Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

Holy Yumpin Yimmanie, Check This Price!!

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Holy Yumpin Yimmanie, Check This Price!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 08:38 AM
Joe Nagy
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Holy Yumpin Yimmanie, Check This Price!!

Hi Everyone;

Greetings from cool and damp Phoenix.

I'll bet once you check the price paid for eBay item@280062799204, you along with me are going to tear your hobby storage areas apart looking for same to sell. I won't tell what or how much: but leave it to you to find out for yourselves. I showed the item to my dear Wife, 'The Shirl', and her eyes widened like car headlites, and she stated with a big smile. 'With all the hobby stuff you got stashed, I hope that WE have a whole bunch of those ???? to Sell'. Alas no, close but no cigar.

I'll close for now and leave you all in suspense, hoping I haven't ruined anyones' weekend, but betting I made a few happy, best regards from the 'Valley of the Sun',

Joe Nagy.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:34 AM
BobHH
My Feedback: (18)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Holy Yumpin Yimmanie, Check This Price!!

Yep Joe, I saw that. Amazing what a collector will pay. Here is a little Cox Venom I picked up at a local swap meet with about 4 other Cox .049s for $10.00. Some guy paid $710.00 on the E-Bay a few weeks ago for the same thing!! I still may run in for the heck of it!!!

Bob Harris
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq45689.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	585932  
Old 12-29-2006, 03:18 PM
iglowhead
My Feedback: (192)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone wanted that engine REAL BAD!! I saw that Venom that went for $710 also. Sure tempted me to list mine but no way will I do it. Usually they bring $200 - $300. Believe it or not I bought one absolutely mint in the box at the Fort Worth AMA Convention Swap Meet this year for $15. It is the center piece of my Cox engine collection.

Name:	Rp44806.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	586038   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt60490.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	586039  
Old 12-29-2006, 04:24 PM
Harley Condra
My Feedback: (4)

Joe,

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How about this one?
Mine is new in the box, has TWO water slide decals, instructions, and the factory packaged pressure fitting. (P/N 102).
Mine has never been disassembled, never installed the needle valve, or removed the factory glow plug.

Mine has the $16.95 price tag from back in the 60's. The red "C" on the bypass is in great shape, too.

Thanks! You sure made me a happy camper!

Harley Condra
BVM REP
JetCat REP

Name:	If10794.jpg
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	586047   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je99125.jpg
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	586048  
Old 12-29-2006, 11:33 PM
Roary m
My Feedback: (67)

I'm curious, what was the difference between the Venom and the Black Widow?
Old 12-30-2006, 02:19 AM
iglowhead
My Feedback: (192)

Here is some Venom info from http://www.mh-aerotools.de/airfoils/cox_venom.htm

"The crankshaft with cutouts for better balancing comes from the 1996 Killer Bee. The lightweight piston has sub-induction and a reduced wall thickness which makes it somewhat fragile. When not run in properly, the piston top may come off and also the strength of the crankshaft is close to its limits. Therefore speed was limited to 22,000 r.p.m. on the ground. Additionally, a single narrow boost port was added to one side of each transfer channel of the cylinder to improve scavenging. The venturi passing through the fuel tank has the same throat diameter as the Black Widow (2.08 mm, Babe Bee, Golden Bee: 1.54 mm). To literally top it off, a high compression glow head and a few head gaskets to play with the compression ratio were added."

I believe the crank, piston and cylinder mods are the differences between the Venom and Black Widow. And, maybe, the red anodized case.

Old 12-31-2006, 03:25 PM
dennis
My Feedback: (90)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it's collector value aside most of the currently available 1/2A motors will outperform the Venom. Cox never moved past the ball and socket set up for their piston and rod and by doing so even with the crank and piston mods not withstanding placed a 22/ 23K limit on the motor. Granted it was relatively cheap to buy,but for any serious flyer it was a no brainer. Get a newer more durable motor