Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

ENYA 60 III

Old 01-17-2006, 03:31 PM
hhr47

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ENYA 60 III

I am looking for some information on an engine I found in some of my grandfathers stuff after he passed. I found 2 Enya 60 III model # 7033 engines still in the original boxs and still wrapped in clear plasic bags. Some quick research tells me that the engines were manufactured around 1970 but I'm not sure if that is correct. I am looking for some insight into the age and value of these motors.
Thanks,
Old 01-17-2006, 05:20 PM
HighPlains
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: ENYA 60 III

Already asked and answered.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:14 PM
hhr47

Sorry for the confusion but I am new to this forum stuff and was unable to see where my original post had been answered. I finally found my original test post and it still has 0 replies. I did see a reply to a post about an Enya 60X. I don't know the difference in a 60X or a 60 III. If I'm missing something please let me know. Thanks,
Old 01-18-2006, 01:48 AM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The 60 III is a loop scavenged engine that was from the early 70's, with a steel sleeve and ringed piston, air bleed carb. The 60X is a schnurle ported AAC (Alum. ringless piston / Alum. sleeve / Chrome plated ) that came later and had a more sophisticated carb.

Enyas are great engines...the .60III is a good, reliable powerplant...not extremely powerful by todays standards (the .60X is a lot more powerful ) but a good, quality piece.

NIB would "probably" (maybe, possably ) go for around 75.00 give or take a few $
Old 01-18-2006, 07:42 AM
Mike Denest

The Enya .60 was the engine of choice in class III pattern flying, Phil Kraft being a big user on his Quik Fli series airplanes. If you decide to run them, SIG has 20% and 25% straight castor fuel available. I don't know about running them on all synthetic but a castor/synthetic blend may be ok. Just remember that parts may be hard to get.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:17 AM
hhr47

Thanks for the information. I appreciate the help.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:51 AM
kdheath

Older Enyas in general require more breakin than we are used to now. But once broken in, they are practically good for life. I would break it in on straight castor and probably fly it on 50-50 castor/synthetic oil. The synthetic will keep the ring cleaner and less likely to stick. It won't turn the rpms that a new Schnuerle will, around 12K tops, but it will pull small freight trains.

A call to MRC's parts dept sometimes produces surprises as far as parts are concerned. They seem to have some old stuff put away.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:12 PM
hhr47

I spend most of my time racing motocross and don't have much opportunity to get into flying. I am in process of purchasing of a Revo Truck that I can take to the track with me for some down time fun. If a guy wanted to sell these engines, what would be the best avenue.
Thanks
Old 01-18-2006, 04:34 PM
Mike Denest

Right here!