurg, AZ

Joe Nagy.