Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Jr Falcon

Old 10-13-2017, 12:54 PM
jaymen

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Jr Falcon

Just to share with you guys,
here is a photo of my Carl Goldberg Jr. Falcon with electric power, and Galloping Ghost pulse proportional.
Radio is Spektrum DX-6i, Lemon R/C Rx., Tobe GG actuator w/custom driver board and a Phil G recoder, 1000mAh 3S LiPo,
Cobra outrunner, 30A speed control, 6x4 APC prop, Early R/C kit, built for me by Otto.
Fun flying, it will get over 30 minutes on a pack, takes a little getting used to and some trimming adjustments to suit your style. Most of this is because of the nature of Galloping Ghost; you get some up in the turns, controls are less effective if you fly too slow, and you need to use throttle to help control the climb and descent. It took me a couple packs to get the hang of it and now it's fun to relax and listen to it pulse and gallop the tail up and down on fly-bys. Puts a big grin on everybody's face watching the controls go bonkers and hear it make that sha-wee-sha-wee-sha-wee..noise. Makes me feel 14 years old again for sure.

Feel free to PM or contact me for details

Jay Mendoza
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jr Falcon (1) - Copy (640x480).jpg
Views:	31
Size:	361.7 KB
ID:	2241127   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jr Falcon Tobe (640x480).jpg
Views:	29
Size:	258.5 KB
ID:	2241128   Click image for larger version

Name:	3 GG Planes (1) (640x480).jpg
Views:	30
Size:	353.7 KB
ID:	2241129  

Last edited by jaymen; 10-13-2017 at 01:22 PM.
Old Yesterday, 05:19 PM
Mad Man Marko-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Your Falcon looks great Jay. Boy Otto's building job looks top shelf for sure. I really wish I had bought a Jr. Falon or Skylark from Bob Harris when he was kitting them. I have his Esquire, DeBolt Champ and Lightning Bug. They are first class jobs for sure. It's too bad we live 2400 miles apart. I would like to fly some GG with you. My Minnie Mambo flies great and my Mister E is almost finally trimmed out and flying good with the ghost Spektrum Lemon set up just like your using. I just love the looks on the newer guys faces when you plug in the battery and everything starts flapping away. The look is total amazement when the plane flies right off nice and controllable. I do have a Little Esquire that is R/M but prop and also a Lil' Spirit that is the same and someday I would like to convert them to GG or maybe even escapement emulator if I get real crazy.
Stay well and keep flying GG it'll keep you yuong,
Mark O'Connell

Search this Thread