Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 84 of 709 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184584 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 17705

Thread: WACO YMF

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: WACO YMF

Ditto on the PayPal thing. I'll be happy to use a postal money order or paersonal check and wait for it to clear, but I refuse to use paypal for all the above reasons. Sorry for whatever hassle it creates Jay, but I don't care for the way they do business.
    Club Saito #2, WACO Brotherhood #20. What other trouble can I get into?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Damifino,
    Don't take it personally,
    Your doing a great job and the t shirts look awesome.
    Your not responsible for paypal being a tad unpopular.
    I am glad for all the work you have put into this.
    If you love to build you have to pay the price
    Waco Brother #7

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I know it's not an option for most others, but hell, Jay, I'll drive to W-S and pay you cash. BTW, put me down for 2 more XL (4 total) Gotta have a couple for Sunday-go-to-meetin' clothes.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Damifino,

I will take 3 shirts when you are ready. 2 size 3xl and 1 2xl. Money order or hold my check preferred here as well.
    Ricatic
    Waco Brotherhood #17

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Okay guys, keep your pants on! We'll have this thing right before it gets the green light. Since there are concerns about Paypal we will work around it. I've spent the last 2 hours getting all the Brothers into my PM address book. One Brother I did not locate is BQuartucy #31. I also entered most all casual participants who are not Brothers in our forum. As soon as the logistics are worked out I'll PM each and every one of you with the details. The turn around time for printing is 7-10 days so it will happen fast once payments are recieved. I think 3 weeks notice is sufficient for getting payments in before printing can proceed.

Don't worry about your hard earned cash walking away; KHODGES is only 1 hour from here and I'm sure he'll back you up. I can also assure you that the MASTER CHIEF would drive 10 hours to bust my A*S if anything goes awry!! Thanks guys, I think we have at least 55 shirts spoken for at this time
    Everybody knows you can\'\'t make a time machine out of a Tilt-A-Whirl.........-:WACO Brotherhood 25:-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

damifino,

Add me to your list. 1(L) and 1(XL)

I am a sucker for a decent t-shirt especially since my current selection is getting a bit long in the tooth.

One day a waco just might jump on my building board, so many great planes to build, so little time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

All,

The list of Plans, Kits, Documentation and Things of Full Size WACOs was getting to be 3 full pages long, so ChrisMH (WB #15) has converted my MS Word document to PDF format and posted it on his site http://www.houseofmoy.com/waco to be available to all. Thank you Chris.

The plans list is not just about YMF/UMF WACOs, but covers various early models like the Model 10, and open cockpit and cabin models as well such as UPF & YMF to SRE & YKS and more. (hey khodges, there are even plans for a N model, you know, the one with tricycle gear )

For those of us that might not be builders there are ARFs out there available in 1/7th (Kangke), 1/6th (Cox & SIGs SRE Cabin), 1/5th (Cox, Kangke) and ARCs in 33% and 40% (Genisis) and if you have really deep pockets, a complete turnkey 40% model from Genisis.

Documentation sources for photos and line drawings are also listed.

There are some full Size WACO sites with additional info and stories about flying and restoring WACO planes, and other stuff for "us airplane nuts".

Last, as I previously mentioned, there is a "WACO Fly In", June 14th-17th, at Creve Coeur Airport that I plan to attend with camera in hand. I already have some pictures of UBFs, UPFs, YKS, AVN-8 and a few others. There are about a dozen different WACOs at CCA/HARM and hopefully they will be rolled out of the hangers and museum for display, flying and picture opportunities during the Fly In. I will try to make these photos (digital) available to Brotherhood members after the Fly In. They will be of the highest density for the most detail my camera can take and I will try to get them on disc to send out. (reminder to self, get more camera SD cards).
    John F Howard (aka skylarkmk1)
    AMA 10955, WACO Brotherhood #26, AWC, NWC

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

John--There wouldn't happen to be a -D model over there? One of my clubmates had a 1/5 scale WACO D thrust upon him to re-cover and re-vitalize. Pictures are hard to find; he wants to finish it in Cuban AF markings.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: skylarkmk1

All,

The list of Plans, Kits, Documentation and Things of Full Size WACOs was getting to be 3 full pages long, so ChrisMH (WB #15) has converted my MS Word document to PDF format and posted it on his site http://www.houseofmoy.com/waco to be available to all. Thank you Chris.

The plans list is not just about YMF/UMF WACOs, but covers various early models like the Model 10, and open cockpit and cabin models as well such as UPF & YMF to SRE & YKS and more. (hey khodges, there are even plans for a N model, you know, the one with tricycle gear )

For those of us that might not be builders there are ARFs out there available in 1/7th (Kangke), 1/6th (Cox & SIGs SRE Cabin), 1/5th (Cox, Kangke) and ARCs in 33% and 40% (Genisis) and if you have really deep pockets, a complete turnkey 40% model from Genisis.

Add www.vintagercplans.com to your list, if you haven't already. They have Sid Morgan plans for the SRE in 1/6 scale, essentially the same plane that Sig is marketing as an ARF. Kit Cutters, Inc has the full kit for $280, as well as short kits for less. The plans are about $32. There is also a UPF-7 set of plans, it builds out to 58 inch wingspan.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I can't stand it any longer!!! Stickbuilder can you sign me up for the brotherhood as #50? Khodges and damifino I'm in your basic nieghborhood in Davidson, NC. I'm planning the warbird first Saturday in June and I hope you both will be there. Of course I'll bring my Waco.

damifino, awesome T-shirts!!! Sign me up for two Extra larges.

Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey guys - I haven't chimmed in here for a few days - really busy at work prior to going on vacation next week.

Master Chief, I hope all went well for Janelle this morning (I'm a poet and didn't know it ). When I selected #47 for my Brotherhood number, I thought for sure I'd be in last place on the roster indefinitely - story of my Doggie life - but WOW!!! - they're a gainin' on me - and FAST. Keep us posted on Tink's post op recovery.

Oh, and damifino, put me down for one Large and a Small - my little girl likes WACO's too (Shiney planes in general) - and if she has her own shirt, she won't be borrowing mine for a "Night Night" shirt. There's no rule that says a 5 year old girl can't have a WACO Brotherhood shirt, is there?

Todd
    Doggie 47

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

Okay, Here is the roster to date.

WACO BROTHERHOOD MEMBERSHIP:

#1 stickbuilder
    #2 Hughes500E
    #3 Jim Henley
    #4 mmattockx
    #5 CTflyboy
    #6 michaelj2k
    #7 Ronj10
    #8 gwulle
    #9 jim schroer
    #10 Skinny Bob
    #11 Bart5495
    #12 Pimmnz
    #13 HarryJ
    No. 14 Old Git
    #15 ChrisMH
    #16 Nerevar
    #17 Ricatic
    #18 Clay H.
    #19 Tripp2Loo
    #20 KHodges
    #21 Bill Hogue (WACO One)
    #22 Mangolo (Waldo)
    #23 av8ter
    #24 yel914
    #25 damifino
    #26 skylarkmk1
    #27 Jacque
    #28 Edwin
    #29 AROPLANE
    #30 CubNut (Anthony)
    #31 BQuartucy (Bob Q)
    #32 AERORON
    #33 funkymusic
    #34 RCOutlaw
    #35 obo (Bob)
    #36 Jackk36 (Jack)
    #37 fatherrooster (Jim)
    #38 Ilikebipes
    #39 Kestrel0222
    #40 CROWMAN17 (Marc)
    #41 redcesar
    #42 S. Christensen (Scott)

#47 Todd (NightStalker)

#50 skyjet 1

#55 vasek

#66 Mobyal

Guys, S. Christensen is the newest addition to the Brotherhood. He is #42. Let's all give him a warm welcome.

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1

Its easy, just glue all the pieces together, and sand off everything that doesnt look like an airplane.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Nightstalker

Hey guys - I haven't chimmed in here for a few days - really busy at work prior to going on vacation next week.

Master Chief, I hope all went well for Janelle this morning (I'm a poet and didn't know it ). When I selected #47 for my Brotherhood number, I thought for sure I'd be in last place on the roster indefinitely - story of my Doggie life - but WOW!!! - they're a gainin' on me - and FAST. Keep us posted on Tink's post op recovery.

Oh, and damifino, put me down for one Large and a Small - my little girl likes WACO's too (Shiney planes in general) - and if she has her own shirt, she won't be borrowing mine for a "Night Night" shirt. There's no rule that says a 5 year old girl can't have a WACO Brotherhood shirt, is there?

Todd
    Doggie 47
    Todd,

I'll give her her own number if she wants one. Any little girl that likes shiny airplanes is okay by me.

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1
    Its easy, just glue all the pieces together, and sand off everything that doesnt look like an airplane.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks skyjet1. The STICKBUILDER will 'officially' welcome you to the 'hood. I've got you and everyone else down for our WACO shirts.

And you too, Nightstalker. Of course a 5 yr old girl can have a shirt! My 5 yr old twin girls will have theirs as well as my almost 3 yr old son. The girls will be on the buddy box very soon! They can already drive a nitro-powered RC monster truck!
    Everybody knows you can\'\'t make a time machine out of a Tilt-A-Whirl.........-:WACO Brotherhood 25:-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Far be it from me to be a bad influence on her... but yeah, she'd be honored. Actually, I suggest that you give Janelle the honor of WACO Sisterhood #1 and Kyleigh (lets call her "Missy Nightstalker" as WACO Sister #2). We'll see how many Sisters can get in on this.

Thanks Bill,

Todd

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

a really unusual name for a biplane Brother
    Thanks for signing me up Stickbuilder!

skyjet1 is just something left over from the good 'ol days.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: damifino

Thanks skyjet1. The STICKBUILDER will 'officially' welcome you to the 'hood. I've got you and everyone else down for our WACO shirts.

And you too, Nightstalker. Of course a 5 yr old girl can have a shirt! My 5 yr old twin girls will have theirs as well as my almost 3 yr old son. The girls will be on the buddy box very soon! They can already drive a nitro-powered RC monster truck!
    She'll go ape when I give it to her. I haven't buddy boxed with her yet, but she does OK on the flight sim (sometimes). Maybe next year. We'll see. And my older girls (24, 22, 19) and wife... could give a $h#t less about shiney airplanes... less'n it's flying them somewhere cool for vacation...

Out Here and thanks again,

Todd

Doggie 47

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ken,

No "D" models at CCA, maybe in June, keep your fingers crossed. If a "D" models show up, I will do my best to get some pictures.

On the National WACO Club site, page 3 of the F3 & F5 Album there are 4 pictures of a YMF in Cuban markings (Black and White photos). There is a seperate album for the "open" cockpit "D" model with most of them having enclosed cockpits. There is also another album for the cabin QDC. Now if my secrete decoder ring is working [sm=75_75.gif], according to the WACO code (from the Aerofiles site), the second letter is the airframe design and the QDC is a 1931 Cabin model and so are any (X)H(X) models. The third letter is the series and any (X)(X)D models are military models.
    John F Howard (aka skylarkmk1)
    AMA 10955, WACO Brotherhood #26, AWC, NWC

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Nightstalker

We'll see how many Sisters can get in on this.

Todd
    my GF wants to be in the WACO Sisterhood #55 (she LOVES the Waco YMF & of course she'll have the Waco shirt

her name is Petra (AKA vrtulka)

Thanks, Vasek
    Remember: Speed is life!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here's the official WACO Sisterhood roster.

#1 Janelle (Stickbuilder's boss)
    #2 Missy Nightstalker

#55 vrtulka (Petra)

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: skylarkmk1

Ken,

No "D" models at CCA, maybe in June, keep your fingers crossed. If a "D" models show up, I will do my best to get some pictures.

On the National WACO Club site, page 3 of the F3 & F5 Album there are 4 pictures of a YMF in Cuban markings (Black and White photos). There is a seperate album for the "open" cockpit "D" model with most of them having enclosed cockpits. There is also another album for the cabin QDC. Now if my secrete decoder ring is working [sm=75_75.gif], according to the WACO code (from the Aerofiles site), the second letter is the airframe design and the QDC is a 1931 Cabin model and so are any (X)H(X) models. The third letter is the series and any (X)(X)D models are military models.
    Several years back, someone competed with a WACO in the Cuban Air Force livery. I want to say that It was either Doc. Matthews, or Don Lowe. I just can't remember who it was for sure. I got rid of my pile of magazines when we moved here, so I can't look it up any longer.

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Several years back, someone competed with a WACO in the Cuban Air Force livery. I want to say that It was either Doc. Matthews, or Don Lowe. I just can't remember who it was for sure. I got rid of my pile of magazines when we moved here, so I can't look it up any longer.
    yeah, I have the picture of that plane, but it's pretty low-rez. I gave it to him, he may be able to get the colors, but not the detail.

S. Christensen wants to become a Brother. Can you issue him a number? Or should we dangle it in front of him temptingly until he induces Sig to make the new WRE/SRE in kit form?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pn35300.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	672025  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: khodges

yeah, I have the picture of that plane, but it's pretty low-rez. I gave it to him, he may be able to get the colors, but not the detail.

S. Christensen wants to become a Brother. Can you issue him a number? Or should we dangle it in front of him temptingly until he induces Sig to make the new WRE/SRE in kit form?
    Ken,

Does S. Christensen have a, "Handle", or does he want to go by his real name? I'll go ahead and issue the number, but normally the request is made by the modeller. Check in the post above for his number.

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'll go ahead and issue the number, but normally the request is made by the modeller.

He did ask, over on the beginner forum.

here's my colors, still a lot to do.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bz77466.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	672249  

Cuban Waco was by a Pom, Richard Crapp I think, he flew it at a Top Gun, a world champs and I believe he still has it.
    Evan, WB#!2.