Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 75 of 715 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175575 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 17860

Thread: WACO YMF

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: WACO YMF

ORIGINAL: khodges

Wow.

Man, can you wax eloquent. You can wax poetic. Can you wax my plane?

That was nicely said, Master Chief, and I appreciate the compliment. If I can even be considered the least of these Brothers and their building abilities, then I have achieved more than I could have hoped for.

John, thanks for all those links; I'm constantly looking for new sources of info, and I added all those to My Favorites.

I'll be happy to wax your plane. Box it up and ship it to me. [8D][8D][8D]...I might test fly it for you too.....I'll return it to you....I promise

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1
    Its easy, just glue all the pieces together, and sand off everything that doesnt look like an airplane.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Jim,

I left an important link off the above list. It is the House of Moy WACO Page http://www.houseofmoy.com/waco/ . ChrisMH has created it to suppliment this thread. You can find the plans for the 1/5th (3 pages), 1/6th (2 pages) and the short instructions (18 pages, revised), all in PDF format. Down load them to your computer, then you can at least read them while you wait for hard copy. If you can copy them to a "jump drive" or to disc, then your local Kinko's can print them for you. If that won't work, send me a PM and I'll send you a copy. I am revising the longer, 45 page instructions, but am only about half way thru them. The short instructions are enough to build either kit from (the kits are the same from what I can tell, just different sizes, so watch out for what is called for, use the plans size), the longer one just breaks the short into more steps. (Instead of - Step 1 - Glue parts A and B to part C, it reads - Step 1 - Glue part A to part C, Step 2 - Glue part B to part C.)
    John F Howard (aka skylarkmk1)
    AMA 10955, WACO Brotherhood #26, AWC, NWC

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah - What happened to Chris? Haven't heard from him in over a month... Hope he didn't over dose on Solid Works

Nightstalker
    Doggie 47

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

NS,

Last I heard he was working on his Super Skybolt, letting his wife choose the colors a few days ago.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: skylarkmk1

NS,

Last I heard he was working on his Super Skybolt, letting his wife choose the colors a few days ago.
    That can be dangerous. I let my Wife choose the color, and wound up with Tinkerbell as the pilot. You never know what those gal's will come up with.

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1
    Its easy, just glue all the pieces together, and sand off everything that doesnt look like an airplane.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

ORIGINAL: skylarkmk1

NS,

That can be dangerous. I let my Wife choose the color, and wound up with Tinkerbell as the pilot. You never know what those gal's will come up with.

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1
    Tink was (and is) the Pilot... long before you ever built that WACO... just ask her...

Nightstalker

Doggie 47

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sigh, True, sad, but true.

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Its good to see the interest in the pica ymf 5 waco. I built 2 of these & both fly great. Iam trying to send a picture of my waco hope it goes . How does one become apart of this brotherhood.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fd92924.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	115.1 KB 
ID:	658440  

Everybody must be in their workshops today, or out hiding Easter eggs. Well, I've not been hiding eggs. I made the tank cover for the top wing today, along with the filler caps and vents. The vents still need a question mark shaped tube, but I'll wait til the plane is done to add them. The cover is 1/64 ply; the edge is 1/4 inch pinstriping tape, to make a raised edge, and a thicker piece down the centerline is also 1/64 ply. The fillers are 5/16 styrene tubing. I capped them with 0.15 styrene sheet and wound a piece of 1/8 styrene strip around the end and sanded the edge round to make the cap. The vent is 3/16 styrene tube with a tiny piece of 1/8 aluminum tubing inside it and a small circle of 0.15 styrene for a flange at the bottom. I'll make the curved tube from 12 gauge electrical wire with a short piece of insulation on it, and Ca it in the hole. Should look pretty close.

I also cut slots above and below the H stab to mimic the trim mechanism. I did the same thing on my L-4 and it came out pretty good. The inside gets painted flat black. I took the top wing outside and brushed on the first coat of nitrate dope. There was enough breeze blowing that the dope dried by the time I went from one end to the other. Dang, I forget how much that stuff stinks.

Obo, that is a great looking airplane. I'm guessing that's about a 1.50 Saito in there?. I was looking at painting mine the same color (cream) but couldn't find the shade I wanted, and then ran across an old color pattern. The pic is B&W, so I don't know the exact colors but decided on a light yellow and cherry red.

You own a WACO and (I assume) love WACO's, that qualifies you for membership. The Master Chief (Stickbuilder) is the Quartermaster in charge of Brotherhood Numbers. He'll dole out the proper digits, or you can choose your own as long as it isn't already taken. Welcome to the Club!!!!

Name:	Ig11203.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	658441   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gb88317.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	658442   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ec89237.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	658443  
    Club Saito #2, WACO Brotherhood #20. What other trouble can I get into?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well thanks for the reply Khodges .Waco's has been my love in biplanes for a long time. I would like to build that 1/3 scale Waco that Rc Showcase has but it lots of $$$$. I may still some day when I have money I don't know what to do with lol.

ORIGINAL: obo

I would like to build that 1/3 scale Waco that Rc Showcase has but it lots of $$$$. I may still some day when I have money I don't know what to do with lol.
    You and me both, Brother And while I'm at it, put a Seidel or the RCS 215 radial in it.

I'd like to see more pics of your WACO's if you have them.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sorry had to step out I can get you some pictures but I will have to take some. How soon will you be done with yours

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok Khodges here some pic's getting late here so pic may seam a little dark. Your right it is a Satio 150 on it with futaba radio. covered in 21st centure fabric. I haven't got the pilot yet it scream for one.

Name:	Bz76991.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	658483   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bw72913.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	658484   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ex69263.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	658485  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Spent the afternoon working on the link between the upper and lower ailerons, and getting the aileron contour to match the wing.
    Tomorrow I'll put some fiberglass resin on the links to strenthen the balsa.

Name:	Ay73583.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	74.2 KB 
ID:	658581   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Av68186.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	658582  
    Jim,
    WACO Brotherhood #3, AMA 816592, IMAA 41683,

How soon will you be done with yours
    Sometimes it seems like I'll never get done. All I have left is doping the fabric, painting, final assembly, flying wires and whatever little details I seem to have forgotten. I'm hoping by Memorial Day or slightly sooner.

Jim, Lookin' good. Do you have a completion date in mind?

I was looking at Fiberglass Specialties website today. I have to order a replacement cowl for my Sportsman UPF (I had an "oops" the other day) Anyway, I noticed that right after the Pica cowl (part# DP-7) there was a dummy radial also available (part #DP-7DRE). Does anyone know how good it looks? As for the cowl, and I'm sure someone has already said, is it a true YMF cowl or a UMF cowl?

My UPF will fly again, but I bounced a landing the other day, broke the prop but didn't kill the engine, and when I tried to climb out, realized the prop was broke, killed the engine before it tore itself off the firewall, and made a hasty deadstick landing before I ran out of runway, and groundlooped it (actually a double endo'er end). bent the wing struts, cracked the top wing where it joins, bent the gear and crunched the cowl. I may have to strip the cover to fix the wing, but I've got plenty of Solartex to recover it. I love flying the plane, but I want to finish the UMF and am torn between which one to work on.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ken,I was hoping to be ready for the Memorial Day fly. It will be close, I still have to locate a right angle exhaust adaptor for the Saito, and get the paint ordered from Klass Kote. I'm still struggling with the instrument pannel and cockpit detail. Even though there are a number of photos on the string, I just can't get it in my mind how to start. Anyway I'm making progress, slow for sure but still moving forward.
    Jim,
    WACO Brotherhood #3, AMA 816592, IMAA 41683,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

Okay, Here is the roster to date.

WACO BROTHERHOOD MEMBERSHIP:

#1 stickbuilder
    #2 Hughes500E
    #3 Jim Henley
    #4 mmattockx
    #5 CTflyboy
    #6 michaelj2k
    #7 Ronj10
    #8 gwulle
    #9 jim schroer
    #10 Skinny Bob
    #11 Bart5495
    #12 Pimmnz
    #13 HarryJ
    No. 14 Old Git
    #15 ChrisMH
    #16 Nerevar
    #17 Ricatic
    #18 Clay H.
    #19 Tripp2Loo
    #20 KHodges
    #21 Bill Hogue (WACO One)
    #22 Mangolo (Waldo)
    #23 av8ter
    #24 yel914
    #25 damifino
    #26 skylarkmk1
    #27 Jacque
    #28 Edwin
    #29 AROPLANE
    #30 CubNut (Anthony)
    #31 BQuartucy (Bob Q)
    #32 AERORON
    #33 funkymusic
    #34 RCOutlaw
    #35 obo

#47 Todd (NightStalker)

#66 Mobyal

Okay, obo...You are now officially Brother #35. Many years of flying to you.

Brothers, let's all welcome Brother obo.

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Stickbuilder ,I see in this forum you where trying to get a kit cutter to start cutting the Pica waco 1/5 scale. I was wondering if you where able to get this done. I for one, would love to buy another one . The last one I got I had to hunt everywhere to get it. This is a great kit & hate to see it go. I see Cox is ARF ing this kit now but I would rather build. I been building rc airplanes for 29yr. well again thanks for the welcome & be talking to you soon.

Bob AMA#614187
    Brotherhood #35

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Stickbuilder ,I see in this forum you where trying to get a kit cutter to start cutting the Pica waco 1/5 scale. I was wondering if you where able to get this done. I for one, would love to buy another one . The last one I got I had to hunt everywhere to get it. This is a great kit & hate to see it go. I see Cox is ARF ing this kit now but I would rather build. I been building rc airplanes for 29yr. well again thanks for the welcome & be talking to you soon.

Bob AMA#614187
    Brotherhood #35
    I have no interest in kitting this model (or any other). What we have done is to make the parts templates available through the AMA along with the plans which they already offer. There is no need to kit what is already available to kit for yourself. As to the ARF that COX offers, the structure, design, and scale outline are not even close to the original. Take a look at what Khodges has done with his ARF, and you will see what I mean.

So to your hating to see this kit go away, It has not, and will not. You just have to cut it for yourself. I'm doing one right now, and it actually fits together better than the die crunched parts that Pica offered. Have fun, and enjoy it.

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

After nearly a month hiatus I'm again cutting parts. Hope to post some pictures soon. This scratch building is FUN. If you've built a few kits and have the itch, SCRATCH IT! Brotherhood tee shirts and the carbon fiber cowling have also been on the backburner due to work commitments. Good to be back.
    Everybody knows you can\'\'t make a time machine out of a Tilt-A-Whirl.........-:WACO Brotherhood 25:-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thats good to know is there a special place in the AMA I need to call or can it be ordered thru their web site..

Bob AMA#614187
    Brotherhood #35

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bob,

I would give the AMA Plans Service a call and ask if they have the templates added to the plans yet. Stickbuilder (Bill) recently send the AMA a copy of the templates, but they may not have them ready to ship with the plans yet. The AMA# 35406, 1/5 Scale PICA KIT PLAN, WS 72. The Plans Service can be contacted by telephone at (765) 287-1256, ext. 507, or E-mail planservice@modelaircraft.org. Also see my post (#1852) above on this page about our supplimental Web Site "House of Moy" set up by ChrisMH about the plans and instructions.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Skylarkmk1, I went to the AMA site awhile ago & found it . Not sure If the temp,are ready yet eather. They say if the plans is listed in yellow the temp's are with the plans. The waco is not listed in yellow but in white ,going to call them monday to find out. I have the one waco but like to do another one in a different color & trim .

Bob AMA#614187
    Brotherhood #35

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Nightstalker

Yeah - What happened to Chris? Haven't heard from him in over a month... Hope he didn't over dose on Solid Works

Nightstalker
    Doggie 47
    I'm still lurking

I've got most of the bottom wing of the WACO solidworks-ed, but haven't had much chance to work on it lately...Finishing up my skybolt, work, etc.

But it will be finished eventually!

Chris

Chris Hogan
    WACO Brotherhood #15 - http://www.houseofmoy.com/waco

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

All,

Found another WACO Link. Rare Aircraft http://www.rareaircraft.com/index.html It does not have any YMFs but does have some very nice other WACOs with some different, very pretty color schemes.