Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

Debolt Livewire Cruiser ? Need help identifying .

Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Debolt Livewire Cruiser ? Need help identifying .

Old 08-11-2002, 11:16 PM
mike912e
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Debolt Livewire Cruiser ? Need help identifying .

My first R/C model was a Debolt Livewire Cruiser, fox .19, covered with silk and doped and controlled(?) with a Galloping Ghost system. This was in 1961 !
I have a copy of plans that do not have any identification on them, but I suspect that this just might be the Livewire Cruiser. Can anyone out there in RCU land help ?

Thanks for any help I can get. Mike ( [email protected])

see picture below.
Old 08-11-2002, 11:24 PM
mike912e
My Feedback: (4)

Default Dumb computor ! Says my files are too big !

Sorry about that. I'll see if I can't make them smaller ( like they're not small enough allready ! ).

Contact me directly at : [email protected]. I'm sure I can e-mail pictures there.

Thanks. Mike
Old 10-14-2002, 06:55 PM
L19Birddog48

The Livewire Cruiser has a wingspan of 651/2', kitted in 1954, plan's call for a.19 to .23 for power, the profile picture insert on the plan's show's a model with the number #6 on the vertical stab. also side view look's somwhat like a smog-hog.
Would be a shame to see, someone put a .60 on such a great flyer!!!!!

HOPE THIS INFO HELP'S

L-19Birddog48
Old 10-24-2002, 09:52 AM
EyeflyRC
My Feedback: (147)

Default Live Wire Champion

I recently acquired a Live Wire Champion at a swap meet. It has a 55" wingspan and is powered by an OS .25FP engine with a six ounce gas tank and operates on three channels. I now have made over 51 flights flights with it and it flies beautifully. I have used it as a slow flyer with the engine at half throttle or less most of the time. Each flight under power has averaged over 25 minutes. Occasionally, I can catch a thermal and it has glided for over 25 minutes after the engine cut. This plane flies on the wing and is a good change of pace from all the high powered designs of today. With its relatively large dihedral it absolutely refuses to snap on stalls. I heartily recommend this design if you are looking for a change of pace in flying.
Old 10-24-2002, 11:48 PM
Hal deBolt

Hi Mike,
I don't see any access to your photo, sorry!
I should know what it is one would thinkl?
If you would like to E-Mail me the photo I could take a look, OK?

Hal deBolt [email protected]