Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 156 of 705 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206256656 ... LastLast
Results 3,876 to 3,900 of 17607

Thread: WACO YMF

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: WACO YMF

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

How much battery does anyone think that would be required to power landing lights and navigation lights (no strobes) that would be 2 landing lights, one red and one green wingtip lightsm a red anti-collision light and a white tail light?

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1
    Bill- I don't know what the electronic experts would say - but in my case I have a RAM HI Intensity flashing system that will take a 9V alkaline or a 6 cell Nicd pack. This higher voltage is needed to run the circuit board that has the flasher unit in it. I also have some Hi Intensity LEDs on a separate circuit for the landing lights. These are rated at 3 to 4.5 v. I will use a 900 Mah 3 cell AAA pack giving me 3.6V but at full charge 4.2 or so Volts. A 4 cell pack at full charge is over 5V so is no good. These LEDs draw so little that I think this setup will work for me. I will have 4 landing lights and if when I test them I see that they are not as bright as they should be I'll just add another cell!
    Hope this makes sense. I blew 4 LEDs finding out that they don't like to be over stressed!! One went off like a 22 cartridge in my hands - no damage except frayed nerves. Fortunately the supplier replaced them as he had said they were 6V!!
    Jim, MAAC #5343
    WACO Brotherhood #56

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bill, I have 2 night flyers of which one is a baby Waco from a Dumas kit. If you have any electronics background the simple use of OHM's law will allow you to calculate the proper dropping resistor for the SUPERBRIGHT LEDs. The schematic shows how I did it for the Waco. In the photo the left wing tip light is really red but it looks yellow. I highly recommend the SUPERBRIGHT LEDs. The web address is on the schematic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qo40778.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	66.0 KB 
ID:	780029   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Av69824.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	104.1 KB 
ID:	780030  
    Ken
    WACO Brotherhood #70, Arlington TX home of the Dallas Cowboys, SupBowl45, Texas Rangers, World Series 2010, 2011

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Guys. I just need to decide whether I want flashing lights or constant on.

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1
    Its easy, just glue all the pieces together, and sand off everything that doesnt look like an airplane.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: khodges

Hey, Bill--- did you see F. Tiano's post over on the Scale forum about a "no weight limit" event there in Lakeland?

Maybe we can bust their chops, get Waco Joe to lend us his full-scale UPF, convert it to R/C,( or get him to fly it with his head down) and fly it there. You'll probably be a judge, we'll be a shoe-in for the WACO Brotherhood to take top honors.

Ya Think?????
    Yep, Saw it. Volunteered for it. Joe ain't about to lend you no full scale Waco. He's seen your landings.

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1

Seriously, and not trying to turn this thread into anything like the AMA forum, but I think it's time to revisit some, "Chicken Little" issues like the 55 lb. weight rule. That (and a few others) read like they were written by some scared old women. We have the technology, We have the hardware, We have the ability, so why not?
    Its easy, just glue all the pieces together, and sand off everything that doesnt look like an airplane.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I would like to join the Brotherhood. I have a YMF-3/5 in the box ready to start (as soon as I finish my H9 AT-6). I also have a UPF as my PC screen saver . I am a two-wing, round engine addict from way back. I really enjoy this forum. Red 1.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

For your possible interest! Specs of WMF N911SW Waco YMF-5C. Perhaps check your measurements!!

Name:	He97431.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	154.6 KB 
ID:	780251   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rm37830.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	74.3 KB 
ID:	780252  
    Jim, MAAC #5343
    WACO Brotherhood #56

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: red1

I would like to join the Brotherhood. I have a YMF-3/5 in the box ready to start (as soon as I finish my H9 AT-6). I also have a UPF as my PC screen saver . I am a two-wing, round engine addict from way back. I really enjoy this forum. Red 1.
    If you will look back at page 190, you will find the current roster (I move it up every 10 pages), where you will find that red1 is listed as Brother #71. Welcome aboard, and we all hope you enjoy yourself. There is much to be learned here. John sees to that.

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

As promised, here are the photo's of the engine installation, with the Zenoah mounted. Check the spacers. They really came out well, and this is the easiest engine mount that I have ever done on one of these. If you will notice, there will not be much of the cowl cut out. Just 3 little holes. One for the spark plug, one for the high-tension lead, and one for the exhaust. Not too bad.

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1

Name:	Xv64717.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	780477   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bw72945.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	780478   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mr41792.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	780479   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ke91816.jpg 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	780480   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yj63957.jpg 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	780481  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Iz37900.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	780482  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

stickbuilder that zenoah is mounted real neat. Is that the G23 or 26?
    I got the cox 1/5 and to me it kinda looked like I was going to have to cut a lot of cowl. but looking at yours I am going to give it another shot. What muffler are you going to use on that. If you go with the slimline pitts the cheapest place I know to get them is chief aircraft

r/c john

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bill
    Is your email working. I need to talk to you about the landing gear for the Pica and others.
    TRlamb
    Waco Brotherhood # 69

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

TR,

I sent you a pm.

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: r/c John

stickbuilder that zenoah is mounted real neat. Is that the G23 or 26?
    I got the cox 1/5 and to me it kinda looked like I was going to have to cut a lot of cowl. but looking at yours I am going to give it another shot. What muffler are you going to use on that. If you go with the slimline pitts the cheapest place I know to get them is chief aircraft

r/c john
    John,

It's the G-26. I'm using the stock muffler. It will require one hole for the exhaust dump, one for the Spark plug, and one for the plug wire. Everything else fits inside.

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Bill,

Did you make those spacers yourself? It looks like you soft mounted the engine with those. Can you tell us more about how you made them?

Thanks!

Shawn

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: 412t1

Hi Bill,

Did you make those spacers yourself? It looks like you soft mounted the engine with those. Can you tell us more about how you made them?

Thanks!

Shawn
    At the local Ace Hardware, there is a flat bin with nylon spacers inside. These are a little larger than 1/2" in outside diameter, and they are 1/2" high. They are made from a Delrin/Nylon alloy. I took some fender washers that were for a #6 bolt, and stacked them up, and clamped them in my drill press vice. I drilled them to accept a #8 bolt. Next, I installed a bolt through a washer, the spacer, and another washer. I screwed a nut on the end, and tightened the assembly finger tight, lining the whole thing up. I used medium CA and glued the washers and the spacer together. It works perfectly, and the spacing is right on the money too. It is light, and very accurate. Check the thickness of the fender washers, since there can be some variance in the thickness of them.

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Looks good Stickbuilder. The cowling plug is in primer now with proper blisters attached and faired in. If things goes well I should be able to send it to Stan's this Friday. Just need to sand it again and probably do at least one more coat of primer, then sand (some more) and paint it.
    Everybody knows you can\'\'t make a time machine out of a Tilt-A-Whirl.........-:WACO Brotherhood 25:-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Guys,

I just got off the phone with Terry (TRLambsr) and we need to start leaning on Sierra Giant about the gear. I am sending him the houseofmoy link so that he can get the dimensions of the gear that we need. In turn, we need to support his efforts, by ordering a set of these gear from him. They will be scale, not only in appearance, but in the mechanism as well. And we should get the scale ribs that are incorporated in the gear so that we can have a scale gear leg cover as well. I will e-mail him the information tonight. How bout it? Can we support his efforts enough to make it worthwhile for him to do this for us?

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACo Brotherhood #1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Terry,

I have not received your e=mail yet.

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Terry,

I have Darrell's e-mail address and phone number. I will call him tomorrow, and will get him what he needs.

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just sent Darrell an e-mail, and I have his phone number. I will call him in the morning. I'm going to hate to do it, but it looks like the WACO is going to get another surgery. Scale landing gear.......WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the information on the spacers, Bill. Great idea! I'll try it out on my next project.

I've been following this thread for a while and have received some much needed help from you guys as well as contributed a little. I would like to join the Brotherhood if I may...I have the Cox Waco and am looking at getting a Barth Waco in the near future.

Keep up the great work!!

Shawn

Name:	Lj23820.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	780678  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sorry about the huge picture...not sure what happened.

Shawn

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dang,

Full scale huh???????

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sean,

If you look back at page 190, you will find that 412t1 is now WACO Brother #72. Welcome, and enjoy.

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

To All,

I received an e-mail today, from the President of the National Waco Owners Club, inviting us to attend the club's reunion and fly in that will be held at the end of June 2008. They would very much like us to attend, and bring flying models of Waco's. They are happy to have us in their midst, and there are many owners who would love to have their Waco's modelled. Everyone think about this. We have talked about having a get together, and I can't think of a better place to meet, than in the middle of all the flyable Waco's in the country.

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hi all finally got the plans from AMA been working on the top wing , can't seem to find n-strut braces with notch's for brackets , or the brackets themselvs [got kit on e-bay] not all here , are you useing the brackets or other means of attachment thanks.

WB 67
    charlie AMA 8916
    WACO brotherhood #67