Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

Shilen replica sparkies

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Shilen replica sparkies

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 09:56 PM
74SEVEN7

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Shilen replica sparkies

Hi Guys, I've just purchased a Shilen .19 sparky, and need any info. you can provide. Now, I know these were made by Ed Shilen the
rifle barrel maker, who also made a larger replica Torp., but I can't find anything on the .19. It appears to have twin stacks like the .29
Special, but these are at the front of the cylinder, not rear. Was this replica based on a genuine K & B, or was it an "own design" ?
Anything else you can provide will be gratefully received ! Thanks, BOB.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:52 PM
otrcman

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Shilen replica sparkies

Bob,

It's my understanding that the Shilen 19 is an "own design". But it is approved for SAM competition as if it were an authentic replica. I don't own one, but I've seen many people run them with great success. The seem to have good power, easy handling, and last a long time.

I do have two of the Shilen (Torp replica) 29's. They are of excellent quality and perform exactly as Mr. Shilen said they would.

Dick