Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

VR/CS Featured in May 2006 Model Aviation magazine Article

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

VR/CS Featured in May 2006 Model Aviation magazine Article

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 09:54 AM
kingaltair
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default VR/CS Featured in May 2006 Model Aviation magazine Article

If you are reading these threads, then you are interested in “vintage” R/C modeling, and are probably interested R/C history. Radio Control is old enough now to have an interesting history filled with great-flying classic designs, and interesting personalities. In the upcoming May issue of Model Aviation magazine, VR/CS, (a group of modelers of all ages devoted to building and flying the “golden oldies” of RC) , is spotlighted along with the other special interest group, (SIG) devoted to historical RC, the SPA, (Senior Pattern Association). If you’re not a VR/CS member, but have ever wondered what VR/CS is all about, and what it’s like to attend a meet, you might enjoy this article written from the viewpoint of a newcomer. Take a look!
Old 04-18-2006, 03:44 PM
r/cdawg

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: VR/CS Featured in May 2006 Model Aviation magazine Article

Just pulled MA out of my mailbox this noon and read the article while downing a tuna sandwich. Very well written, nice pictures, enjoyed it alot. While I didn't start flying R/C until 1973 at age 15 many of these designs were still commonplace at the field. There were quite a few Goldberg Falcons and Sr. Falcons present and I learned on a Skylark 56. The SPA sounds really interesting also as an image that is burned into my memory is of Ron Chidgey holding his Nats winning Tiger Tail over his head in an advertisment for, if I recall, Proline Radios. No different effect than what a picture of Quique holding his Yak does to R/Cer's now.

dawg