Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Carl Goldberg, the Falcon, and the Mustang.

Old 11-10-2017, 08:13 AM
lflf

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Carl Goldberg, the Falcon, and the Mustang.

I think all the old timers like me have built a few Goldberg kits, and one of the favorites has to be the Falcon series- Senior Falcon, Junior Falcon , Falcon 56, etc. I know I built the Junior Falcon when I was in Junior High (fitting) and flew it as a free flight (too poor to buy radio gear as a kid). There was always something attractive in the lines of that plane. I have been scratch building a "who-knows-what" and looking for some tail inspiration I decided to revisit the Falcon series on that wonderful resource outerzone by pulling up a couple of old falcon plans. In the process I think I discovered why that plane was so appealing. Yes, the stick type fuselage could be a bit homely, but the tail section looked cool and now I think I know why-Carl Goldberg must have been inspired by everyone's favorite warplane, the P-51 Mustang, when he designed the tail section of that plane. It looks quintessentially American. So what do you think? I've attached a close up of the falcon and mustang fin and rudder, from plans of the jr. falcon and mustang (kyosho's). You can file this under "things that don't really matter" but I think it's interesting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jrfalcontail - Edited.png
Views:	6
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	2244295   Click image for larger version

Name:	mustangtail - Edited.png
Views:	6
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	2244296  

Last edited by lflf; 11-10-2017 at 01:42 PM.

Search this Thread