Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 113 of 709 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213613 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 17711

Thread: WACO YMF

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: WACO YMF

r/c John,

If you haven't done so, go to the supplimental site House of Moy http://www.houseofmoy.com/waco/ . On it you will find both jpg files and dxf files. You may find that some programs have trouble opening the dxf files, I did, printed them out and now can't reopen them[sm=confused.gif]. However the files are for the 1/5th scale parts, but when printed out the 3" reference line was only 2-3/4" (about 1/5.45) scale. They will work, but need to be re-scaled so the 3" line equals 2-1/2" (1/6th scale). If re-scaling from the printed 2-3/4", it works out to about 91%. If re-scaling from 3", it is about 83.3%. The jpg files will also print out, but again will need to be re-sized as above. Find a good copier that has scaling capabilities and bring a calculator. Or get the plans from the AMA, go to a copy place like Kinko's and re-scale all sheets to the desired size.
    John F Howard (aka skylarkmk1)
    AMA 10955, WACO Brotherhood #26, AWC, NWC

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

damifino,

The tee's look AWESOME!!!! I would like to thank you for taking the time and all the effort that you put into these tee's. I can't wait to receive my tee's!!

Thanks again,
    Tom - AMA Member Since 1973
    WACO Brother #39

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just a couple of things from one who reads this thread every day, but rarely says much.
    I appreciate all the wonderful help from such knowledgable folks out there.
    When disagreements occur, I agree with my mom(If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!)
    I love the look of the T shirts and can't wait to receive them.
    Even though the quality of most ARFs has improved, you still get lesser quality than the older kits. That's why I cherish my stash of old PICA kits.
    Kits show building skills, ARFs show shopping skills. WACO Brotherhood #24

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: yel914

Just a couple of things from one who reads this thread every day, but rarely says much.
    I appreciate all the wonderful help from such knowledgable folks out there.
    When disagreements occur, I agree with my mom(If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!)
    I love the look of the T shirts and can't wait to receive them.
    Even though the quality of most ARFs has improved, you still get lesser quality than the older kits. That's why I cherish my stash of old PICA kits.
    I also cherish my stash of the PICA Waco bipes. I am not going to build any of them any time soon, since I have begun cutting my own kits. The wood and the quality of the cuts are much better. I may, at some point put the kits up for grabs, or may just gift them to some who would appreciate them. (settle down ....I'm not going to make that decision for some time) I wish to thank Jay for his hard work in getting the shirts for us. He has gone above and beyond to make this happen.

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1
    Its easy, just glue all the pieces together, and sand off everything that doesnt look like an airplane.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

r/c John,

If you call the AMA Plans Service, they may be able to re-size the plans to 1/6th. According to the answer in the FAQs, you have to call to find out and to get a price quote. The phone # is (765) 287-1256, ext. 507.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: kestrel0222

damifino,

The tee's look AWESOME!!!! I would like to thank you for taking the time and all the effort that you put into these tee's. I can't wait to receive my tee's!!

Thanks again,
    I totally agree.

On another point, does anyone know if Sig's SRE is out yet?

Didg.
    WACO Brotherhood #52

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Jay,
    The "T" shirts look GREAT! Thank you for all the effort you put into this. We will be wearing them with pride !
    Thanks again !!
    Jim,
    WACO Brotherhood #3, AMA 816592, IMAA 41683,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Jim Henley

Jay,
    The "T" shirts look GREAT! Thank you for all the effort you put into this. We will be wearing them with pride !
    Thanks again !!

When are the shirts shipping out???
    Let\'\'s be open minded.... But not so open that your brain falls out
    Waco Brotherhood #46
    QQ Python \"Miss Linney \"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Due to long hours at work this week it looks like Monday (6-18) will be the soonest they will go out. I have them here and packaging them still needs to be done. They look great.
    Everybody knows you can\'\'t make a time machine out of a Tilt-A-Whirl.........-:WACO Brotherhood 25:-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Jay,

Take your time with mine. I will get them when you get time to do it. I totally understand. Think about what we talked about (you coming down next April for Top Gun). Frank puts on a first class show, and I'm proud to have been part of it.

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1
    Its easy, just glue all the pieces together, and sand off everything that doesnt look like an airplane.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have a Kangke Waco need to join the brotherhood and get a few shirts. How do I do this? Thanks
    DOC

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: MarvinE255

I have a Kangke Waco need to join the brotherhood and get a few shirts. How do I do this? Thanks
    DOC,

You just did..... If you look back to page 110 (I only bring the list forward every 10 pages due to the size of the post) you will find that you will now be known as Waco Brother #53. Welcome, and keep up the good work. Anything that we can do to assist you, please sing out, and please get involved in the furball.....Contact damifino (Brother #25) for ordering the shirts.

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1

A big hello to all

I charged up the 1/6 Waco last night as I had today off, went to the field this morning and fired her up she was running good my buddy was getting ready to set her down when I lost all controls the motor running but every thing was dead. Well better on the ground then in the air. I came home and took her apart the battery was dead it was only about a year and a half old. In the trash can it went [:@] I will replace it with a 6V this time.

On the good side I finished cutting out my wing ribs have a table full of balsa all I need to get is some glue and I'll get started building.
    Dan Hudson WACO Brotherhood #45
    GIT-ER-DUN \"Build a WACO\"

Can anyone post close up pix of the tailwheel and linkage for the full scale YMF-5? The aileron linkages several pages back were terrific for my Genesis 1/3d build. I also want to replicate the tailwheel. I've got photos covered with the fairings but none "nekkid". Mitch Waco brotherhood #100 AMA CFII

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

There are tailwheel pics in this monster somewhere. I think they are several pages before the aileron pictures.
    Everybody knows you can\'\'t make a time machine out of a Tilt-A-Whirl.........-:WACO Brotherhood 25:-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Enclosed is what I have
    TR
    the one at the bottom is a UPF-7
    two of them are Mike Barbies during construction of his current Genesis plane.
    The others are YMF-5 from two different CD's\ Aero Detail Series Model Activity Press Ltd, and Airborne Media Aero Pac
    Also for scale springs go to Gary Hilderbrandt at hilderb7@hotmail.com or 352 797 5996 he is in Brooksville Fl.

Waco Brotherhood #69
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zx72102.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	704148   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sn41071.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	704149   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lr39051.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	704150   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oi15108.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	704151   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sd43863.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	704152  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wu61425.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	704153   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wu61356.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	704154   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fa85320.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	704155   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ty64066.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	109.9 KB 
ID:	704156  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Kind of hard to tell which is the model and which is the full scale is it not? Guys this is one of the things that was so impressive about being at Top Gun this year. This is the caliber of models that were prevelant there.

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: damifino

They look great.

Damn right, they do. WE got ours today at the WACO FLY-IN and have already recieved very positive comments from others on how damn good they look. Thanks a bunch, Jay. We (Ken and I) are getting ready to wear them to the Friday night dinner at Creve Coeur Airport. Things are great here at the fly-in, I have filled two 1 Gig cards and Ken is on his second 1 gig card. So far there are 30 WACO's at the field (more expected tomorrow); the kicker is that only one of them is a 1984 YMF-5, and it is a new Classic.

Ken got a ride for about 45 minutes in a UPF-7, flew up and along the Missouri and Mississippi Rivers.

Unfortunately we are unable to download pictures from the hotel computer and will post them when we get home.

Jay, Thanks again for the shirts

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hope you guys enjoy the WACO Fly-in....See if you can get us some more borthers while you are there. The full scale guys fly R/C too.

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1

Hello All

I have started working on the wing and I have a few questions. The wing mount blocks call for maple I have some oak i was thinking of using will that work as well or should I pick up the maple?
    Also I used 5/32 balsa for the ribs and I'm thinking maybe I should have cut some holes in them to lighten them up?
    One more things in the past I have used white or yellow glue to build with it takes a little more time to dry but I have had good results with it. I have not read any thing about glue preference and would like to hear what you have to say about this.
    As always your help is appreciated.

Name:	Ro41846.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	705109  
    Dan Hudson WACO Brotherhood #45
    GIT-ER-DUN \"Build a WACO\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dan,

The ribs can be lightened, but don't get carried away. I would try to use the Maple if you can find some (try Home Depot or Lowes or even Michaels or Wal-Mart) in the craft departments. The Maple is not as prone to splitting as is oak, and it is a little lighter as well. As to glue preferences, I think it is more a matter of personal preferences, but I don't like C/A especially with accelerator. I would rather see you use one of the aliphatics such as Titebond II or one of the other water based yellow glues. This is especially true if you are going to use a finishing resin on the sheeted surfaces. Resin does not want to cure where the accelerated C/A has been used for some reason. It takes overnight to cure the yellow glues, but you have additional working time, and I believe a better joint. It also sands better than the instant glued joints. Them's my opinions, and are worth what they cost you.

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well, never let it be said that insanity doesn't reign in this house hold! I am attaching a couple of photos that all of you will recognize almost instantly ! Yes, it is a 1/5 scale Pica WACO, that I purchased today. I have not inventoried the kit, but there are only a couple of wing ribs that have been punched out and they are in the box. The airplane belonged to one of our club members who has had it for some time but it was never built. Included in my purchase today was the fiberglass cowl along with the ABS cowl. All the little bags with small pieces are in the kit and 99% of the wood still has the rubberbands around it. From what I know, this must be an earlier kit as it has the 13 page instruction manual, and is the "blue box" The die cutting is very good and the kit appears to be in very good condition.

Well local technical issues have delayed the posting of photos. hope to have them up in a couple of minutes.

Computer has been tricked into doing what I want once again !!

Name:	Us53591.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	705362   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lh18270.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	705363  
    Jim,
    WACO Brotherhood #3, AMA 816592, IMAA 41683,

Jim
    You have to be living right Looks the way mine started many years go.
    Larry K
    Larry K
    Sig Brotherhood # 1 Sig Kadet Brotherhood # 4 WACO Brotherhood #34 Cub Brotherhood 14

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bill and the rest,

We (Ken and I) have been talking, sweating, taking pictures, sweating, been asked about the Brotherhood, sweating, explaining what we are all about, sweating and have talked with quite a few RC/Full size guys and invited them to look us up. I got my UPF-7 ride today, what a blast. Had to take my hat off, it was in the way for pictures (and my head is a little more aerodynamic with out a hat). Did I mention that we have been sweating in the 95° heat, low breezes and high humidity? Pictures in a few days, will have to sort them out a bit. Most everybody that flew in will be leaving tomorrow to go home.

A special event for a very nice gentalman from England, Mr. Desmond Ponrose, a former deHavilland (sp?) Test Pilot, was allowed to fly solo in the DH-4 I posted pictures of a page or 2 back. He was absolutely thrilled to do so and became emotional talking about the experiance and opportunity to do. Even though this was not a WACO, it was one of the major highlights of the event as most of the members watched his flight. Congratulations Mr Penrose.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Jim,

Use the ABS cowl to make a YMF cowl, you already have the fiberglass UMF cowl. The trick will be to find a UMF that was converted to a YMF and find the documentation.