Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

Bridi kits Quickest 500

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Bridi kits Quickest 500

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 06:49 PM
mmedrano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bridi kits Quickest 500

I acquired a several of my uncles kits when he tragecly died in a plane crash about 20years ago. As a child I always wanted to fly his rc planes but couldn’t afford it.
Last year my I pulled the old boxes out of storage and my wife bought me my first trainer. Now I’d like to finish building one of my uncle’s planes but I don’t have the plans for it.
The plane is a Bridikits Quickest 500. I tried finding a business for them but they seem to have gone out for awhile and reopened under new owners, I haven’t received a response from them so any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated
Mike
Old 03-20-2020, 10:47 PM
J330
My Feedback: (3)

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Default https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=10375

Originally Posted by mmedrano
I acquired a several of my uncles kits when he tragecly died in a plane crash about 20years ago. As a child I always wanted to fly his rc planes but couldn’t afford it.
Last year my I pulled the old boxes out of storage and my wife bought me my first trainer. Now I’d like to finish building one of my uncle’s planes but I don’t have the plans for it.
The plane is a Bridikits Quickest 500. I tried finding a business for them but they seem to have gone out for awhile and reopened under new owners, I haven’t received a response from them so any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated
Mike
Attachment and title from the outerzone site.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Quickest_500_oz10375.pdf (619.1 KB, 38 views)
Old 03-21-2020, 07:52 AM
carlgrover

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Keep in mind that what you have there is a quickee 500 racing plane. Those things are really super fast on a .40 engine. I've been flying for 30 years and I wouldn't want to fly one.

carl
Old 03-22-2020, 08:24 AM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know about "super" fast, but they are fast. With proper control throws (small) they aren't hard to fly, but I wouldn't suggest one for a 2nd plane.

Easy to build, though - there aren't that many pieces. Basically a box with a wing and a tail. If you're wanting to build, wouldn't be a bad one to do so. I'd suggest getting some more experience flying before jumping into this one, though. Some folks have successfully flown (and raced) these with .25's on them, instead of the .40's. Might take a little more nose weight, but it would be something to consider.
I would also strongly suggest that you hook up with a local club, one with a good instructor available to help teach you to fly. It would help a lot. Trying on your own is a recipe for crashes and frustration.

Old 03-22-2020, 10:00 AM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Any of the older Quickie designs make excellent sport planes. Yes they can be fast but with smaller engines ( 28 - 36) and lower pitch, larger diameter props they fly at reasonable speeds. Set up control surfaces to personal taste and enjoy.