Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

Vintage...not really but how old?

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Vintage...not really but how old?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 01:25 AM
RickShaw739

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vintage...not really but how old?

Anyone know how old this plane maybe?

This picture is from a flight-Sim, but last Christmas my wife got me one just like it from an estate sale. It's the same plane to the T. Whoever put it together did a fine job with it.

I'm a SPAD builder, and I've yet to fly this balsa plane. I know I'm in for one touchy bat out of hell flight with her when I do. Anyone ever fly one of these?
I've seen lots of plane's real close to her but never the same Technicoll plane.

The servo's and Rx. in it are pretty old, they have old connectors on them. I've replace them with new ones, she's ready to fly! And as soon as I get the ...uhhh, you know what I mean. I'll fly her!

Thanks for any input on this!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22644.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	203151  
Old 12-15-2004, 01:03 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Default RE: Vintage...not really but how old?

The plane is a Diablo.

Either a kit version, or one of the EZ arf versions from Pilot. There was a "40" size and "120" size available back in the mid 1980s.

Its an excellent aircraft.....very well behaved. Definately not touchy unless you set the control throws up too agressive.

The 120 version was very popular. Often found powered by an OS 108 or an Enya 120.

Bob
Old 12-16-2004, 04:27 AM
RickShaw739

Thanks for the info bob27s...
It is the "40" size, with the Enya engine in it.
I'm just waiting for the weather now. Can't wait to try her out.
But like I said I'm a SPAD builder and flier. I'm used to heaver aircraft and this thing is really light. I just think it's really going to fly! [X(]and I need to be ready for it.

Just not sure what to expect out of her, as far as handling wise. I'll take your word on the well behaved part.

Thanks again!
Old 12-16-2012, 02:29 PM
Slope Pilot

Yes, it is the Diablo. It is actually not that twitchy and it flies like it is on rails,
Old 12-16-2012, 07:36 PM
stevegauth30

I had a diablo back in the day and it was an absoluts blast. set your expo high and your rates low and youll really enjoy it, I miss the hell out of that plane. That was one of them that i always wanted to rebuild but never got around to it. have fun with it.