Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

WACO YMF

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 10:17 AM
mrdhud
My Feedback: (48)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: WACO YMF

Hello all,
I’m posting this video for Chris (ceije) this was his birthday gift from his wife pretty nice wife I’d say. Happy birthday Chris.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDGMECelEP8&feature=player_embedded#![/youtube]
Old 08-10-2012, 11:00 AM
Dash7ATP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great video. do we have any photos of the plane? Red, white and blue. I'd like to see the color scheme if possible.

I hae received your letter, Dan. Thanks.

Joe

Old 08-10-2012, 03:19 PM
rcjunky67

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRIS, thats so freaking cool!!!!!... this wifey of yours,she got a sister? just kidding , congrats and many happy returns bro. and to think , I'll probably get a hammer or something for mine in november, dang. well, happy b-day anyway.blue skies
Old 08-10-2012, 09:31 PM
JoeAverage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: skylarkmk1

JoeA,

No need to shout though a megaphone. You seem to be implying that a brotherhood member has the molds. I tend to doubt that as the brotherhood members are generally generous and help each other out whenever we can.

If the parts that are in your pictures are in your possession and are in good shape, reverse engineer them and make new molds from them. Whoops, I see that is what you intend to do if you can find the parts. If that is not possible, it may be time to carve new patterns for the molds from the plans.

If anyone here has a clue or any information, please get in touch with JoeAverage and help him out, it is at least the third time he has requested help in finding the molds.
I only shout when people can't hear or read what I have said previously. What do these look like? I have the cuffs too. Try to comprehend what I said before my urge to be heard. When I would have have sold them. Cheap. At the behest of a popular member who I correspond with regularly. He tried. I tried. Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Li21011.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	198.3 KB
ID:	1790847   Click image for larger version

Name:	To43393.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	1790848   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77230.jpg
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	1790849  
Old 08-10-2012, 09:42 PM
JoeAverage

ORIGINAL: RCplanman

Bill & John, If this is one of many calls for FREE plugs from joe -maybe he'll have to do as you've suggested [ and we've all done if you really need it ] & carve your own. Bill. WB #126, AMA 6416

I don't begrudge you your remarks. Unless you did not see my offer to the person who originally asked for them. Bill Claymen I think wanted them. Does he not have the plans to sell and no parts for them? Mob mentality is without reason.

Cheers.
Old 08-11-2012, 03:07 AM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think I've missed out on something, or we are getting bleed over from another forum. Joe, it would appear that these molds are for parts for a D model Waco right? Do you have any for the YMF/UMF variant? Are you wanting to pull parts, or to sell the molds? Please bring me up to speed............

Bill, Waco Brother #1
Old 08-11-2012, 04:46 AM
ceije

Gents, Just a little slow on homework -posting-. Yeah, after 2 years of talking about taking a flight I think my wife got fed up and took maters into her own hands. Here are some pics of pre flight. Sorry all, its not a YMF its a restored 1940 UPF-7. STILL A WACO!!![8D][8D]

regards
chris melhus, ceije 196
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66712.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	1790879   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu64675.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	1790880   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty66646.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	1790881   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89947.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	1790882   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni24880.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	1790883   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd83200.jpg
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	1790884   Click image for larger version

Name:	By76340.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	1790885   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj28412.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	1790886  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rw58376.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	1790887   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72595.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	1790888   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dz81016.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	1790889  
Old 08-11-2012, 01:32 PM
JoeAverage

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

I think I've missed out on something, or we are getting bleed over from another forum. Joe, it would appear that these molds are for parts for a D model Waco right? Do you have any for the YMF/UMF variant? Are you wanting to pull parts, or to sell the molds? Please bring me up to speed............

Bill, Waco Brother #1
Pg 527 Post 13152 RE: WACO YMF - 7/1/2011 2:05 PM
Ed Clayman asked for Waco D parts
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_40...27/key_/tm.htm

Pg 545 post 13631 RE: WACO YMF - 8/15/2011 7:47 AM
I politely offer molds to Waco D for Sale. Not practical to lend items of this nature for copying. Easily damaged a hundred ways.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_40...45/key_/tm.htm

Continuing to be needled by your enforcer and now others about my falsely wanting free parts or molds due to their lack of ability to comprehend plain English in earlier posts, I have posted pictures of some of the Waco D molds I have and may not want to part with anymore. For anyone who cares and can read, post 15196 where yet again I am brieng harrassed, I have the D molds, or maybe just pictures of them. I can hear it now. I offered to sell them and anyone going on about my wanting anything can attend remedial reading classes and apologize. Would anyone like more pics? Maybe with another camera. How about the Kodak I posted parts pics with. That was rhetorical. The meta tags are intact.

There it is Bill. Rather relevant to this thread.

Cheers.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:15 PM
airplanegeek

Really guys, I have three daughters at home - and they don't even sound this bad...leave joe alone....Sorry, but what happened to building Waco's
Old 08-11-2012, 02:52 PM
Stickbuilder

ORIGINAL: JoeAverage

Bill, Waco Brother #1

I politely offer molds to Waco D for Sale. Not practical to lend items of this nature for copying. Easily damaged a hundred ways.

Continuing to be needled by your lapdog and now others about my falsely wanting free parts or molds due to their lack of ability to comprehend plain English in earlier posts, I have posted pictures of some of the Waco D molds I have and may not want to part with anymore. For anyone who cares and can read, post 15196 where yet again I am brieng harrassed, I have the D molds, or maybe just pictures of them. I can hear it now. I offered to sell them and anyone going on about my wanting anything can attend remedial reading classes and apologize. Would anyone like more pics? Maybe with another camera. How about the Kodak I posted parts pics with. That was rhetorical. The meta tags are intact.

Cheers.
Hold on there just a minute Hoss, First I don't have a lapdog and second this thread is dedicated to the YMF/UMF versions of the Waco marque. Finally this is not an appropriate place for you to try to sell your junk. There is a classified section that is for that purpose. I'd like to take this opportunity to invite you not to post your bull crap on this forum. I'm sending a copy of your previous post to RCKen for action. Got that?

Bill, Waco Brother #1
Old 08-11-2012, 03:06 PM
Dash7ATP

ORIGINAL: JoeAverage

Bill, Waco Brother #1

Continuing to be needled by your lapdog and now others about my falsely wanting free parts or molds due to their lack of ability to comprehend plain English in earlier posts, I have posted pictures of some of the Waco D molds I have and may not want to part with anymore. For anyone who cares and can read, post 15196 where yet again I am brieng harrassed, I have the D molds, or maybe just pictures of them. I can hear it now. I offered to sell them and anyone going on about my wanting anything can attend remedial reading classes and apologize. Would anyone like more pics? Maybe with another camera. How about the Kodak I posted parts pics with. That was rhetorical. The meta tags are intact.

Cheers.
Jeeeezzz

Old 08-11-2012, 03:42 PM
acerc

I for one would like to say, " Sorry Joe". I thought all  version's of the Waco were welcome here. And there has been plenty of item's sold to one another through out this thread as well.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:28 PM
da Rock

LIGHTEN UP FOLKS...............
Old 08-11-2012, 05:37 PM
da Rock

A couple of previous posts are meant to embarrass other members. They're somewhat mild, but nonetheless break this rule: Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums. Thanks. (RCU Policies)

This has been one of the most pleasant and interesting threads on the forums. There is no value being sarcastic and insulting.

Do not break into a discussion about who said what and how you're not at fault. They will be deleted. Consider again the rule above, that you agree to every time you post.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:21 PM
acerc

Really!
Old 08-11-2012, 06:41 PM
mrdhud
My Feedback: (48)

ORIGINAL: ceije

Gents, Just a little slow on homework -posting-. Yeah, after 2 years of talking about taking a flight I think my wife got fed up and took maters into her own hands. Here are some pics of pre flight. Sorry all, its not a YMF its a restored 1940 UPF-7. STILL A WACO!!![8D][8D]

regards
chris melhus, ceije 196
Hey Chris,
From the looks of your pictures and seeing your video sure looks like you had a great time. I especially like the part when the pilot had both his hands out side the cockpit
Did you forget to tell us something? Like may be you were flying the plane.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:43 PM
rccrasher65
My Feedback: (35)

Joe, What are you Looking for? You are bringing up issues that are over 2,047 posts to be exactly old. My guess is that's 2yrs worth of posts. Lets talk about WACO'S!!!!!!
Old 08-11-2012, 09:19 PM
JoeAverage

I don't come here often so I felt I had to do some housekeeping and try to focus on the facts.

Hats off to any who understand the value of facts and obectivity and my highest praise to those who break ranks and weigh in to say they understand the root of the issue. This isn't about popularity. I don't care if I am liked. I want my posts to be understood not judged by ignorance of the issue. Intelligence and conviction is a burden I can recognize and admire.

John

Old 08-11-2012, 11:34 PM
JoeAverage

ORIGINAL: acerc

I for one would like to say, '' Sorry Joe''. I thought all version's of the Waco were welcome here. And there has been plenty of item's sold to one another through out this thread as well.
Thank you acerc. You have guts and character. I appreciate the sentiment. You have not offended me and I feel bad you had to express that and leave yourself out there. You have my respect and I owe you.

I will take this to thank the senders of PM's that lament acerc's remarks. I knew there are good smart men here and understand why you are guarded with your remarks. I don't know what to say.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:27 AM
Stickbuilder

John,

I don't know how this all got so far out of control, but in looking back, it does not seem that you are a member of the Brotherhood. Is there a reason for that? Also, it seems that there has always been some bone of contention about the molds/parts for the D model that you have. Is there a reason for that? Have I made a comment before that would cause you to lash out at me? If so, please accept my apology.

We don't need to take sides here. If there has been some misunderstanding, then take it to the PM's. Do not air your dirty laundry out here in the forum. This is the first time this forum has needed moderation, and I don't think that anyone enjoys that.

This thread is dedicated to the UMF/YMF variant, but most anything Waco (and a few others) is welcome here. I was out of line when I made my previous post, but I will not go back and delete my statements. Everyone needs to see that I'm far from perfect.

There seems to be a smoldering resentment present with a few of the Brothers. If anyone has something to discuss with me, then send me a PM with your phone number, and we will work to resolve whatever is eating at you. I would think that with an organization such as ours we would be past anything like this, but obviously this is not the case.

I started this thread some six years ago, and have been kind of managing it since. It is not, "My thread", but belongs to us all. It really tears my heart out to see this thread stoop to the level that it did yesterday. Let's all learn a lesson here and keep it from happening again.

John, when I asked what this was about, it was because there was nothing in recent memory concerning these molds and parts. The post in question happened over a year ago. I know that you say that you don't come here often, but please, let's keep things civil when you do. You are welcome here whenever you wish.

Again, I apologize for jumping on you so quickly.

Bill, Waco Brother #1
Old 08-12-2012, 03:28 AM
Stickbuilder

Looks as if we lost some posts here

Bill, Waco Brother #1
Old 08-12-2012, 03:31 AM
da Rock

In response to reported posts by a number of members, the recent posts that contained personal opinions of other members were deleted. So were posts that quoted the removed posts.

The threads in our forums should contain posts about the topic of the forum they're in and posts should be about the topic of the thread or close.

Posting personal opinions of other members, when it's an attempt to insult or embarrass really have no place in the forums.

RCU has personal message functionality for things you wish to communicate directly to another member that has nothing to do with the forum or thread topic. Please utilize that functionality when your message is personal.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:40 AM
Stickbuilder

That is exactly what I posted in my deleted post. This is the first time that this thread has been moderated. We have done a good job of keeping ourselves policed over the years. Please allow us to continue to do so.

Bill, Waco Brother #1
Old 08-12-2012, 05:06 AM
acerc

And post# 15204 isn't an attempt to insult or embarras the individual whose post were removed. All that's missing is Ha Ha told you so.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:21 AM
rccrasher65
My Feedback: (35)

Robert, I will probably be ready on wed, I'll give you a ring, evening is best for me ( after 5 ) If thats good for you let me know. George

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.