Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 91 of 696 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191591 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 17388

Thread: WACO YMF

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: WACO YMF

ORIGINAL: helisea

I have some original WACO DWG's UBA, the fuse is different than the tandem models. What is this brotherhood thing. Do you guys fly or just play with computer. Hee Hee. Be willing to help with the IBA if interested.
    We fly, we build, we talk, we build some more. And in his spare time STICKBUILDER is a judge at Top Gun. I've never played with a computer, and you? By the way, where in NC???

STICK- Proof of progress is in these pictures. Tailwheel mount and incidence mechanism are just 'tack welded' at this juncture. Have I told you this scratch building is FUUuuUN!? Yeah, I think I did but I just like how FUUuuUN! sounds. Can't get 'Mater from Cars out of my head!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fd92478.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	680015   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mh20042.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	680016   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pu52464.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	163.3 KB 
ID:	680017   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vo37857.jpg 
Size:	145.5 KB 
ID:	680018   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vg55131.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	157.4 KB 
ID:	680019  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ct16802.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	680020   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mo13947.jpg 
Size:	183.5 KB 
ID:	680021   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	On45681.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	680022   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	On95878.jpg 
Size:	151.4 KB 
ID:	680023  
    Everybody knows you can\'\'t make a time machine out of a Tilt-A-Whirl.........-:WACO Brotherhood 25:-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Jay,

Have a look at these pictures of a YKS under restoration at Creve Coeur Airport. According to the WACO Mechanic and the owner, the tail wheels of the YMF and YKS are the same with maybe minor demension differences, the angles are the same. The close up is of the tailwheel lock.

Name:	Ge96312.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	680030   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Us53981.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	680031   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pn36355.jpg 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	680032   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tr51201.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	680033  
    John F Howard (aka skylarkmk1)
    AMA 10955, WACO Brotherhood #26, AWC, NWC

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Put a lid on that jar. Don't waste the good stuff yet. Next door, hmmm. Stickbuilder- Went to look for the UBA dwg's got distracted, women. Will get back to ya on the IBA. night, night.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey guys cant believe I posted that pic backwards O Well. Thanks stickbuilder you came up with a name for me LOL I'll try my best not to live up to it. LOL LOL

Dan 45
    Dan Hudson WACO Brotherhood #45
    GIT-ER-DUN \"Build a WACO\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: damifino

STICK- Proof of progress is in these pictures. Tailwheel mount and incidence mechanism are just 'tack welded' at this juncture. Have I told you this scratch building is FUUuuUN!? Yeah, I think I did but I just like how FUUuuUN! sounds. Can't get 'Mater from Cars out of my head!
    Hmmmmmmm, Now why is it that I like your bellcrank setup a little better than mine????? Maybe my next one will be nicer than yours.... Save the fun statements for when we start on the wing panels.

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1
    Its easy, just glue all the pieces together, and sand off everything that doesnt look like an airplane.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: skylarkmk1

Bill,

I believe you are wrong that the YMF has a 36' span. According to Aerofiles http://aerofiles.com/_waco.html listing the YMF & UMF both have a 30' wing span. And if you mutiply the 1/5th models span of 6' (72" ) by 5 you get 30'.

On the otherhand, Aerofiles lists the IBA as having a span of 27'5". 1/5th scale is 65.8", 1/4 scale is 82.25" and at 1/4.6 you get 71.5"
    I know that I have made a point of this group not having any officers, but I just changed my mind. Skylark, you are now the Waco Brotherhood Archivist, and are the final word on any Waco technical issue. I'm impressed. I wish that I had the ability to put my brain into gear before hitting the gas on my typing fingers. Having only seen the photo of one IBA, I allowed the conversation that we were having concerning the two planes to influence my post. The owner told me that the IBA was 30' spanwise. Sorry about posting inaccurate information.

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1
    Its easy, just glue all the pieces together, and sand off everything that doesnt look like an airplane.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bill,

No problem, we all mess up once in a while and well..., thanks for the "ahh" honor[sm=what_smile.gif]. I have been fortunate to be able to compile a list of sources during my research and can remember (for now ) where I have seen the info and be able to share it. And having access to CCA/HARM aircraft for photos, the owners and mechanics of Waco's willing to answer questions and give of their first hand experience doesn't hurt either.

There are a few Kinner powered aircraft (a 1929 St. Louis Cardinal C2 110 with a K5 and a 1929 Fairchild KR21 with a R5) in HARM and I may be able to take a few shots of the engines for you if you would like (may be a week or 2 before I get back up there). I'll also check to see what else may be Kinner powered, lots of aircraft at CCA.

Jay, your tail wheel and stabilizer parts are nicely done and look good.

Here are a couple more close ups of that same YKS (above) stabilizer trim mechanism. The last picture shows the pulley used to turn the jack screw that trims the stabilizer (picture taken from below). The two pulleys mounted vertically (in this case) direct the stabilizer trim cables to the roof in the Cabin models and to the side in Open models. I realize you guys may not use these pictures unless you are going to install all the stuff needed to make it work (a servo with out stops (like a sail trim winch), cables and pulleys, jack screw and stuff, but I thought you guys may find it interesting to see the "real" thing. Enjoy

Name:	Pn36693.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	680183   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wu60023.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	680184   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wt59396.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	680185  
    John F Howard (aka skylarkmk1)
    AMA 10955, WACO Brotherhood #26, AWC, NWC

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bill
    hi
    Can I have number 69. Just love that number.
    TRlambsr
    Building manager
    Team Genesis USA
    Bethesda Md

Name:	Yw66948.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	680244  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just curious, how does one join the ranks of the Brotherhood?
    Scott

Currently building Pepino 1/4 scale YMF 5
    Scott
    Waco Brotherhood #49

I buy, I build, I fly, I crash. I buy, Ibuild, I fly, I crash. I buy, I build,................

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

Okay, Here is the roster to date.

WACO BROTHERHOOD MEMBERSHIP:

#1 stickbuilder
    #2 Hughes500E
    #3 Jim Henley
    #4 mmattockx
    #5 CTflyboy
    #6 michaelj2k
    #7 Ronj10
    #8 gwulle
    #9 jim schroer
    #10 Skinny Bob
    #11 Bart5495
    #12 Pimmnz
    #13 HarryJ
    No. 14 Old Git
    #15 ChrisMH
    #16 Nerevar
    #17 Ricatic
    #18 Clay H.
    #19 Tripp2Loo
    #20 KHodges
    #21 Bill Hogue (WACO One)
    #22 Mangolo (Waldo)
    #23 av8ter
    #24 yel914
    #25 damifino
    #26 skylarkmk1
    #27 Jacque
    #28 Edwin
    #29 AROPLANE
    #30 CubNut (Anthony)
    #31 BQuartucy (Bob Q)
    #32 AERORON
    #33 funkymusic
    #34 RCOutlaw
    #35 obo (Bob)
    #36 Jackk36 (Jack)
    #37 fatherrooster (Jim)
    #38 Ilikebipes
    #39 Kestrel0222
    #40 CROWMAN17 (Marc)
    #41 redcesar
    #42 S. Christensen (Scott)
    #43 Bill Deidrich
    #44 Mike Barbee
    #45 Bass-Ackward (Dan Hudson)
    #46 SoCalSal
    #47 Todd (NightStalker)
    #48 argon (Bob Gonzalez)
    #49 mango 12 (Scott)
    #50 skyjet 1

#55 vasek

#60 doc zinger

#64 stifts (Steve)

#66 Mobyal

#69 trlambsr

WACO Sisterhood Roster:

S-1 Janelle (Lady Stickbuilder)
    S-2 Sissy Nightstalker
    S-3 Barb Barbee

This is getting huge. We have 2 new Brothers. Mango is building a Pepino YMF, and trlambsr is the U.S. Rep for the Genesis kit. Welcome Brothers.

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

TR,

You got it...69 it is. Welcome in Brother Lickety Split...

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1

ps...That's a good lookin WACO (for a jarhead version)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: mango12

Just curious, how does one join the ranks of the Brotherhood?
    Scott

Currently building Pepino 1/4 scale YMF 5
    mango,

You just did. You are now known fondly as Brother#49.

Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Put a lid on that jar. Don't waste the good stuff yet. Next door, hmmm. Stickbuilder- Went to look for the UBA dwg's got distracted, women. Will get back to ya on the IBA. night, night.
    Got Distracted????? Women <perk> Where...where.....???????

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bill
    Have tons of pictures of building the 33 and 40. I have build 3 33's in the bones. I know that kit like the back of my hand. Can put one in the bones is less then 6 weeks. Have all the jigs set up.
    The struts on bobs plane were my design. If anyone needs help I am always available to help. Also just got the waco cds from Amersham bucks
    tr

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

These club things, I just don't know. Building and flying models since 1984, member of a club for ten years, blah, blah, blah, keep up with the Jones'. Just want to build planes in my cave and fly with selected few, flying for the fun of it. Maybee tired of the egos or just an ill old fart.
    How about just an 'ill fart'. I don't buy the 'old' bit!
    Everybody knows you can\'\'t make a time machine out of a Tilt-A-Whirl.........-:WACO Brotherhood 25:-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: trlambsr

Bill
    Have tons of pictures of building the 33 and 40. I have build 3 33's in the bones. I know that kit like the back of my hand. Can put one in the bones is less then 6 weeks. Have all the jigs set up.
    The struts on bobs plane were my design. If anyone needs help I am always available to help. Also just got the waco cds from Amersham bucks
    tr
    tr,

Post some of them puppies. I've seen the Genesis in the bones, but maybe somewhere in the free world is someone who has not.

IF I might be so bold, please incorporate your Brother number in your signature. I know I told you that there were no rules, but we are proud of this group that we have built, and I think that we all now have the Brother number in the signature line. Not intended to be a nag, but......

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have been wanting a new scratch build project and this seems to be perfect. I was going to buy a bipe kit, but after reading through some of the posts, I am liking what I see. A very nice vintage aircraft, and a great brotherhood that supports each other. THis is great! I was looking at Chris's website that has the plans, instructions, and templates posted. Has anyone printed the plans from the scanned copy? I was just curious if the scale is spot on with the templates. I went ahead and printed the plans at work (I am a cad guy). If the scanned copy is perfect scale, I am gonna go ahead at get started.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Can anyone tell me if a saito 90 twin will fit in the cowling of the Pico 1/6 Waco and if you happen to know, how's the power for that plane?

Thanks,

Clay H
    WACO Brotherhood #18

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Your right just an ill fart. Just cleaned off the table and started punching out parts for the biplane. This is the best relaxing for the mind.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Rookie,

I don't know how close the plan that you copied is, but you can get a good set of plans from the AMA, and it comes with the Parts templates (or soon will) These parts templates are tracings from a fresh kit.

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

Rookie,

I don't know how close the plan that you copied is, but you can get a good set of plans from the AMA, and it comes with the Parts templates (or soon will) These parts templates are tracings from a fresh kit.
    I second that. If you are ready to tackle the WACO project do yourself a favor and start off on the right foot by using the AMA's offering. You can be assured of accuracy in the size of the plans and you'll recieve good parts outlines. STICKBUILDER has taken the time to include updates and tips integrated into the original PICA instruction manual. I think it is available free of charge off the 'net, maybe from CHRISMH's site??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Chris MH site also has the scanned plans. I was just wanting to check the validity of this scan.His site has the manual, the templates, as well as a revised instruction manual. I guess I could print out one of the template dxf or jpg and compare to the plans to see if the scans are accurate. If not, I will definately get the ones from AMA. First I got to see if I got 24ft of wasted paper [X(] Once I get the plans figured out and get started, I will apply for membership to the fraternal order of WACO.

Thanks,

Reggie

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: RookiePilot

Chris MH site also has the scanned plans. I was just wanting to check the validity of this scan.His site has the manual, the templates, as well as a revised instruction manual. I guess I could print out one of the template dxf or jpg and compare to the plans to see if the scans are accurate. If not, I will definately get the ones from AMA. First I got to see if I got 24ft of wasted paper [X(] Once I get the plans figured out and get started, I will apply for membership to the fraternal order of WACO.

Thanks,

Reggie
    Reggie,

Fraternal Order of Waco??????? I didn't know such a thing existed...... But, if you want to be a WACO Brotherhood mamber, all that is required is the love for these wonderful old rag bags. Say the word, and you are in. It's that easy. We won't dun you for any dues, or make you run for office, or attend meetings, or mow the field (you can come down and mow mine if you want). It's probably why our Group is growing. Before you start on the Waco, please tell me about your experience as a builder. I don't want to sound elitist, but if you don't have several builds behind you (ones with lots of sticks) you will probably become frustrated with this one. It's not the easiest model to complete, but if you have built a few Senior Kadets or Senorita's, you should not have too many problems that can't be worked out. It's pretty straightforward in design, but there are a few area's that need to be changed. We will be happy to guide you through these rocks and shoals.

Bill, AMA 4720
    WACO Brotherhood #1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The parts tracings have a 'comparison' scale drawn on each page. Just print one page off and check it out. I had no luck in getting an accurate size off the site. JPEG's are never true size and the .dxf files would not open for us. Again, maybe he has worked on it, I don't know. The AMA offering is the 'Official Plan Set of The WACO Brotherhood.'

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Can anyone tell me if a saito 90 twin will fit in the cowling of the Pico 1/6 Waco and if you happen to know, how's the power for that plane?
    Don't know about the engine fitting in the cowling. But, if rule of thumb means anything, the Saito 90 twin will pull about like a .65-.72 4 stroke single. That may point you in the right dirrection for your engine choice. What are the recommended engine sizes for the 1/6th WACO?