Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

Whats a sig bonanza kit worth?

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Whats a sig bonanza kit worth?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2002, 11:05 PM
jfranklin4000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats a sig bonanza kit worth?

Not knowing that the v-tail bonanza was a rare bird, I decided that I wanted to build one. Now I have my heart set on one. The problem is that I don't want to build the TF gold reissue kit. It just sounds to big. I would love to stay around a 60" wing. So I found this sig kit from back in the day (78?) but have no idea what a resonable price for it is. I dont want to lose it because of my ignorance. The kit isn't a V-tail, but how hard can it be to make that conversion? Does anybody have plans for a scratch build or advise on other companies that may have also manufactured this plane in the past?
Old 11-01-2002, 06:17 AM
TexasAirBoss
My Feedback: (22)

Default Amen brother, I found a Sig bonanza....

on E-BAY. It looks a little rough. I think the box has gotten wet. But anyway, its up to $90 and I think there is a day or two left. It seems as I am getting into "scale", the world is getting out!!
I don't know what is worth. Thats in the eye of the beholder. I checked the Sig site, and low and behold, they still make the Citabria.......for $145 !
Old 11-01-2002, 07:32 PM
jfranklin4000

Yeah, I started the real bidding on that e-bay bird by popping the reserve. I guess I will find out soon enough how much the other guy thinks its worth. I think it's funny that I arbitrarily picked this plane as my next build not knowing anything about its existence, or lack there of, and now I can't live without one. I may end up having to build the TF kit. If the bid gets much higher I will have to bow out and just save my pennies for a TF kit. Some day I will actually be able to afford this hobby!

Hey if you get that kit on the Bay want to share the plans w/ me! I would be happy to pay for any expenses in repro. I don't know how legal it is but another thread was talking about the legality of reproducing older out of production kits and nobody seemed that opposed to it. Just a thought, I really want to build this plane.
Thanks for the response, happy flying
Old 11-02-2002, 12:06 AM
Gonnacrash
My Feedback: (10)

Default AFFORD !

Let us know when you find the formula ! And how you arrived at the day, e t c on how to "afford" the hobby. It s great fun and we always find a way to scratch up a penny or two for it. Just kidding you of course... Have FUN ! Don
Old 11-07-2002, 03:28 AM
TexasAirBoss
My Feedback: (22)

So YOU are the one that scarfed up that Bonanza!!!!
Old 11-11-2002, 06:25 PM
jfranklin4000

I wouldn't say "scarfed" but yes I did win the bid under the same screen name that I use here. I was quite nervous about whether or not I would win. It was my first auction and I got a little overzealous at the last minute... I really wanted that plane. It was still less than the TF kit and now I don't have to buy a bigger engine. I hope you get that other one that you found. I am going to diagram all the parts in this kit and build from scratch so if you want to give it a try drop me a line at my hotmail account. (same name)