Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Eddie ..... Jalopaplane

Old 09-07-2008, 08:41 PM
tcraftpo
My Feedback: (7)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Eddie ..... Jalopaplane

Has anyone built the Jalopaplane designed by Eddie .......( I forget his last name) It's a very unique looking original design and I picked up a set of plans. I'm interested to see how the construction went and I would like to see some pictures of the finished product. Any information would be helpful! Thanks
Old 09-08-2008, 09:14 AM
CoosBayLumber
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Eddie ..... Jalopaplane

Now there is an airplane not often spoken about.

I think you are in wrong forum here. About two years ago, someone cited as to where plans could be obtained at. Post same message at the Vintage forum here, or try SAM Talk over at Yahoo. Ought to get a hit or comment there.

I am thinking I saw one version in an old American Modeler magazine I got.

Wm.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:44 AM
tcraftpo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks for the info. Wm. I think I saw an article about one a few years ago in one of the model magazines and was able to get my hands on a set of plans. I will try posting somewhere else. Thanks!
Old 09-08-2008, 08:24 PM
zipman
My Feedback: (22)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Try this link. Model is not finished yet. May be you can persuade him to finish it. I met Eddie a few times. Wonderful person and modeler. Great imagination.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=668398

Good luck with your build.

Stan
Old 09-11-2008, 11:01 AM
tcraftpo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks for the info zipman. I will contact the builder and see how he makes out. Pat
Old 02-27-2009, 02:39 PM
ilbcnuairborne
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Go to eddieaaircraft1.com Eddie is dead now but his daughter Karen is running the business
Old 02-27-2009, 09:52 PM
TooLow
My Feedback: (5)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I was "surfin"and found on the Precision Cut kit site that they cut a kit of the Jalopaplane. Going to find out what they charge and post later. Saw one once and LMAO, had to have one! Best I remember that they were designed to fly with a G23.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:17 AM
gzkpez

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

eddieaaircraft1.com was at the WRAM show they had one in their booth, it looked real nice. There was also one in the downstairs display. Also nice. Give them a call it looks like a good plane to build.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:36 AM
GaGeeBees
My Feedback: (23)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: TooLow

I was "surfin"and found on the Precision Cut kit site that they cut a kit of the Jalopaplane. Going to find out what they charge and post later. Saw one once and LMAO, had to have one! Best I remember that they were designed to fly with a G23.
Let me know what you find out. I'm very interested in one of these as well.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:38 AM
tcraftpo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey guys! I thought this thread was dead since I posted it a long time ago! I too bought the plans from Karen a year or two ago at the WRAM Show, very nice person. Anywho, PCK sells the kit for $345.00. The price listing I have is from last year so it may have changed a little. I think the recommended engine for the Jalopaplane is a 23cc gas. I havent built this plane yet cause it will be my first "scratch" build. I am very interested if anyone has any building experience with this plane.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:57 PM
TooLow

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Just got an e-mail from Larry @ PCK and the plane is still $345+shipping!
Old 04-13-2009, 05:05 PM
LQQK4BLUEANGEL

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Guys,
Thanks for your interest in the Jalopaplane. Precision Cut Kits is cutting my full wood kits(only), I supply the plans, fiberglass cowl & wheels) but we are selling the short kits for $200. + shipping/handling which includes plans, fiberglass cowl, wheels, ribs/formers. You can email me - EddieAAircraft1@aol.com - sorry I didn't see the forum until now. Had a great show in Toledo & I'm getting alot of calls & emails for this airplane. I did lose Eddie(my Dad) in June 2008 but I will do my best to keep this going for him. We're bringing out a new design of his next year as well.
Thanks again and I hope to hear from you.
Karen Ajamian
Old 04-30-2009, 10:50 PM
TooLow

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

couldnt resist in posting this from the Toledo show
Attached Images  
Old 05-01-2009, 04:59 AM
GaGeeBees
My Feedback: (23)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

That's a beautiful covering job. I think he won best Monokote at Toledo, yes?
Old 05-01-2009, 02:57 PM
tcraftpo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yeah I saw this in one of the numerous RC magazines I get. Really nice job; I can only aspire to do that good of a job.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:29 PM
alpinestar

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

anybody been able to contact Karen at Eddie A Aircraft??? I can't seem to get any response, and more importantly still have not received wheels for a Jalopaplane kit which I paid for at the Toledo show back in April.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:57 AM
tcraftpo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

No sorry, I haven't tried lately. I'm still a little unsure of myself trying to build a plane from plans only. I've done a few kits, but nothing from only plans yet. Good luck to you, I'm sure there is a good excuse, she's usually real good about getting back to us. Pat
Old 08-02-2009, 12:23 PM
H5487

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Like others, I, too, am interested in building a Jalopaplane. However, I am somewhat confused by what I've read in this thread about the service received from the designer's daughter. Some say she's friendly and great to work with but others say she's slow to ship or completely unresponsive. Even though PCK may produce the kits, it would be impossible to build a Jalopaplane without her since she's the only place to get the plans and fiberglass parts. Has anybody had any success or should I just forget building one?

Thanks,

Harvey
Old 08-02-2009, 12:59 PM
alpinestar

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I can tell you that Karen was extremely good to deal with in person at the Toledo Show, and promised to send me a set of Jalopaplane wheels within a couple of weeks (they had run out). That was April. I emailed Karen about a month after the show, she promised the wheels would be delivered within 2 weeks. Those 2 weeks went by, and several more, before I again tried to contact her in every way possible with no response whatsoever. I have tried several email addresses, PM, and even found her on Facebook. No replies. The phone number for Eddie A Aircraft is disconnected.
Things happen and people get busy, but this is beyond the point of reason. Very disappointed; might have a kit/plans/glass (less wheels of course) for sale here soon.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:06 PM
H5487

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: alpinestar

Might have a kit/plans/glass (less wheels of course) for sale here soon.
Sorry that it didn't go well for you. Much like our companion hobby, model railroading, many of the hobby's products are produced by cottage (mom & pop) industries in which the loss of any one key employee can spell the end of the company. I suspect Eddie's daughter had good intentions after her dad passed away but found the small business incapable of meeting her total financial needs/desires and got a "real job" that left little time to devote to her dad's business. Just my guess but not a far-fetched scenario.

Let me know if you want to sell a copy of the plans or the plans, kit and glass.

Harvey
Old 08-02-2009, 05:38 PM
H5487

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: tcraftpo

I'm still a little unsure of myself trying to build a plane from plans only. I've done a few kits, but nothing from only plans yet.
Pat
Pat,

There's not a lot of difference between building a kit and building from plans-only other than you have to put together a shopping list then buy your wood, hinges, etc. from your favorite supplier. (If you've been in the hobby for more than a week you probably already have many of the needed parts in your scrap box.) Of course, you also have to draw the wing ribs (as well as the other parts) onto the balsa and then cut them out instead of simply popping out some diecut or lasered parts. It takes a little more work but it's nothing you can't do if you've already got a kit or two under your belt. So don't worry about it - take the plunge. Let us know what we can do to help you!

Harvey
Old 08-27-2009, 12:12 PM
tcraftpo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Harvey,

Just wondering if you think the short kit, wheels, and fiberglass parts are a good price for $200. I just recently started a smaller .25 size plane from a plan build as my first; it looked a little simpler so plunged into that instead. I plan on doing the Jalapoplane next.

Pat
Old 10-22-2009, 07:17 PM
H5487

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Roll call...

Who is building, or has already built a Jalopaplane?

Also, my plans mention "optional floats" but there are no drawings or specifications pertaining to them. Does anybody have any info on them?

Many thanks,

Harvey
Old 11-23-2009, 12:44 AM
donaldghines@yahoo.com

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I bought the short kit about 3 years ago at Toledo Show. Worked on it off and on , its a difficult build
around the front of the fuse in particular, but take your time and it will work out OK, I really enjoyed building it. I covered it with Solartex Fabric and painted it with Klasskote Epoxy Paint. Installed a Satio 120 and it flies very well. There is Video of the maiden flight on You Tube. Just enter Dons jalopaplane. It was a little Nose heavy on the maiden flight and the tail wheel was not working good. I have since fixed those two problems. Weighed in at 23 Pounds.

Don
Old 11-23-2009, 06:44 AM
H5487

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Good looking plane, George, and it seems like the Saito 120 is just about perfect for it. Great video too! I, too, have purchased a short kit and I'm looking forward to the build. I have an O.S. Gemini 120 looking for a job and just may put it in this plane.

I'm still looking for a set of 9" wire wheels. Several folks have suggested here that Arizona Aircrafters sells a kit but I don't really need such a fine-scale set of wheels. (Especially at their price!) I guess what I really need to do is drop by a Toys R Us some afternoon and check out the doll stroller section. (Sounds like a good way to get arrested! :-) I sure wish I knew what Eddie's source of wheels was but his daughter isn't answering e-mails.

Harvey

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service