Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Balsa USA Der Jager

Old 01-10-2013, 05:19 PM
dleclaire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Balsa USA Der Jager

I have 2 of these, built at the height of the g38 popularity, kind of boring, yes it would haul it around the field but it was nothing special, but this last summer I tried a couple of upgrades, the first was a DLA 56 with a pitts style muffler and WOW WOW!!! now this thing is a beauty of a giant scale, with the 56 and a nice 3 bladed prop, THE HUNTER (yes that is the translation) is exactly that

Im considering the DLE 60 twin for the other bird..  could be interesting even though the cylinders will stick out of the cowling
Old 01-10-2013, 05:45 PM
hooker53
My Feedback: (106)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dleclaire

I have 2 of these, built at the height of the g38 popularity, kind of boring, yes it would haul it around the field but it was nothing special, but this last summer I tried a couple of upgrades, the first was a DLA 56 with a pitts style muffler and WOW WOW!!! now this thing is a beauty of a giant scale, with the 56 and a nice 3 bladed prop, THE HUNTER (yes that is the translation) is exactly that

Im considering the DLE 60 twin for the other bird.. could be interesting even though the cylinders will stick out of the cowling
Check out the slightly oversize cowl that Craig at Fiberglas Sp has. It may contain the twin or if you have the spread on the engine I can measure my FG cowl and see how much it would stick out if any. If someone don't talk me out of this last kit, I may Have to build it someday. Always wanted to increase the size by 30/40 %.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:55 PM
GIJon
My Feedback: (118)

I'm looking for the CG on the 1/4 scale BUSA Der Jager. I'm thinking of putting mine on floats.
Old 01-15-2022, 04:06 PM
genehackett
My Feedback: (16)

Info would come up same either way, I've found lots of stuff on it, plans and pics