Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

old timer trainer kit

Old 08-14-2005, 11:41 AM

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default old timer trainer kit

i am looking for a 1/2 a trainer that uses a .049 and has rudder and elivator controll. it must be easy to build/fly. it must be able to take abuse. if there is a kit in the 60 dollar range that would be great. i like laser cut kits but die cut is ok. i am not good at print wood kits. also i want something that other people dont have or something that congures up an "i remember when" story.
thanks[sm=biggrin.gif]
Old 08-14-2005, 02:08 PM
Gollywock

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: old timer trainer kit

It sounds like an old timer 1/2A Texaco might fill the bill. Check Bob Holman Plans http://www.bhplans.com/ . His kits are laser cut and the plans are CAD. You might look at the 1/2A 'Simplex'. Its probably the easiest to build model airplane I've ever built, and it flies very good. Holman kits are "short" kits so you'll have to furnish your own strip wood, leading, trailing edge etc. All this is available at your LHS or online. My only recommendation is to keep the tail light, as it doesn't have much of a nose moment. Jim