Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

New 2008 Dorffler Clone pulse recievers. Updated, picture added

Old 10-03-2008, 05:02 PM
jaymen

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default New 2008 Dorffler Clone pulse recievers. Updated, picture added

I have had the good fortune to locate some brand new pulse receivers that are basically an improved version of the Ace Pulse Commander receiver. They are 27 mHz, which we have had no problems on as CB activity is practially non-exsistant these days.
These were designed after Ace had disscontinued them and they work quite well, better than the Ace ones did. They use improved IF coils and better transistors, and will drive any Adams actuator. They can also be configured to drive a relay, escapement, or Rand actuator. I will supply them with Deans connectors.

Designed by Mike Dorffler, who did receiver design for Royal Tech R/C, these are very nicely engineered(see pics below and I will be refering to them as the Dorffler Ace Pulse Commander Clone Receiver). Mike has been working with me to get me all the information and parts so I can begin producing them.

If you are interested please e-mail or PM me for details. I will be building to order only, mainly because there is no way to know the exact configuration or frequency you are going to need, and I'm a one man show so my time is limited. For those of you who may want to inquire about a kit, I must caution you that unless you have built R/C receivers before and have a scope along with some RF knowledge, you will not be able to tune the completed kit receiver. If you are interested in obtaining a receiver, please tell me what the application will be( Adams, escapement, Rand, etc...), the channel you need or if you are supplying the crystal, connector type if different from Deans, and your contact info to include address and phone number, and I will give you a quote with price and delivery.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu59936.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	1045459  
Old 10-03-2008, 10:59 PM
ggeezer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: New 2008 pulse recievers!

Hi Jay,
That sounds like a great find.
Would you consider selling them in kit form to guys like me who like to build our own stuff? Of course, in this condition, no money back warranty is expected.

Orv.
Old 10-04-2008, 10:06 AM
LittleRock

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'm interested in one. What now?
Old 10-04-2008, 06:38 PM
Mad Man Marko-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Jay:

I would really like to get one of those but most all of my newer style Ace tx's are on old 72 Mhz. Can the Tx be converted with a new RF board to 27 mhz.

Let me know what they are going for.

Thanks

Mark O
Old 10-07-2008, 06:17 PM
jaymen

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ace made 27 mHz modules for their transmitters, making a conversion very easy, just swap out the module! Some of the Later Ace72 mHz Pulse Commander Txs used a module, if yours has one, then you can change it to 27 mHz.

I will sell kits to those so inclined, but you will be on your own as I have no manuals. I have a parts overlay, and a schematic. You prep the parts, clean the PCB, and stuff it, clinch the leads and solder, add the wires and de-flux the board, then tune it up. Kits come minus the Xtal and wiring/plugs as these are variables that are user determined and easily purchased at your hobby store. If you cannot get Xtals, or plugs I can purchase them retail and add that to your bill. FYI, Futaba FM and Traxxas type xtals work in these receivers! PM or e-mail me for details, I'll get back to you. Kits are for experts with experience and an oscilloscope, if you have doubts better to get one assembled and tuned.

I did not think about selling them as kits, but come to think of it, building from Ace, Heathkit and Royal kits was very enjoyable and rewarding back in the old days, and there is nothing out there like that today. Again, this is for the experienced only.

I'm still awaiting the bulk of the stuff to arrive so don't worry about me selling out quite yet! I'll have to put together the paperwork and package them.

Jay
Old 10-07-2008, 09:22 PM
texflyer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I would be very interested in a couple of the receivers.

Floyd
Old 10-08-2008, 10:36 AM
jaymen

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi, just to update everyone who is interested, yes, I can sell these as kits, but as mentioned above, you need to have experience because I have very little in the way of technical literature and no manual, and also limited time to assist you. I suggest that an assembled receiver is the way to go if you have doubts, as kits will be sold as it, with no other garantee other than that they are complete.

Contact me @ jaymen@pacbell.net for details. You can PM me also but since I cannot see my responses on the PM , it is better to e-mail me direct so I can keep track of your correspondance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37783.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	1048078   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn40404.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	1048079  
Old 10-13-2008, 05:54 PM
jaymen

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: New 2008 pulse recievers! picture added

I have added pictures of the receivers. Those interested can e-mail me @ jaymen@pacbell.net
Old 02-07-2009, 05:39 PM
GHeiman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: New 2008 Dorffler Clone pulse recievers. Updated, picture added

Are these receivers available yet? Any news at all?
Old 02-12-2009, 04:16 PM
jaymen

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Check you email as I sent you a response, and yes, they are availlable! Jay.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:43 PM
GHeiman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Jay,

Your email was received.

Thank you.