Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 44 of 715 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144544 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 17852

Thread: WACO YMF

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: WACO YMF

#1- I got the e-mail. No problem making them, however, let me know Monday your thinking on the thickness. I'm thinking around .050 stainless. I'll knock the corners down so you won't get cut, OK?

#2- Landing gear spring eye is no problem either, gimme a bolt size and I'll do up a couple of long ones so you can cut to lenth.

#3- I can wait on the wood parts drawings. Hopefully the web page deal will work. If not, the USPS can bring them to me.
    STICK- You think the .050 stainless will be okay? Oh, I'm kinda partial to the number 21. You think I am worthy of the Brotherhood???....... I own One, I've ridden in One and I've got the ball'sa to build One.........
    Everybody knows you can\'\'t make a time machine out of a Tilt-A-Whirl.........-:WACO Brotherhood 25:-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: damifino

#1- I got the e-mail. No problem making them, however, let me know Monday your thinking on the thickness. I'm thinking around .050 stainless. I'll knock the corners down so you won't get cut, OK?

#2- Landing gear spring eye is no problem either, gimme a bolt size and I'll do up a couple of long ones so you can cut to lenth.

#3- I can wait on the wood parts drawings. Hopefully the web page deal will work. If not, the USPS can bring them to me.
    STICK- You think the .050 stainless will be okay? Oh, I'm kinda partial to the number 21. You think I am worthy of the Brotherhood???....... I own One, I've ridden in One and I've got the ball'sa to build One.........
    Yes, Yes and Yes. Let's try one that is 8-32, and one that is 6-32. I think that the .050 stainless will be just fine. Yes, you are welcome to the Brotherhood, but the #21 already belongs to WACO one. I am moving the roster to this page, and will assign you the next number.

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1
    Its easy, just glue all the pieces together, and sand off everything that doesnt look like an airplane.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder
    Okay, Here is the roster to date.

WACO BROTHERHOOD MEMBERSHIP:

#1 stickbuilder
    #2 Hughes500E
    #3 Jim Henley
    #4 mmattockx
    #5 CTflyboy
    #6 michaelj2k
    #7 Ronj10
    #8 gwulle
    #9 jim schroer
    #10 Skinny Bob
    #11 Bart5495
    #12 Pimmnz
    #13 HarryJ
    No. 14 Old Git
    #15 ChrisMH
    #16 Nerevar
    #17 Ricatic
    #18 Clay H.
    #19 Tripp2Loo
    #20 KHodges
    #21 Bill Hogue (WACO One)
    #22 Mangolo (Waldo)
    #23 av8ter
    #24 yel914
    #25 damifino
    #26 skylarkmk1
    #27 Jacque
    #28 Edwin
    #29 AROPLANE
    #30 CubNut (Anthony)

#47 Todd (NightStalker)

#66 Mobyal

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1
    Its easy, just glue all the pieces together, and sand off everything that doesnt look like an airplane.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Hughes500E

I'm not sure the conversation would turn negative, it's important, however, I do stand corrected in light of the above, many thanks.
    Steve,

You are not corrected in any manner. All my kit boxes show the grouped blisters, as do the plans that I pulled from the boxes tonight (randomly) I don't have a clue as to why they show them that way. I did mine from photo's that I found on the website for the WACO Owner's Club. I did not know that I might have been doing mine the wrong way. After looking at several pictures of various WACO's, I am more confused than anyone else. The Contraversy rages on...[:-]

Bill, AMa 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Okay, I have an, "IF" for everyone. It is a pretty big If right now. If I can get Mace Gill interested in doing so, would anyone seriously be interested in getting a kit custom cut by him. He has the Aeroplane Works, and is (IMHO) the best kit cutter out there, Bar None. Or would you guys rather have a, "Short Kit"? or would you rather just cut it yourselves? Please think this one over, and remember, a machine cut kit will always be a better fitting kit than a die crunched kit. Mace does first class work, and I would expect to pay a little more for one that he cut than one that was smashed out by dull dies.

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bill,
    I would order a kit from Mace Gill anytime, he is the best of the best. Count me in.
    Harry J
    Waco Brotherhood Lucky #13

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Steve,

I just e-mailed Brad. Hopefully we will get an answer promptly.

Harry,

figured you would want one of these. They should be a sweet build. Since the parts templates would already be available to him, I think that Mace will want to at least think about this one.

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

And as the late (Greater) John Wayne once said,........."NOT HARDLY"!!!

The very Idea an Air Scout Butter Bar, in the same general area of a Master Chief, and one who was Chief of the Boat as well.....The very idea.....

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1

I like your quote. My bars were silver, however, and had I listened to the OIC of Retention and agreed to extend my stay in Uncle Sam's Flying Circus, I would have had R.R. tracks, I was Board Select for Captain when I quit. One of the bigger mistakes I ever made (getting out). I could have had my 20 in this year, hopefully with gold leaves.

At any rate, at Mach .75 at FL430 I never had to worry about a Master Chief shoving a torp up my behind. (I mean, you really got to wonder about somebody who'd climb into a steel pipe, screw it shut, and intentionally sink it.)

As for the cowl controversy, not trying to rattle anyone's cage. I've seen the same thing with the cowls available to us from many suppliers,(variation in bliste spacing, actual diameter, etc) and have wondered why they vary so much. I agree, too with the statement about stand-off scale. I only wish I could afford (and have a place to put) the Genesis Waco, where the details can REALLY shine.

No offense meant, Hughes.
    Club Saito #2, WACO Brotherhood #20. What other trouble can I get into?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Genesis Waco YMF 33% tailwheel from Century Jet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Uc89473.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	609677  
    Harry J

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Okay, I have an, "IF" for everyone. It is a pretty big If right now. If I can get Mace Gill interested in doing so, would anyone seriously be interested in getting a kit custom cut by him. He has the Aeroplane Works, and is (IMHO) the best kit cutter out there, Bar None. Or would you guys rather have a, "Short Kit"? or would you rather just cut it yourselves? Please think this one over, and remember, a machine cut kit will always be a better fitting kit than a die crunched kit. Mace does first class work, and I would expect to pay a little more for one that he cut than one that was smashed out by dull dies.

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1
    I sure would be interested. I have followed along this thread for months now and will build one of these in the future, but I have to start my Ultra Sport 60 scratch build from RCM plans first.

Would he do both the 1/5 and 1/6 scale? Due to size constraints, I would prefer the 1/6 scale version.

-tychoc
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Regarding the cowl blisters, I have looked at all the pictures of the 'F's on the National WACO club site as well as the ones in the Raymond Brandly book on the 'F' series. In every case (except NC14031) the YMF's had evenly spaced blisters (Jacobs) and the UMF's had the paired ones (Continental). In the Brandly book, NC14031 has evenly spaced blisters and on the WACO site it has the paired ones although it is labeled there as a YMF. It apparently had an engine change sometime in it's life.

Bill Hogue
    WACO Brotherhood #21

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Genesis Waco 33% main gear by Century Jets.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xv65777.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	609719  
    Harry J

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bill (Stickbuilder)
    Do you have any plans on reworking the N struts to speed up set up time at the field?
    I often think about cutting them in half and hinging them up at the wing surface top & bottom, and when the two pieces meet join them with a piece of aluminum (airfoil shape) pinned top& bottom,
    But i'm not sure how strong it would be.

George
    WACO Brotherhood # 5
    Remember, Man\'\'s 2nd greatest adventure is FLYING, LANDING is his FIRST.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Tychock,

I do not have any information or drawings available for anything but the 1/5th scale version. If you have the drawings, or templates available, give it a try. I am sure that Mace, or any of the other kit cutters would be interested, providing that the demand was there for the product. It appears to be a fairly expensive proposition to set up the equipment for cutting a kit. I know from experience how difficult it becomes to cut one or two kits even when you have the templates. Every part that is not a straight piece of wood must be hand cut and finished. Plan on about 30 minutes to an hour per part.

Bill

George,

If I do anything to the Interplane struts, it probably will slow assembly down even more. I was planning to use the new set of mounts from damifino. I would use the stainless steel angle brackets to mount the new Interplane anchor/flying wire padeyes to. He (damifino) and I have even been discussing how to mount the upper cabanes to the top wing in a more scale like fashion, with an adjustable clevis style mount that would enable changing the incidence of the top wing. I don't think that any of this would serve to speed up assembly. Why don't you use a hinge at the top wing, and a bolt and nut arrangement for the bottom wing? That should speed up your assembly time at the field. I would think that you could fasten the hinge to the wing (before covering) using a bolt and aircraft locking nut and let the assembly fold against the bottom of the top wing. Use T-nuts at the bottom wing brackets and lock them down with a pair of socket head cap screws. It won't look scale, but it would be quick.

Bill, AMa 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: khodges

I like your quote. My bars were silver, however, and had I listened to the OIC of Retention and agreed to extend my stay in Uncle Sam's Flying Circus, I would have had R.R. tracks, I was Board Select for Captain when I quit. One of the bigger mistakes I ever made (getting out). I could have had my 20 in this year, hopefully with gold leaves.

At any rate, at Mach .75 at FL430 I never had to worry about a Master Chief shoving a torp up my behind. (I mean, you really got to wonder about somebody who'd climb into a steel pipe, screw it shut, and intentionally sink it.)

That from an Oscar Deuce, who rode in a target..... Really????? mach .75, at level 430 ???

Just remember, when one receives his commission, one becomes an Officer and a Gentleman. And it took an act of congress to make him one. . (gotcha)

The intentionally sink it thing comes from a couple of items called Nads, Cajones, Balls, etc. Don't bother looking in your Val-Pak for them. The U.S.A. & F. does not issue them. (they don't have any to issue in the first place, and in the second place they wouldn't know where to find any, since the Submarine Sailors do not talk to them in the first place) (gotcha again)

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1

No offense taken, bro. It's the old officer vs raghat thing. Been going on since Noah.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well, I would be interested in a short kit. Even plans and templates. Sounds like a good opertunity. Sign me up. Without going back thru the whole thread, who is selling the plans!
    Edwin

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What's the word from your webmaster on the parts tracings? And what is his web address?

A short kit? Probably, but need $$$ info first.....

EDWIN- The AMA store has them in their plans catalog.
    Everybody knows you can\'\'t make a time machine out of a Tilt-A-Whirl.........-:WACO Brotherhood 25:-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bill --
    I vote for a kit from Mace, and if you have him do a run, put me down for one. His stuff is absolutely first class.
    Al

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1
    MobyAl

Anybody ever get glow fuel in your eyes. Well, it hurts and stings like you know what. I'm headed to the eye doctor today. Wear safety glasses gentilmen, you never know. I've read of aviators getting jet fuel in the eyes after ditching in the sea. I can't understand how they handled it.
    I would like a kit too Bill.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

STICK- I've got 2 sets (28 pieces) of brackets ready for you. Plan on doing the spring things tonight. I have only found 8-32 size stuff that are suitable, I think it will be fine. 6-32 looks really small. PM me your address or, better yet, come up here and help us get all these cars ready for Daytona...........You could go back home on the 10th of February!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Edwin,

The plans are available from the AMA plans service. Supposed to be all pages. I will scan and post the manual, and ChrisMH is doing the web thing. He will post the address (maybe tonight). The parts files are to be free, as is the manual. Any cheaper, and I would have to pay you to take them. [8D]

Bart,

Hope everything is okay with your eyes. Let us know how you are doing.

damifino,

I just sent you a PM with the address.

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The parts are posted on the Website Courtesy of ChrisMH. The web address is:

http://houseofmoy.com/waco/

www.houseofmoy.com/waco/ Click on this one, and it should open.

Thanks Chris.

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'll do the tail parts next, and then the wings and associated parts. This is fairly time consuming to do, and I want to make sure that I do not miss any parts.

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I really appreciate the effort stickbuilder, thanks a ton.
    Edwin

Thank God no damage to my Cornia/Retina's. Just alot of pain and redness for a few more days the doctor say's. I'm requiring my entire crew to wear safety glasses and goggles when we replace fuel filters on customers cars.
    Did anyone see that 1/5 th scale waco for sale out of California listed in the rcuniverse adds?