Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

Sterling Supermarine Spitfire plans

Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Sterling Supermarine Spitfire plans

Old 01-10-2002, 05:50 PM
sugarfox
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sterling Supermarine Spitfire plans

I have aquired a Sterling Supermarine Spitfire Kit that is complete but missing the plans. I believe that it is a 60's era kit that was designed By Geo. Harris. It is Sterling kit #fs-14, wing span 64" Length 55" requiring engine size .35 to .60. If anyone would have these plans I would appreciate a copy or if you would have any idea where one could come up with these............. please reply to my email {[email protected]} or on this thread......thanks john
Old 05-12-2002, 10:53 AM
GPaloz

John, I might have my old set still but I'd have to do some digging. If you still need them let me know and I'll look in my archive. Greg
Old 05-12-2002, 09:38 PM
sugarfox

Thanks for responding Greg, but a gentleman from Canada helped us out a couple of months ago. The airplane is almost finished! John
Old 05-13-2002, 01:05 AM
GPaloz

John, Glad to know you recieved help. I've still got mine but its a little broken up. What are you using to power it up with? Greg
Old 05-19-2002, 02:04 PM
sugarfox

Hi Greg, sorry it took so long to reply but I took a little trip to south western Ky last week to fly with a friend down there and intending to end up at Rough River this weekend but got rained and blew out. When it wasn't pooring down rain it was blowin 30 mph winds so I only got one flight in for the whole week. What a drag...........

In answer to your question, its going to have an old but still good super tigre 75 engine. I ended up trading the kit to a friend of mine who had a vintage pattern kit that I wanted.[skyknight 5, made in 1978] I'm kind of a nut for the old pattern designs. He has the spit ready for covering and paint. Anyway, thanks again for the offer of your plans, I really thought we would be sunk trying to find a set.........best regards, John
Old 05-23-2002, 10:41 PM
GPaloz

I flew mine with a super tigre 75 also. Flew great at 12 1/2 lbs. I should rebuild mine but I've gone into 1/5 scale gas. Hang onto it for nostalgia I guess.
Old 05-28-2002, 09:21 AM
ec121k

HEY!!! Watch how you talk about 1978 and Vintage. That was only yesterday. Well into the Proportional Age.

Know when I was a boy.

(Just had to get that in guys)

Tony
Old 12-24-2009, 04:54 PM
Jmock

Default RE: Sterling Supermarine Spitfire plans

Anyone still have the plans for the Sterling Spitfire? I acquired a fuselage quite a while ago and just got around to researching it. Turns out it was a Sterling...I thought for sure it was Royal. I have been looking for a set of full size plans to build the wing. I also have a set of mechanical retracts that I hope to fit in there. I would appreciate any help. Please let me know.

-James
Old 02-03-2011, 12:26 PM
RCAIR
My Feedback: (43)

I know this is old but if you still need a set I can get you a set of the plans for the Sterling Spitfire. Just shoot me an email.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:55 AM
Free Bird

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What I need is a set of main gear. Can anybody help me out out?

FB
Old 02-05-2011, 03:10 PM
aerowoof

been awhile since i saw the kit.what does it look like i may be able to bend a set.I seem to remmber they were not the standard torision type gear.I have the harris plans somewhere that may show the gear itself
Old 02-06-2011, 08:25 AM
aerowoof

found the harris plans and they show full size pattern for the gear as shown,I can bend this fairly easy with my bender.can copy the plans at kinkos if anybody wants to build this near scale outline spit from scratch.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo38679.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	1559463  
Old 02-06-2011, 01:04 PM
pd1

I have the kit. Would it be easier to use my gear as a template?

I would like to get a set of the plans that were in the magazine.
They are a bit different than the kit plans.

I have digitized the kit plans, if you need a copy I can e mail them to you.

Paul
Old 10-16-2019, 09:20 AM
Pittscrazy

Originally Posted by ec121k
HEY!!! Watch how you talk about 1978 and Vintage. That was only yesterday. Well into the Proportional Age.

Know when I was a boy.

(Just had to get that in guys)

Tony
Hey I was born in 1978 ! Lol
I recently acquired a Sterling Spitfire 64" wingspan .
The plane is covered and had a crappy coat of paint on it but I sanded it down smooth and repainted the base coat of silver .
This bird is STUNNING but I do not have a canopy for it and I cut the nose off to put a os 110 alpha four stroke in her .
Don't worry , I kept the nose just in case I ever want to make it original , but now I am searching for a cowling hopefully the one for the top flite spit will work , now I just have to find out if fiberglass specialties has one !
have not modified it for retracts as I think I will put a set of floats on her .