Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 616 of 707 FirstFirst ... 116516566606614615616617618626666 ... LastLast
Results 15,376 to 15,400 of 17674

Thread: WACO YMF

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: WACO YMF

Hi guys,

My name is James, and I would like to become a member of the WACO Brotherhood. I was referred to this forum by George Waco brother #209 (rccrasher65). I recently purchased a 1/6 Pica Waco YMF-3 kit from George, on behalf of a friend of mine. I already have the 1/6 kit myself, and we are both planning on building them soon. We both have a Technopower 7B radial for power, which should be about as scale as we can get it. i am looking forward to the build, and reading through this massive and informative thread. Thanks guys.

Regards,

James.
    WACO Brotherhood #228
    Ryan STA/STM Brotherhood #26

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

NEW BROTHER ALERT !!!!

We have a new Brother. Welcome James (jymster) . You are Brother #228
    Hope you have a good time with it.

Bill, Waco Brother #1
    Its easy, just glue all the pieces together, and sand off everything that doesnt look like an airplane.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Cool! Thanks Bill. I feel all warm and tingly inside!
    WACO Brotherhood #228

James, welcome to the big show. I'm glad my kit found a new home with Craige. It was definately hard to part with, but wife says hanger getting too large, and I have to down size a little. George
    George Waco brother#209

Welcome to the Brotherhood James, Great bunch of guys here ready to help in any way.
    Iā€™m getting on the big plane to Wisconsin (Kenosha) today to go see my Mom for the week end I wonder if Kenosha boys fly RC??
    Dan Hudson WACO Brotherhood #45
    GIT-ER-DUN \"Build a WACO\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

HI, this Manuel from Spain.I got the great planes waco.i will mount on it the saito 200 r 3. and now i,m searching from a scale prop hub or nut.some body knows when i can fin it??

thanks a lot for help.[8D]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi tmac

Here are the pics of my dash temporarily mounted as promised. Took a while but as they say, better late than never.

Regards

ERROL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yw66604.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	1801011   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mh19010.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	1801012  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Errol, that really looks great. I found that I could do away with the small sub formers so as to get a better look at the dash, yours would look even better if they did not obscurer the view of your dash.
    Regards tmac.

Name:	Zx70701.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	240.5 KB 
ID:	1801046   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pk30185.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	134.6 KB 
ID:	1801047   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bg92532.jpg 
Size:	197.6 KB 
ID:	1801048  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

tmac

I will have a look at the sub formers. The panels are .4mm ply so I am not sure they will be rigid enough without the sub formers. Will see when I get there.

Regards

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi guys, before I start my Pica 1/6 Waco build, I thought I would share some pics of the little test bed model I was flying a couple of years ago. It is a Sportsman Aviation Waco UPF-7, which I repainted in a military trainer scheme (http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/photo/488604.html). It had a Technopower 7B radial. It flew brilliantly with this engine, but unfortunately the engine went "bang" at full noise at a scale display, and it has been pulled apart and sitting in 16 little containers until I find the time to repair it. I have the new parts now, so I should be able to put it back together very soon. I might even get the little UPF-7 back in the air while I am building the YMF, as it was so much fun. Can't wait to start on the Pica kit.

James.

Name:	Ig12733.jpg 
Size:	183.9 KB 
ID:	1801475   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zu65303.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	172.9 KB 
ID:	1801476   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bh94526.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	177.0 KB 
ID:	1801477   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jd87672.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	169.7 KB 
ID:	1801478   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bn77167.jpg 
Size:	180.5 KB 
ID:	1801479  

WACO Brotherhood #228

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ceije
    ORIGINAL: georgewaldrop
    to all, if your looking for the pica plans and having trouble with the web site AMA has the 1/6, and the 1/5 scale in stock along with the patterns that Stickbuilder submitted centuries ago. if your looking for larger plans they AMA can blow the 1/5 scale up tp whatever you want. Greg, who works this dept. has a new copier that does the enlargements without distorsions. both dan and i have the 1/4 90in. wingspan blowup of which he is building as we speak and i also have a set blown to 1/3 scale about 122in. wingspan for a future project.

Happy hunting

Chris Melhus, ceije 196
    Chris,

Do you recall, offhand, what the charge was for the ''blown up'' plans? I have the 1/6 plans I snagged off the internet somewhere long ago, as well as the 1/5 scale information and plans I snagged off the MOY site long ago...I also have a 1/5 scale PICA Kit yet to build, but am very interested in building a 1/4 or 1/3 scale version down the road...Thanks in advance for the info!
    George, As i recall they printed both a 1/4 and a 1/3 scale copy plus all the patterns and Dan Hudson's wing modification ribs, if i remember correctly for 135.00 shipping included. They were rolled and in a tube. Please keep in mind it takes time for these plans to be printed due to the size if you order have patience. Make sure you tell Greg you want the patterns and Dan's rib mods. sometimes they forget.
    Good Luck and happy scratch building.[8D][8D]

Chris Melhus ceije 196

''Sometimes you have to build it a little wrong, to make it look right.''-DAVE PLATT-
    Chris,

Thanks for the info! Sorry it took so long for me to get back...I stopped getting emails [notifications] from the thread, and haven't checked the thread manually till now. I appreciate the information and will probably be checking with the AMA Plans Service soon!
    George Waldrop~AMA-L1307~IMAA-LM207~Have a Blessed Day!
    Waco Brotherhood #151 ~~ Carl Goldberg Ultimate Brotherhood #58

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sorry ./. Dupe post

George, did you say the cost of the 1/4 scale plans from the AMA are $135.00 shipped, that sounds expensive for a set plans.
    George Waco brother#209

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rccrasher65

George, did you say the cost of the 1/4 scale plans from the AMA are $135.00 shipped, that sounds expensive for a set plans.
    George,

Actually no...That was a quote of a response TO me BY "chris melhus ceije 196", AND it was a price for [as I understand it] two sets of enlarged plans (enlarged from the 1/5 Pica Waco plans), one set at 1/4 and the other at 1/3 PLUS it included enlarged templates of the Pica parts as well as enlarged templates of the modified wing tip ribs by Dan Hudson...possibly a bit on the high side, but not terribly so, since you are talking about enlarging plans at two different scales from a third [original] scale and all the templates included...if they are accurate, they would be good plans and it would involve a fair amount of labor all things considered.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Anybody else noticed how many other Brotherhoods have sprung up lately? Maybe we should have copyrighted that word.......Guess they noticed how successful ours was and are hoping for the best.

Bill, Waco Brother #1
    Its easy, just glue all the pieces together, and sand off everything that doesnt look like an airplane.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Bill, yes, I just noticed the same thing. After becoming a member of the Waco Brotherhood, I have now noticed so many other Brotherhoods out there.
    WACO Brotherhood #228

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Bill,

I will be visiting friends in Wildwood the week of November 11 through the 17. Perhaps I can visit you and your shop during the first part of the week? I won't have any planes with me but it would be fun to see some local modelers flying.

Jaybird

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Jaybird

Hi Bill,

I will be visiting friends in Wildwood the week of November 11 through the 17. Perhaps I can visit you and your shop during the first part of the week? I won't have any planes with me but it would be fun to see some local modelers flying.

Jaybird
    Look forward to it.

Bill, Waco Brother #1

Yea I've noticed, also noticed the they have no problems with their email like we do, seems funny, that this forum has the problem, and no other, just emailed RCU for some answeres, we'll see what they say. Its finally fixed, Thanks RCU.
    George Waco brother#209

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: georgewaldrop

ORIGINAL: rccrasher65

George,

Actually no...That was a quote of a response TO me BY ''chris melhus ceije 196'', AND it was a price for [as I understand it] two sets of enlarged plans (enlarged from the 1/5 Pica Waco plans), one set at 1/4 and the other at 1/3 PLUS it included enlarged templates of the Pica parts as well as enlarged templates of the modified wing tip ribs by Dan Hudson...possibly a bit on the high side, but not terribly so, since you are talking about enlarging plans at two different scales from a third [original] scale and all the templates included...if they are accurate, they would be good plans and it would involve a fair amount of labor all things considered.
    again, let me see if i can break this down a little more $35.00 per set of plans X 2, 1/4 scale and 1/3 scale= $70.00 plus $35.00 for enlargement services plus charges for Dan's rib/wing modification and then there's tax =around $125.00. i origionaly said $135.00 i was a little off, sorry didn't mean to scare anyone.[8D]

chris melhus ceije 196

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

FINALLY!This opened right up through my email link!

Joe

"When you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

AMA # 8870, Member since 1978.
    Waco Brotherhood # 219.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

again, let me see if i can break this down a little more $35.00 per set of plans X 2, 1/4 scale and 1/3 scale= $70.00 plus $35.00 for enlargement services plus charges for Dan's rib/wing modification and then there's tax =around $125.00. i origionaly said $135.00 i was a little off, sorry didn't mean to scare anyone.[8D]

chris melhus ceije 196
    Chris,

Broken down this way, it seems even cheaper! $35 per set is not out of line for almost any plans, but I haven't seen many 1/4 or 1/3 scale plans commercially available for anywhere near $35 in a good while...sounds like a deal to me! Thanks for the clarification/update!

Joe, I finally got word the problem has been solved, I guess you know already by your post, my email link opened up instantly also. Thanks RCU.
    George Waco brother#209

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Guys, the problem with using enlarged plans from the Pica is that you will wind up with a very big model of the Waco that is not very scale. The wing plan is all wrong and some of the fuse and tailfeathers are wrong too. You would be just as well off using the Pepino plan set and hoping for a scale outline.

Bill, Waco Brother #1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I was remembering the comments about the inaccuracies on the Pica plan...did you ever get your true scale 25% scale plans done Bill? One of these days I WILL get another Waco built!